Reviews for Walking Away
Guest chapter 1 . 9/2/2016
This was such a lovely story! It was amazingly written and as a reader you really felt with Edward through it all.
I got really upset with Carlisle and Esme though. I can't believe they treated him like "their child" after what Edward was for Carlisle. I felt for him, I was humiliated and upset with him. And it was a fantastic feeling! I crave stories like this, with that much feeling put in to it!
You write so well I felt like I was there! Thank you!
Gubefan1980 chapter 1 . 1/20/2016
Wow that was awesome. So sweet tender and poignant. I was pleased that except for the injury, Edward stayed away from Jasper while he was still a minor. Very tenderly written, describing Edward's loneliness and the need to escape, to protect Jasper from himself, while finding some sola
1tinac chapter 1 . 3/15/2015
Great story.
CentauRita chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
Edward, you always fight yourself so hard! You and Jasper could have both been happier, sooner...if you only didn't battle yourself.

I love Jasper

Jasper loves me

I am complete
BlueCat69 chapter 1 . 1/14/2013
Beautiful – there are no other words for this little piece of brilliance. Thank you so much for sharing.
sapphirescribe chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
That was absolutely beautiful. I really liked your Edward here. He was mature and composed and so unlike canon Edward, but still so much the same.

Two parts of the story in particular really struck me:

However, Jasper never fully left me in those years, and I was constantly aware of his pull. Carlisle knew. He also knew that I loved him more than I'd ever loved anyone. Every so often, he would pull me back against his chest and press his palm to my ache, easing it to a degree. There was no rhyme or reason to those moments, but I was grateful for them.

It was stifling and humiliating to go from being his lover, his equal, his confidant, to being placated, being told that my sour mood indicated hunger and that I should go hunt. My mood was not created from the need to feed. My solemnity was caused from having the man I loved being taken away from me while I sat by and watched him go moon-eyed over another.

The love between Edward and Jasper was so perfect. I really appreciated that they came together after they had both lived and learned who they were, but still retained some of the spark they had when they "knew" each other from their more innocent times. Beautifully done.
rosesmom61 chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
I am so glad to be reading your words again. I have missed Sketchbook for a long time now. Everything I read I compare to your J and E and they all pale in comparison.

These guys are just as amazing! Thanks.
twilightbloom chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
I freakin' LOVE this story!

It touched my heart because it hits on what Real Life is all about; love, loss, regret and making mistakes as we fumble our way to understanding. The love stories are complex and believable plus hot Carlisle, Edward and Jasper are good too. Aahhhh, Jasper. BTW, really good treatment of his adult incarnation.

This is a great stand-alone but there is definitely possibility for a multi-chapter here.

Pretty please? I really like the way you've fleshed the characters and would love to see how they grow together.

Good luck!
Layne Faire chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
breathtaking! Good luck!
Anonymous82215 chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
This was a lovely story, bb. Full of gorgeous plot and the right amount of angst and vampire and boylove. I have envisioned what Esme's arrival would have been like for Edward a hundred times, and I liked how you captured that time, as well as the anguish of the injured Jasper, held captive in his chair, at the end of the story. Excellent job. Good luck in the contest. -ICM :)
ArcadianMaggie chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
You already know how much I loved this, but I figure I should post a review as I'm going through the rest of the entries. You had me nervous, since I wasn't sure E was going to end up alone or not. God, Carlisle was such a douchebag! Haha. I'm so happy things turned out the way they did. I want them to be happy together forever. *sniff*

So emotional and beautifully done. Thank you!
mrsbeas chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
This was really great - Edward's journey was so emotional that I never really thought about what was happening with Jasper until finding out about his own difficult path, in a more physical sense, toward the end. Of course, I assumed that the opening words were going to apply at the end of the story, so I was very happy to find an HEA! Wonderful job!
MySlashyFriend chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
This is lovely. I particularly like how you've used the title with both relationships. Wonderful.

Good luck!
Melooza chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
I so hurt for Edward in this. I wanted him and Carlisle to work so badly. *sigh*

I am glad that he and Jasper got their HEA tho.

Well done bb. :)
shoefreak37 chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Gah, what a great tale you've written here!

Such a variety of emotions in this one with a constant undertone of longing. So good. I feel kind of heartachy right now but very happy with the ending.

Extremely well done!