Reviews for New Direction
Barbara Lambert chapter 18 . 6/8/2013
I loved reading your story! Better than I ever imagined the beginning to have been. Hope you have plans to write more as I have just recently found Fan Fiction!
murphycat chapter 18 . 3/6/2013
I put off reading this because I prefer the stories when they' re older. I did myself a disservice. I loved the detail and creative originality that stayed true to the characters. Great job!
CinnamonCarterfan chapter 18 . 9/21/2011
I am very sad that this story is finished because I enjoy it very much. Congratulations for your new job. I just hope that it can't keep you away from writing more stories (I am selfish, am I not ?). I wonder if you can't write a story in which this Roger guy would have to acknowledge Della's skills. I don't like him but it would be fun to see him realising what he had lost.

My favorite parts are Perry taking Della in his arms and hugging her and the desert part. Thank you very much for this story and please more !
likes-it-bubbly chapter 18 . 9/20/2011
Oh, so beautiful an end - the desert part, I LOVED it! :) So California indeed! And although I also adored the very end and the phone call he placed, these are my favorite lines:

"Her middle name was Katherine.

Her birthday was in April.

Her telephone number was now committed to his memory.

She liked roast beef and horseradish sandwiches and was willing to fight nearly to the death for a deli dill pickle.

Shared silence with her in a car was more satisfying than any conversation he had ever had with anyone any where."

All smiles and happy about those - saying so much, rounding it up. :) Thanks so much for this story, dear! I know I've been a little late to the rest of the party but I savored the end just as much as I enjoyed the beginning. :) :)
likes-it-bubbly chapter 17 . 9/20/2011
"spinelessly speechless" How apt a description for that Rodger guy. (Can you tell how much I dislike him? LoL!)

"greeted by a sharp gasp of surprise and then a squeal of approval from Gertie" Gertie you my second favorite office asset, you're such a doll! :) :)

"It suits you," he told her. "Classy, but with just the right amount of sass." Perry, you my hero! :) :) "Then he did the thing she needed, the thing she had wanted so badly for days. He took her in his arms and hugged her." FINALLY!

LOVE the "gushing teenager" bits. :)

"And next time you talk to Paul Drake, tell him that Rodger Eastlund's divorce was finalized Friday." Thank goodness she told him that! :) So happy!
likes-it-bubbly chapter 16 . 9/20/2011
Told ya, that Rodger guy is a real piece of work and should find a nice pair broad shoulders to tackle him in place for his ignorance and arrogance. Della is a doll with her short curls for crying out loud! And how blind must he be to not see her qualities beyond her favorable looks. JEEZ!

I love how Della realized how much she actually LIKES her boos though. Way to go, Del! :) Now let me get rid of that Rodger jerk for you (with some help of Paul and Perry) and shove you in the right direction. Let me spell it out for you, babe: go get Perry! :) :)
likes-it-bubbly chapter 15 . 9/20/2011
"Our little Della is running with the big boys, Uncle Perry."

That's my ab fab favorite line in this. Really gotta heart Paul, the big teddy bear. :)

And then I loved how Perry was musing about Della's phone number and where she lives while realizing that she's fully equipped with his contact details. :) Such a goof, our star lawyer. I mean, Perry, really! Got get that woman's number in your head, I think you're such a genius when it comes to numbers... now negligent not to have remembered darling Della's just yet.

But way to go, pal, saying goodbye to Laura who's hiding other men in her apartment from you anyway. Off you go and PLEASE tell Della to forget about this rich kid guy - we don't like him so he HAS TO GO, too. :)
likes-it-bubbly chapter 14 . 9/20/2011
So, Perry is FINALLY opening his eyes about Laura. The woman still unnerves me (but you write her so well!). She's really a pill, I agree with Paul. :)

And speaking of our favorite PI, I simply adore him in this chapter. He's such a darling and Perry should listen to him more thoroughly. ;) Or to his own voice of reasoning actually.

Man - are he and Della going to get it rolling soon or not? :) I'm positively impatient! :) :)
likes-it-bubbly chapter 13 . 9/20/2011
Ew boy, I'm so behind reviewing this - so sorry, dear! I'm greatly enjoying this and LOVED this chapter. Although I completely felt for Della. I mean, a) Rodger is an A moron and b) I've always wondered how she "lost" her hair and c) excellent (in a bad way), so now the affair is out. Well, at least she's got a good friend who's honest about that Rodger plague. :) And she did the only sane thing - Della darling CUT HER HAIR! :) :)
Captain Weirdo chapter 18 . 9/19/2011
Perfect line: Raylene Avery turned to Perry Mason. "Would you drive me to the police station? Ronnie doesn't drive."

What a great ending! This has been one of the most enjoyable stories I've read in a long time. You've done a wonderful job of fleshing out the characters.

Keep writing!

cw
Captain Weirdo chapter 17 . 9/19/2011
I can't tell you how much I love that scene between them on the court-house steps.

Such a great story - keep it going!

cw
Captain Weirdo chapter 16 . 9/19/2011
YES! Way to go, Della! Glad she's finally getting rid of Roger. Love your physical descriptions of her in this chapter.
razraz chapter 18 . 9/19/2011
Thank you for your story - I enjoyed how you moved Della from one emotion to another but did it very realistically. I didn't like Rodger he was such a creep but a well written creep. Good riddance to Laura! And the murder beautifully tied together.

Raz
tengland2 chapter 18 . 9/18/2011
FINALLY, rid of both Laura and Rodger. Silently enjoying each others company. Perry knows the important things about Della. Loved the choice of phone numbers to remember, but then again, his choice. Looking forward to more else where.
tengland2 chapter 17 . 9/18/2011
Perry to the rescue. Someone who appreciates Della's work, having her in court with him. Glad she got rid of Rodger and Laura is gone from him.
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »