Reviews for Fair Vote
storybookknight chapter 22 . 4/1/2013
This is pretty brilliant stuff. The best DF fox on the site, and probably one of the better stories I've read here overall. I'd be interested to read any of your other work!
Anonymous chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
This is an amazing piece of work man. The amount of detail in it.. You could certainly have gone pro. Loved how you kept to the spirit of the Dresden Files while not even basing the story in Chicago or writing about Dresden himself as a protagonist. Any possibility of a sequel?
theevilouterspacechicken chapter 22 . 12/21/2012
Holy Crap. This fic is Amazing. I would not be surprised if you were actually Jim Butcher. Everything is just so... authentic. This definitely needs more publicity, you should post this on some forums. Oh and a sequel would be awesome and much appreciated. Hope to see more of your work soon!
kostigan chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
I can see you're a pro writer man, because this was truly great. Too bad Dresden Files community here isn't bigger and this story has so few reviews. I can only hope that that won't demotivate you too much and you'll write a sequel.
BlueRiverSaint chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
I am really enjoying your story. Even with original characters and a setting as far away from Chicago but still on the continental USA, you have managed to capture the flavor and spirit of the Dresden Files setting. I am only five chapters in and I wish this was canon. I also had a professor who did some of his doctorate work near and in Tibet... he would probably tell me that any other Tibetan (not needing to infiltrate the place) accused of being "Red Chinese" would have been really ticked. Or not. I admit to not knowing Tibetan culture that well... though some Tibetan Buddhist sects can be pretty nasty from what I've heard.
ArrowsForPens chapter 22 . 10/21/2011
I actually read the pdf version and came to look for it over here because, basically... moar plz? I've loved Dorje from his very first line, and the way you integrated Eastern and Western magic was fantastic.

There was just one thing that kind of stuck out an irked me: Marcone didn't offer Dorje obscene amounts of money. He offered him a job, but he didn't go into how much better the kid's life would be for taking it. I feel like he's underselling himself, if he doesn't write down a number and slide it across the table and sit back and look smug.

And like someone else on TVTropes, the line about taking out ALL the vampires being an impossible task pretty much made me choke. I hope there's a sequel in the works, Changes made it a whole new world out there!
Razorsmile chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Great, you put it on ! More readers ahoy!
KiBird chapter 22 . 8/22/2011
Love it. I see why people are saying he's just like Dresden, but is that really a bad thing? At the very least, I think his magic makes him unique enough to not matter.

Really hope to see more from you. Don't let the low reviews get you down. This is better than a LOT of stuff I've read on this site.
displayheartcode chapter 22 . 8/21/2011
"Look, all it is, is there's a couple of selkies trapped here in Miami, and I was hoping that you could escort them back to Edinburgh. After that, they can do the rest."

"Selkies?" Dresden asked. "What's selkies doing in Miami?"

This still has to be one of the best endings that I've read on this site. Just saying :-)
KiBird chapter 15 . 8/18/2011
This is fantastic stuff. I love the amount of detail you put into this.

Can't wait for more of anything you write.
aureus yarara chapter 2 . 8/14/2011
Oh, for the sake of anyone reading the reviews to check out the fic. I have finished reading and I have a lot to add:

1) Marcone IS in the fic, and Harry does a cameo appearance. Both of them are perfectly IC.

2) Nick invented the concept of Devil's Advocate being a supernatural being/human with supernatural powers. And it is an AMAZING concept and very very fitting with the dresdenverse.

3) Contains the ABSOLUTE BEST summary of Harry's and Marcone's dealings (I'm hesitant to call it "relationship").

4) Definite proof that the Universe doesn't hate JUST Harry.

5) Everything fit so perfectly, so seamlessly, with the actual canon; even the way it's written... If this was published under Jim's name, I would totally believe it.

All in all, potential readers, a lovely, lovely novel, well worth the reading. I'd love to read a part two and/or epilogue.
displayheartcode chapter 2 . 8/13/2011
*Punches fist in air* Yes! You uploaded it on here, and let's hope that more people will read it.
displayheartcode chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Ha, I love it. Jeeves is brilliant, and for the change with the electronics. I'm going to have to read the one on your blog, won't I? Sadly, I too, have the same qualm as the previous reviewer. He is rather Dresden-y.
aureus yarara chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Well, seeing how you've still got no comments.

I'm on page 91 and I'M LOVING THIS FIC.

Are the specialized fonts absolutely essential to the story? You should totally post it completely in .

Oh, and take away Harry and Marcone as main characters, please? You explicitly said there will be no Harry, and Marcone hasn't appeared so far, and I'm a third of the story in...

I love this novel. Novellet. Whatever.

You have a charming way with words. Dorje is a very lovable person. And the story flows nicely.

Dorje is a bit too much like Harry. I suppose you could call him Harry and say it's AU and I wouldn't complain about OOC.

That's about my only complaint :)

Very nice story so far, very nice worldbuilding.

I have a question: did you start writing this after or before Changes? Because that line about how no-one has a plan to kill ALL vampires... just HILARIOUS.
29 | « Prev Page 1 2