Reviews for Avatar: The Spirits are with Us
Pensive Rumination Observer chapter 2 . 11/15/2011
Huh, Avatar with added gravitas, nice.

Looking forward to the mechanics of 'binding' a spirit to oneself, stuff like that is always interesting.

Unfortunatly I don't really feel qualified for contructive feedback. Just some advice though, if you are seriously considering using fanfiction as method of improving you writing skills you may want to look at the final chapter (it isn't really a chapter at all actually, just a big A/N) of "Kyon: Big Damn Hero" by 'Durandall'.

Apparently, Durandal felt that people on this website "were frequently too nice to me to help (him) improve as an author". Not sure if he's aiming to make a career out of it, but I would personally agree with this point. Not many readers are really that eager or qualified to critically review what we are reading in any real depth. More indepth stuff is in the A/N.

Durandal's solution was to quit and devote more time to another "smaller and more harshly critical" fanfiction community. I've taken a quick peak at SoulRiders (thats the community) and I agree, it is quite different from ffnet. His final chapter is really worth a read in my opinion if you do plan on developing your skills as an author.

Another example is 'jbern', a fanfic writer/author sorta like yourself I guess. I think he has a darklordpotter account where he runs forums on his HP fics. Heck his first book has been published already I believe.

You don't have to follow my advice or anything, but I got the impression Durandall became quite fustrated when he realised adulations of how awesome his fic was weren't really helping him improve. No offense or anything, but you don't seem to be having any better luck from the update in the profile.

Well take it how you want. I actually don't post stories myself so I may not be the best person to give advice... really, I wouldn't mind if you stayed. This fic is definitly in the top 10 or 5 percent of Avatar fics at least. You and Merlin write some amazing stuff. Good luck in you ambitions I guess.
He Who See's chapter 2 . 8/27/2011
I like it and I would like to see how Azeroth (not Metrion Zinthos if you catch the Teen Titans Reference) plays into everything.