Reviews for Not Alone
Cainchan chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
I reread this story so many times, I lost count. God, I love especially when you pair Spock up with McCoy and how you portray their whole dynamic. I adore how careful and gentle McCoy is with a very vulnerable and upset Spock - we all would be upset wouldn't we when we would have to go through our worst memories again - and in Spock's case to go through the destruction of Vulcan again. I always thought that the destruction of his home planet would have a bad effect on every Vulcan - especially Spock - all these broken links and bonds, seeing his mother die, suddenly being alone in his mind - that must hurt and be very frightening for a Vulcan. I am glad Leonard is there for him - and I would love to read something about Spock having Nightmares and Leonard comforting him. Your Jim is also perfect. You write them all so very well. Now I will never be able to read stories written by other authors because yours are so perfect and your characterization is so without flaws. ohhh and McCoy giving Spock nicknames is my favourite thing in the world.
Linda chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
I don’t know how you do it – how you write them so perfectly but god, you do. I love your portrayal of Spock and Bones. It is so refreshing and wonderful and god, you never cease to amaze me with how wonderful you write them. I love their dynamic, I love how much Bones cares for Spock and how tender and gentle he is with him when Spock is distressed like in this story. I love it when Bones calls him nicknames too… ohm jesus, your Bones and Spock are perfect and wonderful and thank you for sharing that story with us.
Addictedreader09 chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
that was both sad and comforting. glad bones is around :D
WickedWitchoftheSE chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Wow...what I really liked about this was the love that McCoy and Spock had for Kirk. Great job conveying all three of them in this story.
setphaserstosass chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
phew. I was expecting a death from the summary, but i convinced myself to give it a try, and i was glad i did. I had to give myself a peptalk first though: "It says it's not too dark! Come on, you can do it. It's a mattmetzger fic, they're great. Come on, it's probably not a deathfic..." etc. Anyways, I man'd up and read it, and it was sad, but also touching and sweet.

moviesaremagic
ShamelessSpocker chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Mercy! I don't know what kind of beings these were that they had to put others through that, but jeez. Many times I forget that with all the psychic links Spock would have had with family and even friends, being forced to relive what Nero did would devastate him. And what *do* you do for a Vulcan in shock? I've seen others propose that melding with a tortured Vulcan is akin to standing in the path of a tornado. I think you did an excellent job showing Spock's pain and confusion. I really appreciated how Leonard was there for him, and always did what was best for Spock, including privacy when he finally allowed Spock to meld with him. Okay, I'll admit it. They do make a pretty cool couple. That was a wonderful story, thank you so much!
Doni chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Love it.
VegetarianFannibal chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Aw that was incredibly sweet! I love when Bones calls Spock sweetheart! Great story!
VeeDub chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
You give us this because you love us and we deserve it.

Since I was one of the reviewers who suggested a Bones/Spock meld, I thank you. I loved this.
NotReallyNormal chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Aw, this was really cute. Spock having PTSD is a new twist in this fandom, and from this it seems that it isn't that bad of an idea to play with. Nicely written!

B.
PaperPrince chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
It could have been just a tiny bit sweeter,but hey that's probably just my opinion :) other than that its a really great story. Btw I loved seeing Bones being all protective of Spock!
Milarca chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Oh, I like that. I don't get Spock/McCoy, and I'm having doubts I ever will, but this was sweet. Intense. I like how receptive Spock is to touches to his psi points. Poor Vulcan. Even as strong as they are, as he is, they can still be brought down. Can still have nightmares.