Reviews for You an' Me Against the World
Guest chapter 25 . 7/10/2012
So well done, as always! I LOVE your descriptions of The Gentlemen. Just as frightening as they were on the show!
Sirius120 chapter 25 . 7/11/2012
Great chapter! "Hush" is, to me, the absolute creepiest episode b/c of the Gents. I even had a hard time reading this in text! But it was definitely worth the effort. I was impressed by your characterization of Riley in this chapter. He really got it in this story, that things are not black and white, that love has no boundaries. Now maybe Angel will get it too!
ginar369 chapter 25 . 7/11/2012
I'm impressed! Riley actually protected Spike. Hell must have froze over! :D I am surprisingly starting to feel bad for Angel. Doesn't mean I didn't love the verbal smack down Giles delivered. I don't like him but his whole world is tilting off its axis and he seems to be losing himself. I always hated the hold he had over Buffy so I'm glad its gone. But I hope he can find a new purpose to carry on the good fight.

Joyce and Giles are getting friendly. Hopefully Joyce can (when she recovers from this shock) keep the others from taking over Buffy's life.

I knew Spike had amazing control. More than Angel ever had. I mean Angel vamped the first time he kissed her. If it had been Angel just then I think he might have drained her when those memories came back at that moment. It shows the difference between the two.
The Three March Hares chapter 25 . 7/10/2012
Ugh! The Gentlemen still are my number one most creepy crawlies in my book (shudder). But the post battle *recovery* more than made up for the relived horror. Can't wait for the next chapter-keep writing, you beautiful thing, you!
cavemenftw chapter 25 . 7/10/2012
Very sweet, the love was felt all around, except Angel, poor Angel.
It was good to see Buffys purpose coming back a little more, maybe all the way? She has been scared and confused through most of this story, so to see her not just reacting with determination, but actively using consciously what is innately in her, felt like a great thing.

And look at that, Spike remembered the love of the fight.

Great chapter all around, even Riley got in on the action.
alexiarrose chapter 25 . 7/10/2012
"You're ... my alive." Damn I just love these two. How the hell can people write Buffy/Angel? How, I ask? Might as well write Buffy/Parker. (Yeah, OK, so that was a bit mean.) I know this is a complex story for you to tease out, but you're doing a marvelous job. Loved the Giles/Ripper rant too. And it was nice to see Joyce was listening. That being said, please tell me ff is not stupid enough to want to pull your stories! I know they're a little closer to MA than M, according to the definitions, but that's true of a lot of "M" writers. The PTB need to get over it and leave work this good alone. Your racier scenes are arguably the most plot-driven, and fit the story so well, of any here. If you are forced to change the stories, please do post these versions elsewhere. I'd hate to lose them altogether. And I don't think I'm alone there.
cavemenftw chapter 24 . 7/10/2012
Loving this.

Angel and Cordys scene was marvelous and so so touching. You captured Cordelia just right I think, and I am very much enjoying angels struggle. I also find myself rooting for him, and I dont think I care which path he takes, I'm prepared to lime either the redeemed or dammed path.

The funny of the staking motion scene is kept In Tact here as well, and I loved the addition of Anya pointing to the loft.

Willow sticking her hand up during these scenes always tickled my funny bone a little because she always kept the air of teachers pet while doing it. I dug the inclusion of that little detail.

And of course Buffy and Spike. There's such a sweetness and innocence involved thanks to the mind wipe. Watching/reading as they deal with snippets of recovers memories has been a joy. The ice skating snippet, seriously satisfying.

Thanks for all the hard work.
alexiarrose chapter 24 . 7/9/2012
Nice setup chapter. Really like the idea of magically "hacking" evil - ties Willow's worlds together, which is something the show really needed to do. Helps to keep her stitched together better. But, dear, you left out Giles' questionable drawing skills. ;)
ginar369 chapter 24 . 7/9/2012
Hopefully Buffy and Spike wont meet up with Riley and company. I can't see that going well. Unless his partner realizes that they are helping. Angel is slipping away little by little. I hope Cordy can pull him back. She seems to be able to get through to him. At least she came prepared with crosses, stakes and holy water!

Did Xander just grow up? I think he had an epiphany of some sort. Or it just really sank in. To keep Buffy Spike is part of the deal.
DLillith21 chapter 24 . 7/8/2012
Great job making Hush work in type, in fact you gave them more words written down than in the show which was better. I really like the Cordelia and Angel conversation, it gave a softer, kinder, more tortured side to him. Cordelia really is his friend. Love her snark and attitude. :)
The Three March Hares chapter 24 . 7/8/2012
Love it! I've got to say that the telepathy thing with Spike and Buffy is a nice twist.
Rosalea12 chapter 23 . 7/3/2012
Love Spike's idea on how to make her scream! Hehe. More please!
evelynfergusons chapter 23 . 7/1/2012
Oh, SP...I've been reading your stories all month. And I am hopelessly in love with them. I was planning on writing a mushy fan letter after I finished them all, but had to tell you how much I'm loving this story. Your writing is well-crafted, with a great plot, lovely characterization and super steamy sex. Well done. Can't wait to see what else you have in store for us. xoef
The Three March Hares chapter 23 . 6/23/2012
Wow! May I just say that you are now one of my favorote authors. But am I going to be correct in saying that after Spuffy and co. defeat these baddies that Angel may become the next threat?
CailinRua chapter 23 . 6/5/2012
This story has every character just the way that I like them: evil Maggie Walsh, Riley losing out to Spike, Angel dark but not Angelus, cute little Willow (with a voice that is SO Willow), disapproving Xander, and an anti-Spike Giles who slowly comes around because he loves Buffy. Plus, Buffy and Spike getting it on. So, I would have said "great story." But that phone call with Angel and Giles? So much beyond "great." That was just pure wonderful, especially when Angel asked a "why" question, and Giles just banged the phone in response. So, upgraded from "great" to "awesome." Awesome story. And I know that I'm not exactly alone in this, but Hush has always been one of my all-time favorite episodes. So, hurray for the Gentlemen!
313 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »