Reviews for Kingdom Up For Sale
RJRRAA chapter 6 . 8/10/2011
Loved it sooooooooooooooooooooooo much, plz plz plz write soon!
Randalish chapter 6 . 8/10/2011
Okay, first of all: it's probably a coincidence, but thanks for posting this chapter a few hours earlier than usual. More time to appreciate it. ;-)

Second of all, kudos for capturing dream-logic perfectly. Just the right blend of reality and "off"ness and the proper weird progression of events that makes perfect sense while dreaming but none at all after you wake up.

Third, (since I started I might as well keep counting) Finn's and Quinn's relationship makes marginally more sense in your story than it did to me on the show, but it still mostly makes me feel sad for most of them. Even if I'm already pre-emptively blaming Finn for his prom-shenanigans and the funeral-breakup.

Fourth, Quinn and Stacey are adorable. And they taught me there is such a thing as a Dutch braid, which is kinda weird considering I -am- Dutch and didn't know about it. Sam and Quinn are great too, but then that's the point of this story.

Fifth... do I have a fifth? Oh, yes. I'll be interested to read what you make of the whole Lucy mess, since eh... well, that rather came out of the left field, I thought. Not my favourite plot development by a long shot. Oh well. You have to deal with it, not I.
Randalish chapter 5 . 8/9/2011
This one's just lovely. This chapter. It makes me feel for Quinn, it makes me like Sam, but most of all it just makes me really want her to have this, this friendship, this one place of quiet in her life. A good thing happening to a not-so-good person, as it were.

I can see Sam thinking of this garbage-therapy. Smashing things is more Finn's thing on the show, but that just means Quinn's been repressing more. The image is very striking. Quinn among the junk, the bat, the night sky. A picture's worth a thousand words they say, but a few words can paint any of a thousand pictures. And imagery conveys things no internal monologue can.

And I have to admit, I can just picture her expression as she's crushing everything around her with the bat... and it is a little scary.

On the down side, you keep posting these chapters just when I should be going to bed. Suffice to say, sleep tends to get postponed. Pity there's just four chapters left, but perhaps it is a good thing for that reason.
RJRRAA chapter 5 . 8/9/2011
RJRRAA chapter 4 . 8/8/2011

If you want more Sam and Quinn you should read A Sports Love Story by fabrevans.
Asynia chapter 4 . 8/8/2011
"Rachel happened?" I don't know, this just made me smile. It often sums it all I think ! xD

Anyway, really great chapter, very emotionnal and I wish they actually talked about Beth during 'Original Songs' because there's really nothing a part from Rachel's brief line.

I'm not a Fabrevans shipper, never been and probably never will be, but I think Quinn really needs someone like Sam in her life. He could have make her really happy, altough I think she never ever loved him.

Erm, well that's all. I feel so bad for Quinn, and I can't believe some people actually say she acts like a bitch in season two _

Can't wait for the sequel ! ) Great job.
mayzzRC chapter 3 . 8/7/2011
This was really good , but sam and quinn are going to be endgame right?
Asynia chapter 2 . 8/7/2011
(Yeah, it's me again !)

Just wanted to say that by the way, I loved the part about Quinn huming 'Keep Holding On' ) Reminds me of season one _
RJRRAA chapter 3 . 8/7/2011

Did Quinn and Finn have sex?
Asynia chapter 3 . 8/7/2011
Awww, this story is awesome !

The characters are perfectly in character and I love your writing. Plus, it feels like you really get Quinn's character ) Loved the Quinn/Kurt and Quinn/Brittany frienships (sometimes she seems SO alone on the show .) and the Quinn/Sam relationship.

Can't wait to read the next chapter !
RJRRAA chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
loveadubdub chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
Oh, god, I love this!

Seriously, this is amazing, and you have everyone down perfectly. I love everything about this, especially the way Quinn's still Quinn. I love that she wanted to kiss his forehead or put her hand on his knee but that she doesn't because she knows that's not fair.

I can't wait to read the rest of this, love all of it!
Randalish chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
Kurt annoys me at least 80% of the time on the show and 50% of the time in fan-fiction, but here I love him a little for coining "Quinnevere." Utterly cheesy, but in a 'So bad it's good' kind of way. And somehow it fits her.

Anyway, that was a tangent. On to Sam and Quinn. I wasn't really able to appreciate their relationship on the show because I was too busy being annoyed by the way everyone forgot about her baby. Lately I've been growing some appreciation for them though, particularly since "Rumours" aired. So the premise of this story grabbed me from the start.

Quinn's the character who interests me the most. She has so much potential on the show, yet it goes unrealised to a large extent. I've seen various interpretation of her character; some were what I'd describe as "An original character you should imagine as being played by Dianna Agron" but I'm far more interested in those that fit with what we see on the air. The interesting part is that even then there's all kinds of wriggling room.

Your story manages to show a Quinn who's: A] Suitably traumatised by her past, B] as good at hiding and repressing it as she should be to act like she does on the air, C] As harsh and uncompromising as she should be and D] capable of actual human feeling -at the same time-. That one's the kicker. These insights in Quinn's head and behaviour make her as fascinating as she ought to be.

Sam's a bit of a blank slate on the show, with the significant personality trait of "One of the few people in Lima, Ohio, who is actually decent all around." You make him quite interesting, giving him a believable edge (fits his circumstances) without compromising his decency. It's also neat to see his perspective on Quinn. If she's an enigma to us, how much more must she be to him? I'd like to believe that these two did find out all those little things about one another while they were dating.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm really looking forward to reading the rest of this. Thank you for writing.
agoodwinpd chapter 2 . 8/6/2011
Loved it! My favorite part was Quinn's panic attack. She's so beautifully trahic, I love it!
RJRRAA chapter 1 . 8/5/2011

Sam and Quinn are endgame right?
63 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »