Reviews for Walking Away
1tinac chapter 1 . 3/15
Great story.
CentauRita chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Edward, you always fight yourself so hard! You and Jasper could have both been happier, sooner...if you only didn't battle yourself.

I love Jasper

Jasper loves me

I am complete
BlueCat69 chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Beautiful – there are no other words for this little piece of brilliance. Thank you so much for sharing.
sapphirescribe chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
That was absolutely beautiful. I really liked your Edward here. He was mature and composed and so unlike canon Edward, but still so much the same.

Two parts of the story in particular really struck me:

However, Jasper never fully left me in those years, and I was constantly aware of his pull. Carlisle knew. He also knew that I loved him more than I'd ever loved anyone. Every so often, he would pull me back against his chest and press his palm to my ache, easing it to a degree. There was no rhyme or reason to those moments, but I was grateful for them.

It was stifling and humiliating to go from being his lover, his equal, his confidant, to being placated, being told that my sour mood indicated hunger and that I should go hunt. My mood was not created from the need to feed. My solemnity was caused from having the man I loved being taken away from me while I sat by and watched him go moon-eyed over another.

The love between Edward and Jasper was so perfect. I really appreciated that they came together after they had both lived and learned who they were, but still retained some of the spark they had when they "knew" each other from their more innocent times. Beautifully done.
rosesmom61 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I am so glad to be reading your words again. I have missed Sketchbook for a long time now. Everything I read I compare to your J and E and they all pale in comparison.

These guys are just as amazing! Thanks.
twilightbloom chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
I freakin' LOVE this story!

It touched my heart because it hits on what Real Life is all about; love, loss, regret and making mistakes as we fumble our way to understanding. The love stories are complex and believable plus hot Carlisle, Edward and Jasper are good too. Aahhhh, Jasper. BTW, really good treatment of his adult incarnation.

This is a great stand-alone but there is definitely possibility for a multi-chapter here.

Pretty please? I really like the way you've fleshed the characters and would love to see how they grow together.

Good luck!
Layne Faire chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
breathtaking! Good luck!
Anonymous82215 chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
This was a lovely story, bb. Full of gorgeous plot and the right amount of angst and vampire and boylove. I have envisioned what Esme's arrival would have been like for Edward a hundred times, and I liked how you captured that time, as well as the anguish of the injured Jasper, held captive in his chair, at the end of the story. Excellent job. Good luck in the contest. -ICM :)
ArcadianMaggie chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
You already know how much I loved this, but I figure I should post a review as I'm going through the rest of the entries. You had me nervous, since I wasn't sure E was going to end up alone or not. God, Carlisle was such a douchebag! Haha. I'm so happy things turned out the way they did. I want them to be happy together forever. *sniff*

So emotional and beautifully done. Thank you!
mrsbeas chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
This was really great - Edward's journey was so emotional that I never really thought about what was happening with Jasper until finding out about his own difficult path, in a more physical sense, toward the end. Of course, I assumed that the opening words were going to apply at the end of the story, so I was very happy to find an HEA! Wonderful job!
MySlashyFriend chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
This is lovely. I particularly like how you've used the title with both relationships. Wonderful.

Good luck!
Melooza chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
I so hurt for Edward in this. I wanted him and Carlisle to work so badly. *sigh*

I am glad that he and Jasper got their HEA tho.

Well done bb. :)
shoefreak37 chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Gah, what a great tale you've written here!

Such a variety of emotions in this one with a constant undertone of longing. So good. I feel kind of heartachy right now but very happy with the ending.

Extremely well done!
deenerneener chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Another wonderful one-shot! I don't usually read vampfic (anymore), but this one was worth making an exception. Your vampires have so much more complex natures. I love the subtlety with which you've created them.

I also love the way you take your time to develop character, and relationships.

I loved the way, here, Edward met Jasper, but then it took him years to get to know himself, to understand what he felt. I loved that he and Carlisle got to know each other in that more intimate way, too, although that made it all the sadder for Edward when Esme came along.

There was something touching and innocent about the way Edward finally got to know Jasper, both so very briefly when the boy cut his foot, and, later, when he was a chair-bound, Korean war veteran with an amputed leg.

Considering the era, it was all the more remarkable how simply and openly Jasper asked Edward how long Edward had loved him. I wonder, as I think about it, if some part of Jasper didn't just love about Edward how much Edward reveled in Jasper's youthful carefreeness, and was able to restore that to him (along with restoring his missing leg).

And yet, in the end, it was Edward who felt complete.

Marvelous!

Thank you for writing this. I'm looking forward to feasting on more of your completed stories in the very near future.

All the best.
Wont2nach chapter 1 . 8/28/2011
Beautiful story. I especially loved the shower scene and how you handled Jasper's blood on Edward's hands. Great!
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »