Reviews for Overlord
Mjone21 chapter 1 . 8/29/2013
Great story. It reminds me of Dick and Dorothea in Winter Holiday observing the Swallows and Amazons from afar. Nice to have a similar experience observing them as adults in the theatre of war that has always had a tacit presence in the books (so seems totally comfortable to me).

I agree: An excellent portrail of the older Bridget and I enjoyed having an American perspective on the impeccably British Swallows and Amazons too. Hope to read more.
Jen4850 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Good story and I really appreciate your research.
Cadence Kismet chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
Really well done. I loved the weaving-in of a new character, and a war, into their adult lives. I thought that Bridget sounded completely in character - and you know, it's no small thing to take a girl who is maybe five or eight the last time we hear from her, and turn her into a sixteen year old (sixteen? or seventeen? My computer won't let me check now) without losing her voice. But you did an excellent job. I did sort of expect Roger or John or someone - hey, even Nancy - to do the protective-older-brother bit and demand that your protagonist clarify his intentions. I mean, she brought him in to meet her family. We know that he really is just a soldier she ran into who bought her a cup of tea, but if Bridgie is anything like she was growing up, I'd think her family would suspect her of hiding boyfriends and sneaking around a little, and just be a little less than complacent about any boy she brought home. Bridget always reminds me of Nancy in the glimpses we get of her, and after an extremely well-behaved oldest sister and a middle one who tells her mother practically everything, I'd think that Bridgie would opt to do things a little differently.
Kristine Thorne chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
This was incredibly moving, and at the same time thoroughly enlightening. A fantastic weaving of actual british history into the lives of the adult Swallows and Amazons whilst really making the reader feel that this could have happened. Well done! Smile!