Reviews for Magic
lois3 chapter 2 . 12/29/2002
A wonderful story, and your right every story does not have to be M&R, but I loves those too.

Thanks
SunKrux chapter 2 . 8/11/2002
Ry, I LOVE this one! Love the interaction between Marguerite and Challenger. Love the back story on Challenger (which the writers have never really done, shame on them)! Keep it up, twinny! Love ya!
LadyKate chapter 2 . 5/4/2002
This is a great story about Challenger! I've allways been a M/R girl but this story really opened me up to him. Thankyou so much for writing it.

Kate
Eva chapter 2 . 4/25/2002
Your beautifully written story has made me cry because I didn't have a grandfather George like our dear, dear Challenger. I am totally blown away by this, Ry. You know what a loyal R&M shipper I am, can't get enough stories about their relationship. But this delightful two-parter on Challenger's lonely childhood, brightened only by the light of a loving and wise grandfather is - the only word I can think of - refreshing. We don't get enough stories concentrating on him. And, he is such an integral part of our 'fab five' explorers. How many times has Challenger come up with the solution to the problem du jour? You have learned quickly how to appeal to all the senses of a reader...sounds, sight, emotions...! I could actually feel the coiled strips of wood on Dame Alice's twisted piece of birch. And, your description of the jungle night made me want to board the next boat to South America. The insight into Challenger and Jesse's childless marriage make my heart hurt for both of them. But his recognition that he had become such a father figure for the younger members of this make-shift family was warmed my heart. It made me glow thinking how they've all become a surrogate family for each other. I absolutely loved this, Ry. Please don't stop writing. You know exactly how to capture a reader's attention and steer them down the path of a very satisfying read. Thanks you for such a satisfying story.
Lizella chapter 2 . 4/23/2002
I love is the first Challenger fiction I have ever seen. So I love it even more! Are you going to keep on writing?
TLWROX chapter 1 . 4/17/2002
I think tears are starting to build up in MY eyes... This was great- we don't get many Challenger fics (hey- I'm not complaining about the number of M&R ones!) and this was excellent- how you portrayed the lonely, genius with the heart of a child. Great job. :) :) :)
Jaclyn chapter 1 . 4/17/2002
::sniffle:: That's so sad...I never think of *George* as having a sad childhood...cool idea :)