Reviews for Unexpected
NotSafe4Sanity chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Just to point out, Valern is the Salarian councilor. Sparatus is the name of the turian councilor.

I'm sorry if someone else already pointed that out, and you don't care. I just wanted to let you know.
EpitomyofShyness chapter 5 . 7/3/2012
This was too awesome for me to adequately describe. You just rock.
EpitomyofShyness chapter 3 . 7/3/2012
"I dismiss that claim."

... Oh my god I love you.
Cavazza chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Uh, as much as I love this story, I'd like to point a tiny thing out.. Velarn is the name of the SALARIAN councilor, not the Turian. The Turian councilor is Sparatus, or Quentius, if you destroyed the Destiny Ascension. Esheel replaces Valern in that case.
zombiegirl22 chapter 5 . 3/23/2012
Really awesome chapter and fitting conclusion to this fic.

Love the brief moment between Garrus and Shepard.

And I love how Shepard told Valern "I told you so", but in a way that showed him that after all the two have been through, she know holds him in a new regard. Loved the sequel, and I hope you don't stop writing Garrus/FemShepard/Valern fics.

Really glad I came across this fic.
zombiegirl22 chapter 4 . 3/23/2012
My favorite chapter of this fic, some hot FemShepard/Valarn action, left me with a nosebleed.

This chapter was well written, and I just loved the hot scenes between Shepard and Valern. I think Valern was quite surprised that Shepard's touch while patching him up would leave him hot and bothered and not in way that needed release from fighting. As Shepard was thinking of whether Valarn wanted to fight with her or have sex with her, I couldn't help but think back to the scene in ME 2 where Garrus is talking with Shepard about how he and another cadet he was with relieved some of the much pentup stress and tension between the two, and immediately knew by reading Valern's response that Shepard and Valarn would seek a similar solution. Happy to see that they did seek the similar solution.

My favorite lines from this fic were the following-

"Velarn's fierce expression darkened in some subtle way. "You're a Spectre. Under direct Council command, if I may remind you. Which I happen to be a part of. Therefore that sort of threat is highly inappropriate." Something changed in his voice as well, but she couldn't quite define it. "I think I have had enough of your insolence. You do need a reminder of who is in command. And most importantly, you really need to shut up."

It was nice to see Shepard getting what was coming to her, after being so insolent to Valern. I know when I play ME and my FemaleShepard talks to the council, I always have her responding with Renegade statements. I remember all times I made Joker cut the Council off while they were reprimanding Shepard after a mission, so I can definitely see how in character it would be for Valern to finally get agitated with all of Shepard's back talk and take it into his own hands to find a way to stop her from talking back. His way of biting her neck is an effective (and hot/sexy) way of shutting her up.

After reading this chapter I do not see how this fic does not have more reviews. Guess it must be that not a lot of ME players take the time to come to to read ME fanfics. I know I have just recently started reading ME fanfics, I guess it has to do with me playing and finishing ME 3 and therefore I recently became in tne mood to start reading ME fanfics. I'm a huge anime and Bleach fan, so I have been on reading Bleach fanfics, and never got into reading ME fanfics, but I'm very happy I found your fics.

Once again, I want to reiterate how much I love this chapter. I now have a new favorite pairing besides FemShepard/Garrus.
zombiegirl22 chapter 3 . 3/23/2012
I'm surprised at Shepard that she didn't know that Valarn was such a good fighter/soldier. When I first played ME 1 and saw my first Turian (Nihlus), I somehow knew that all turians were kickass and awesome soldiers/fighters. Which is one of the reasons I love ME so much, and why Garrus accompanied me on all my missions once I aquired him in ME, ME2 and ME3.

It makes sense that Valarn was in a Turian specialist unit since there is no way he was part of the Council without earning his way to such a prestigious position. I love how he tells Shepard that he won his armour in tryouts for the specialist unit. In the previous chapter, Shepard seemed to be winning in their witty, sarcastic responses/jabs, so I'm happy Valarn gets some witty/sarcastic jabs in too- "And now you know better. You're alive and won't make this mistake again. And I had your back covered, didn't I? I don't see you having any grounds for complaint here." His tone was dismissive. "You're just irritated that you misjudged me."

I also like his response to Harbinger's statement of him being "primitive"-"I dismiss that claim." I really like how you write Valarn, your writing of him almost makes me love him more than I love Garrus (Garrus is my fav. ME character).

Another amazing chapter!
zombiegirl22 chapter 2 . 3/23/2012
Really liked this chapter, and the witty, sarcastic replies Valarn and Shepard give each other. Both Shepard and Valarn are both IC, and I just love Shepard's responses to Valarn's questions/statements- "Sure. Telling 'I told you so' to your corpse wouldn't hold half the satisfaction."

I think being around Garrus allowed Shepard to get used to Turian behavior and that came in handy now that she is dealing with Valarn.

really awesome chapter.
zombiegirl22 chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
I read this fic straight through without stopping. Usually I review after each chapter, before moving on to the next chapter, but this story was so good, I found myself going straight through the chapters to see what happens next. Instead of leaving just one long review for chapter five detailing all the things that were awesome, intrigueing and funny about this fic, I felt that you, being the talented and awesome writer that you are, deserved a long review after each chapter. I feel it is the least I can do since I enjoyed this story immensely.

First off, amazing plot. I must say during a time while I was reading this I was reminded of a mission while playing ME 3 that was similar to this, and almost thought to myself that you must have some psychic abilities since you wrote this way before ME 3 came out.

I have always been a fangirl of the FemSHepard/Garrus pairing, ever since ME 1, I wished they would have let FemShepard romance Garrus back then (seriously they were ok with having Liara has a romance option for FemShepard but not Garrus back in ME 1, so I was quite happy to see that Garrus was made a romance option in ME 2. I mostly read FemShepard/Garrus pairing on here, and it was interesting to see a FemShepard/Valern fic. I'm happy that I didn't pass this fic up.
Hajnalmadar chapter 5 . 9/12/2011
Great story! Eyvindr gave me the link, and I'm grateful for it, because I enjoyed your fic immensely. Thank you! :-)
Eyvindr chapter 5 . 9/10/2011
I have read this story yesterday on the ME kink meme, and you must know that, I don't know how, but you have totally converted me! :D

This was well written, funny and hot! So far I simply hated Valern with a passion, but now... OMG! I can't stop thinking about this!

I suppose my turian-fethis really didn't need this... o_O
femegade chapter 5 . 9/2/2011
Awesome job on this story. Very well written and a great take on the ME universe. I'll definitely be reading your continuation!
RayneEthelwulf chapter 5 . 8/6/2011
There are just not enough fics with the T.C. as a LI. Enjoyed the reading! :)