Reviews for You an' Me Against the World
alexiarrose chapter 19 . 12/18/2011
As fun as it is to see Maggie get hers, it's so much more satisfying to see Joyce get HERS. I love her, but she is the freakin' empress of denial. Always bugged me that she doesn't really get it until just before she's gone. I much prefer your route - it honors her weaknesses and strengths, and allows her to act with grace. Bravo.
ginar369 chapter 19 . 12/18/2011
They really didn't get it. She woke up and the only person she saw or remembered was Spike. Everyone else is a stranger. Giles and Willow got it at least partially. Separating them is a bad idea. They only know each other. It hasn't been that long since the memory wipe thing.

They are finally starting to understand. Buffy and Spike woke up in a world they didn't recognize and to people they didn't know. They were lied to at first about who and what they were. The only people who didn't lie to them were each other. They are both having dreams of their past and it is confusing and scary and only they understand that. Everyone else is still treating them as if they are who they were. There not anymore and even if all their memories come back they wont be those people anymore. Joyce needed to understand her daughter is gone, lost and to take away even just the comfort of Spike next to her when she sleeps is traumatic for her. He is her only connection to the world right now. The only thing keeping her sane and in the now. Otherwise she would have probably run away and never come back. Because she didn't know anything about anything, two people lost together.

And did Giles and Joyce decide to maybe start dating? Was that what I caught at the end?
MMWillow13 chapter 19 . 12/18/2011
Thank you for the dedication. I adore the heartfelt speech by Buffy! All to often we do forget that sometimes the most difficult thing we have to do is live up to other peoples expectations when our own fears and mortality are choking us alive and on one level we're afraid they'll kill us and on another we're terrified that they won't. Having the group realize the true overwhelming aspect of Buffy's survival and the life she's expected us to live through or die for.
FanficFemale chapter 19 . 12/17/2011
Short but very sweet at the end. I hope the Scoobies can all start over. Looking forward to more.
lil-leti chapter 18 . 11/28/2011
All I can say outside of Maggie finally gave in... WELL PLAYED BUFFY WELL PLAYED... She had Travers on the ropes and I just loved it.
MMWillow13 chapter 18 . 11/27/2011
Bloody hell this story is brilliant! I adore this so very much I can't even explain it!
Sweet-T3 chapter 18 . 11/26/2011
AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHH! What a cliff hanger! I can see it all coming together ... So put down the thanksgiving turkey and get to work! snaps the whip 2 times :D Its coming together nicely, and although we know the gentlemen are coming, I like that we don't really know how u will end the story. Sigh... Guess I should go do laundry now since I have nothing else to read :( keep up the great work, no really, pretty please...
MMWillow13 chapter 2 . 11/24/2011
OMG I LOVE ANYA and the shower conversation!
Sweet-T3 chapter 14 . 11/24/2011
Loving this story! Very interesting plot premise! Really enjoyed the way you brought all the characters in, very true to their on screen voices. Especially love Anya, lol, that one is a hoot! My only small critique, is that I'm seeing a lot of typos, missing words, words out of sequence in a sentence. I started seeing it more in the last few chapters so I felt I should point it out. If I were grading papers, you get an "A" for idea and plot development, but you lose some points for the structural errors. Most people probably speed read and barely notice, but since I love to read and I thoroughly enjoy your stories, I read every word, often times re-reading passages. Guess I missed my calling as a proof-reader. ;) but I hope you don't see this feedback as flames, just honest sincere appreciation of your art and wanting it to be the best!
AnotherGuiltyPleasure chapter 14 . 11/23/2011
This is one of the best, if not he best, Joyces I've ever read. She has background, a well developed personality which fits with the characters's at this point of the series, and you make her strong and vulnerable. I like this Joyce a lot more than the too sweet and compassionate moms of another fics.

But I like your whole fic. Although I'm expecting some more action time, in a non-sexual way.

Congratulations!
FanficFemale chapter 18 . 11/22/2011
Love how things are building up. The wasy Buffy got her job back was just priceless! I enjoyed this chapter and can't wait for more to come.
ginar369 chapter 18 . 11/22/2011
This chapter was awesome! I loved it. I knew Maggie would give in, oh she can talk the talk but she couldn't take it. Too bad she didn't learn her lesson. She still thinks she is better, more worthy than the demons she experimented on. Well at least her career is over! The military will probably ship her off to a nice little prison and she can't operate any more.

Go Buffy, good negotiating skills, she had Travers really flustered, he was sweating in his tweed.

Angel's humanity seems to be slipping a little more. I could actually see that smile on his face. Not a happy smile, that was a creepy scary smile.
Searching-For-My-Reason chapter 17 . 11/19/2011
McPastey chapter 17 . 11/18/2011
That was sooo cute! Thank you!
LithiumReaper chapter 17 . 11/18/2011
I'm having a wheeee moment! Thusly I'm unable to complete a proper review because my heart just stopped due to awesome chapter-ness
310 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 .. Last Next »