Reviews for The Minister's Wife
Jenniiibear chapter 26 . 12/13/2012
I just read your whole story from the beginning to end so I thought it beat to just review at the end. I have to say...wow. I love the story itself. I think it is so original within the parameters set by J. K. Rowling. I felt the characters were in character and I could just imagine the Potter kids as you have described them. I felt that this story was almost painful to read because I felt how Ginny in the novel felt, conflicted over what to do, how to be true to herself. I have always been a D/G shipper but this is the first story I have ever read (and I have been exclusively reading D/G material since 2002ish) that I have liked the character of Harry Potter and actually wanted her and Harry to work out in the end. I mean I am kind of upset that she didn't end up with Draco either, but I have never rooted for Harry before.

That being said, I think several of your chapters need a good edit. You used the word meant incorrectly in several chapters. Sometimes there was just a bit too much dialogue and not enough actions/descriptions to accompany them. There were a few grammar mistakes as well. But don't get me wrong, the strength of the story by far outweighs these flaws (and for me, and English major, to get over the nitpicking... Lol).

Overall I feel like when I finished this story, I had an emotional connection with it. I felt that my life and how I perceived relationships would be altered because of this story. I find when I read books and certain stories that they stay with me and this is definitely one of them. Thank you for writing this story and completing it.
fanficjunky chapter 2 . 10/20/2012
Just got here from one of your other story's and it's another pleasant surprise.
Your writhing style seems really complete if that makes sense. You keep all characters real also, especially Malfoy because some writers make him really nice and people like Ron unreasonably mean while we all now that he's just kind of a dick (But that's why we like him).
Also while your grammar and spelling is perfect you change 'met' into 'meant'
this goes for 'The snitch live' too [just saying]
Slytherinjunkie20 chapter 26 . 8/20/2012
Words cannot express how absolutely beautiful this story is. I mean, I know a lot of people read this ship and get used to the Harry bashing and all but I hoped they all appreciated how wise everything within this story was.

You beautifully captured all of the feelings that go with ending relationships, the fear of leaving and not knowing what to do, the unfulfilled needs, the 'break up' conversation, and the companionship that one needs when they are thinking of starting on a new, unfamiliar path. This story hit a place in me that really kind of caught me off guard. You don't have to be going through divorce to still feel what both Harry and Ginny must have felt throughout the whole fic.

I always felt that Harry and Ginny just were not a good fit because they jumped into everything but you shifted my perspective a little bit. Maybe they were good for each other at one point, but as they grew, they were no longer romantically in love any longer. This is how I pictured the relationship turning out to be honest.

Thank you for taking the time to put so much wisdom and feeling into this fic. It really grounded me and made me think about my life and where I was going with it.

Keep writing-your good at it!

Much Love
Slytherinjunkie
Fred chapter 26 . 8/11/2012
Divorcing someone you are still in love with is a cowards way out; falling out of love is the only reason for divorce.
Babydex17 chapter 26 . 8/6/2012
Aww, I wanted them to get together . . . oh well
Anon chapter 26 . 8/2/2012
I hate that Harry and Ginny got divorced... I mean I get it, but it was still so heartbreaking.

You did a good job with this fic. I liked the concept of Skeeter reading her book, and how you flipped the assumption every reader had of Ginny and Draco's relationship. The characters are also nicely fleshed out.

The spelling and grammatical mistakes did get to me though. Sometimes I had to reread sentences to figure out what you meant. Perhaps a beta might be a good idea.

Kudos again.
Leah chapter 26 . 8/1/2012
Its really interesting. Plz continue writing
Sarisol chapter 26 . 8/2/2012
Wow! Its been a great story!
I know I found it kinda late but I enjoyed it so much!
The perspective was very original s. the resolution completely unexpected but satisfying and in my opinion true to the characters and the story!
In short: I loved it!
Whatisfake chapter 1 . 7/27/2012
First like I always said you are very fabulous writer.

But, however, it is really not a DG story, it is a HG story which has a sad ending. It is so touched when you depicted their kids reaction, I almost root for your Harry at the end and hope they can get back even though I am diehard DG fans.

And in the end they are not together, how come it could be a DG story. Draco is just Ginny's accident friend appears at the road of their broken marriage.

I have to go back to double check what the category this story is in and it said romance. I don't know and I am so confused.
ShortySC22 chapter 26 . 7/28/2012
I liked the last few chapters, but I thought this ended a little suddenly, I was looking forward to seeing more of what would happen after the divorce and I'm actually looking forward to seeing how you will characterize Lily, Albus, James, and Scorpius in the spinoff and how they handle the divorce.
orangepigeon19 chapter 26 . 7/27/2012
This was fantastic! I am still slightly confused on what actually happened and what didn't.. but I love it!
Nutmeg44 chapter 26 . 7/27/2012
So are you telling me that Ginny and Draco didn't get together? I'm a tad confused and disappointed but still happy. This was a really good, riveting story that I greatly enjoyed reading. I look forward to the spin off. Thanks for sharing this gem.
Nutmeg44 chapter 25 . 7/27/2012
This is interesting. I don't know what to say at this point. I know the next chapter is the last so I'll just read that and see. I will say this, though, the chapter is great as always.
Nutmeg44 chapter 24 . 7/27/2012
This is brilliant! I'm so happy they finally got together and it was simple and comfortable and relaxing. No drama, just passion and laughs. So good.

sidenote: I was one of the 'guest' reviewers of chapter 23. My review has the word 'bittersweet' in it; I just didn't want you to think I didn't review. No abandonment here...:)
Katereena chapter 26 . 7/26/2012
Seriously?
That's it!
Do lily and scorpius get together?