Reviews for He's My Family
Teachergra chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
What a beautiful little fic! Things like this put a big smile on my face! Keep it up.

Princess-Arulmozhi chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
This, yes. Wonderful, the way they just realize that no matter who they're with (Dean, with Lisa, Sam with his "family"), they've always only needed each other. They're each other's real family.
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Great illustration of how the brothers are there for each other in so many subtle, non-verbal ways - and how the world is slightly off-kilter when that support is not within reach.

As a big fan of Flashpoint, I also appreciate the role Mark played in this fic. He had more to do here than he did in multiple appearances on screen. A big waste of David Paetkau, IMHO. Big thanks for righting that wrong.

Cheers, Sculls
TammiTam chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Another awesome story. You portray the brothers so well. You should have snapped a pic of the bumber sticker, how cool!
Kubi-Beutlin chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
This was beautiful. I had to grin like a damned idiot when the part with the tomatoe soup came up. I think the big advantage of SPN and it's characters is, that Sam and Dean are badass hunters, that hardly fear anything, but together the really are just brothers and their childhood and the needto feel like a kid again every now and then always comes through. You expressed this beautifully. I love how your work always manages to be insightful, emotional and sweet without becoming cheesy or girly. Really good work at keeping that delicate balance. Voices were spot on and the way you compared them apart to them together was really really clever.
BlueSea14 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I really liked the contrast between Dean and Sam when they were not at the best in distinctly unfamiliar situations, compared to how they were together. It was interesting to see how Dean's shoulder was handled by Lisa - someone who isn't used to serious injury being so commonplace that it didn't merit a hospital - and how Soulless-Sam and his situation was just as alien.

Great job!
Fitz Darcy chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Loved it. Made me sad at how bull headed they can both be ;)
beyondtired chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
This was so awesome. I don't agree with the way they ended the whole Lisa/Ben thing - never liked them being on in the first place (because really, she was a one-night stand that he met up with again during a case and all of a sudden Dean is in love? Really?), but having them forget Dean was in my opinion just kind of stupid - did Castiel wipe the memories of everyone Dean ever came in contact with while he was with them?

Anyway, I love how this showed that even with them, Sam always meant family to Dean - even if he did seem to forget that for a while.
Scribble2Much chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
This was exceptional.

It made for great reading on a lazy Sunday morning.

In the final section when the boys are back together it's amazing how your depiction of the scene shows them so clearly moving as one. Each one's strengths making up for the other's weakness, each one's actions complimenting the other's counteractions. When Sam goes to answer the door, and Dean threw the wallet without saying a word, I could just picture that as a scene from the show. It was so THEM.

And of course the ending is perfect. Love the schmoop without even the slightest hint of mellodrama.

Nice job all around.
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
The differences of how what they longed for while being injured apart (even Soulless) is nearly painful, but you brought them full circle back together the way it should be.

I don't like bumper stickers, but I'd make an exception for that one~~
SupernaturallyEgocentric chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Love this story, very well written. And wonderful schmoop. Love it when they're taking care of each other.
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
No matter what the circumstances or quality of health care, the brothers seem to thrive best when they are together. 3
The Lilac Elf of Lothlorien chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Loved this! Nice example of the brothers being injured and seperated and when they're back together.

Can't wait to see what you do next!
LyNn-6t7 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Well it wasn't me with the bumper sticker but if you ever DO find out ask them where they got it lol, cause now I WANT one. ;)

Anyhoo This was great. I liked how you did soul-less Sam. You actually made him soul-less without me wanting to jump into the screen and slap him. Which was my reaction through 75% of the 6th season.

Ending was perfect. Can't wait for the next.
mamapranayama chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Wonderful story. I love how even robo-Sam misses his brother without even realizing it and the last scene at the end was just perfect. Thanks for sharing! :)
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »