Reviews for The Pain in the Past
Shoebox12 chapter 1 . 10/27/2013
Great story, you captured the characters pretty well! I'm definitely going to continue reading! Your are a wonderful writer!
Ondiac chapter 29 . 1/14/2013
Loved this story! I'd love to read a sequel someday. Please continue to write! :)
del1 chapter 29 . 1/4/2013
Ok so this won't be my usual epic pbp type of review (note modesty) but that's only because I just read all 29 chapters in one sitting basically. But I did want to let you know that I found this story to be completely fucking awesome. Actually the main thing that I cannot praise you enough for is how well you know the characters and how true you stayed to their personalities. Every single word, every single action was something I could totally hear or see that character saying or doing. The other thing I wanted to make you aware of was how much the relationship between Booth and Parker touched me. Booth breaking down when he finds out about Parker is one of the most heartbreaking scenes I've ever read in any fanfic, it was awesome. Definitely got misty eyed. This story was just so well written from beginning to end. I'm sure I'll be reading it again in the future.
delia84 chapter 8 . 11/9/2012
I love your "I get mad and I do stupid things like shoot clowns and threaten people" line.
erniebeth chapter 29 . 11/7/2012
Loved it! Wished it was longer and had more smut. But I still absolutely loved it! Great job!
jazzyproz chapter 6 . 10/29/2012
I feel SO bad for Booth...He's dealing with all this, essentially by himself. I'm sure he and Rebecca talk, but it's taking a toll on him and it's heart-breaking. And he wants to be with Bones, he wants to reconcile with her... Is she home to even contact at this point?
jazzyproz chapter 5 . 10/26/2012
AHHHHHH My heart goes out to Brennan trying to write Booth a letter. All her memories... I want to cry! Emotional Brennan is so heart-wrenching
jazzyproz chapter 5 . 10/14/2012
Poor Angela, she is so emotional right now with her own hormones raging, and now her best friend is leaving them...
And OH GOD, Bren trying to figure out what to write to Booth... My heart aches for her... and for him when he reads it. He probably won't get it until she's long gone, right? WAH WAH I am almost in tears...

OK, so "She remembered his heart." NOW I AM in tears! Don't leave, Bren! Turn around and go call him. Leave the airport NOW! Immediately!
jazzyproz chapter 4 . 10/14/2012
Awww... Parker loves Bones so much, he wants her to come with him and his Dad... But Booth is SO pig-headed sometimes!
OMG... just OMG... bone cancer? Parker!? And they kept it from Booth!? I can see why he'd so pissed, but on the other hand, I know why they kept it from him. But... OH I LOVE PARKER! Poor kid.
Thank you for the A/N. To know someone who was actually afflicted with the disease makes it to much more real. I don't blame you for the plug, I hope it helps their cause, I know I am going to look into it.
jazzyproz chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
I like that you switch POVs and let us see what's going on through the other's eyes. But, really, Booth doesn't mean it, right!? RIGHT!? Why wouldn't Rebecca let Booth see Parker? What does Brennan know that Booth doesn't? My stomach is in knots at this point in the story, because I love B&B together so much that I hate to see them fighting.
(OK, I know these are only characters - not real people, but doesn't feel like we know these folks!?)
jazzyproz chapter 2 . 10/14/2012
OK, so like I said, 1 back log of reviews deserves another! :) I read your story very early in my discovery of FF, so I don't think I reviwed at all... I don't even think I had a user id at that point. So, on this chapter I loved how Booth stuck up for Brennan at Sid's when a guy was hitting on her; he really wants her to see how he feels, but she just refuses, doesn't she!?
I felt bad, though, when Bren called his jokes stupid. I felt bad for Booth because he tries so hard.
And WOW, why did Brennan have to go and bring up Hannah!? C'mon Bren, you should know better!
MAN, Booth is mad at Brennan for something, but WHAT?! I don't think I've ever seen him be so mad at her! Is he breaking up their partnership? NOOOOO they're GREAT together, don't let him break it off!
OK, so on to chapter 3 to see WTH!
Rangers042376 chapter 5 . 10/14/2012
Awww, I hate when Brennan runs away. I have to assume that Booth will not think well of this developement. I'm really curious as to what she wrote to him before getting on the plane.
Rangers042376 chapter 4 . 10/14/2012
OMG! That is so sad :-( I love Parker and his relationship with Booth. I can't wait to read on.
jazzyproz chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
OK chic, one good back log of reviews deserves another! ;)
I think you captured Brennan's sometimes-faulty logic to a T. I LOVED that she moved the first aid kit to her underwear drawer. I laughed out loud at that!
And I can TOTALLY see Booth kissing her 'boo boo' to make it all better. ;)
I will now continue!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
For your first story, you nailed their personalities - especially Bones'. :)