Reviews for In Another Life
Emi Philmore chapter 1 . 4/23
Beautiful. Just beautiful.

I read this a few months ago but came back to it today. Apparently I never left a review, oops! So here goes!

Everything about this was just so well done. I loved your writing style; it flowed wonderfully and emulated so much. I especially love how you had Severus questioning this existence; it makes this feel all the more real (if you know what I mean). There's so much more I want to say, but it's all jumbled. Just know that this is probably one of my favorite pieces I've read. It definitely deserves more favorites and reviews.

I remember stumbling upon that piece of fan art a while back. This does it justice. It's satisfying and, in a way, brings closure. Good job!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/22/2014
It's perfect for that drawing! So UTTERLY perfect!
wolvfbfn chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Wow. This is just beautiful. I love that picture and I came here looking for a fic inspired by it and yours exceeds any expectations I had. Thank you for this beautiful piece.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
I love it!
Cascaper chapter 1 . 1/22/2012
OH, this is gorgeous. I love the overlapping events of the Muggle world and the Wizarding world, and how he- did he die, in that bit with the car? It was unclear...but oh, who cares. This is sheer beauty and I love it.
fan-rei chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
glad severus get his lilly somewhere. thank you
DragonQuill6913 chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
Aww! I like this story a lot! It's really cute, and I like the way you did the SS/LE pairing. :)
Echo Norfleet chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
What a cool concept! You've got a real knack for writing. Not everyone could take that idea and make it work, but you definitely have! Awesome story!
Umbrella-ella chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
This was... amazing. Made my day. Thank you.
allez venez milord chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
This was beautiful.
Neversaid-I-Madesense chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
This was beautiful.

Thank you for writing this.
Lily Fox chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
So. Sitting here, sponging tears off my face. Oh wow.

I feel like I've been waiting forever to read this. Firstly... firstly, it is so amazingly well-written. Your turns of phrase just knock me out, are so beautiful, are so right. I can't recall particular ones right now, but more than a few times I was just marveling.

This made me curious as I read it and came to the breaks, the shifts, from world to world, wondering where it was going. Like my favorite stories, it comes together in the end to make sense, whatever that sense is. This is just brilliantly conceived and executed.

And I cried. I listened to this song by Midlake that goes, "On a clear day I can see my old house, and my wife in the front yard, talking with the friends we gathered in spring". So lonely and appropriate for those moments when his regret is tangible.

I wanted some kind of redemption for him, so much. I wanted his core of goodness to be rewarded. I want everyone to be loved. I love this, that he's given the things he deserved, that he's been given the chance to make things right. Hasn't everyone thought, if I could change just the one thing? I love that it's so real that he questions it, that he owns that old life, too, that he has something to compare it to. This is exactly what I felt when I drew the thing. This is what I wanted.

Before my husband and I were married, we fought a lot. Once, we had had a terrible fight and then went to see Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, where the message is that some people are just supposed to be together, like magnets. We walked out together, hands shaking, and held each other tightly. I said, "I feel like we just missed being hit by a train," and he said, "I know". We felt like we saw what might have happened, that we were on a different road. It was sort of terrifying but really wonderful, and that was almost ten years ago.

Thank you for this. I can't thank you enough, really.
dreamtmemories chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
You know, I was initially a little hesitant to read this based on the A/N because it sounded extremely confusing, but I'm so glad I did. I really like the way you wove the story together.

I remember seeing that particular piece of fanart a little while ago and absolutely loved it, so I'm delighted that you decided to base your story off of it! You're writing is superb and this story is perfect- it seemed very plausible and realistic and you really made it your own, which is much appreciated.
Lady Elizabeth of New York chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Amazing This fic was amazing. So descriptive. So wonderful. I'm sad to see it's complete.