Reviews for Because All Men Are Brothers
Nate The Ape chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
Another well-done fic, full of Ax's trademark hilarious naivete. Cool touch on how shirts are available in this AU with reinforced shoulder cloth for people with raptor and other large bird daemons. Good of Tobias to keep Ax in line at the movie, although I kind of feel oddly disappointed that the incident with the kid never took place in this fic's world.
You ever heard of the Tully Monster? I thought of that crazy prehistoric creature when Tobias' alias was mentioned. Looks like something Visser Three would morph into.
«Some dæmons are just quiet. People usually get that.»
"Hell, the school is way too familiar to me, and it still makes me so depressed I don't want to talk," said Diamanta.
"And yet for some reason, you still talk all the time," said Abineng. I laughed so damn hard at that exchange!
The way you had Chapman "deal with" Mr. Pardue's release from his Yeerk within this universe was brilliantly crafted! Well, well done. Of course he couldn't kill him outright. Loved the way you had Merlyse expressing Jake's fury and hatred as the coyote.
Laughed so much at this bit: «I'm not his babysitter,» Tobias grumbled. "What is a babysitter? Sit. Ter. Do they sit on babies? Would that not cause physical injury to human infants?" Marco gave Tobias a look with his eyebrows raised. «OK, maybe I am,» Tobias said. «Go ahead, Marco, I'll keep an eye on him.»
How could Ax have known the program in its entirety without at least scrolling through it? I don't think Tobias would've minded him doing only that much.
So nice to see Ax AND Tobias getting to spend time with Cassie's parents for dinner. :) I know what a degu is!
Again, a stellar story.
mistrali chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
At this point I'm really starting to fall in love with this fic, and the quality of the writing is such that it could've come straight out of canon IMHO. You capture Ax's voice very well, and you do an exceptional job of showing us just how vulnerable both he and Tobias are, both outcast from their own kind.
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
I liked the quiet, resigned pragmatic cynicism Ax shows with the infested teacher compared to dinner at Cassie's place. He does better with Tobias to help cover for him at passing for human, but the Ax-man sometimes needs to see outside the war, too, just for his own sanity. (As little as it may manifest to outsiders anyway...)