Reviews for The God Particle
tatewaki2000 chapter 32 . 7/14/2012
FANTASTIC!
Your BEST chapter in a long while. :)

Written superbly! And hoofs down the BEST POSSIBLE THING EVARRR!
Omnicron25 chapter 32 . 7/14/2012
An excellent chapter! The interactions proceeded flawlessly and I enjoyed how you explained the reason on the exact reasoning of why: 1.) The oath cannot be negated, much to Celestia and Twilight's torment, and 2.) Why he cannot be sent home due to the Solar and Lunar source. I have regained some of my respect for James again though. I think he handled the exchange very well. Again excellent work and you have improved emencely since you first started. I will enjoy seeing the next chapter and will look through your other chapters on deviantART during the wait.

On a side note, I also applaud the way you handled the personalities you have developed during this stressful exchange. Anyway, may you have the best luck in your ventures.
Omnicron25 chapter 31 . 7/13/2012
I must say I am quite impressed with this story and your writing style. The story has made many twist and turns that I can honestly say I never saw coming, especially involving the entire Canterlot-based story. I enjoy how you incorporate Equestrian culture, arts, magic, and science into the entire whole of the story and how your OC, James, interacts with them. The ponies, even the majority of the background characters, are well developed and actually have personalities, which I enjoy immensely. The are a few filler parts that do seem to drag on, but you do seem to incorporate those parts as part of character development and the story as a whole. I am also intrigued on how you are developing the history, culture, government, and geography of Equestria. I find those portions extremely well done even since you have little to go on, especially regarding the culture of regions outside of Ponyville and the inner circles of the governmental structure.
On a personal note, I also am extremely interested on the subject of why James's original beliefs are supplanted so easily. Other than the divine influence of the Royal Sisters and the friends he makes, I just do not see how twenty- seven years of experience in democratic-capitalist human culture can be washed away so quickly. Is it part of his way of copes with his loss of his previous life in Chicago? Twilight is right to worry about him changing so quickly in my opinion, but she is trying to solve it the wrong way too, again in my opinion. I do like how you develop James though besides that one quirk which I'm sure will be explained soon seeing as how this chapter ended. Also, I also applaud you on how you have developed the Royal Sisters as main characters, especially Princess Luna.
Anyway, I greatly look forward to the next chapter and you have my praise on excellent story telling, character development, grammar/spelling (though there are minor flaws), and just excellent writing overall. Look forward to the next chapter.
The Mad shoe1 chapter 31 . 7/11/2012
Loved all the new chapters, i just can't wait to see what will happen next!
Ryousanki chapter 1 . 7/8/2012
This is one cool story, thats for bucking sure! I had loads of fun reading this on my eReader while travelling and i'd like to read a lot more of this wonderfull fic. The inlaid scientific facts and the innovative story really had me hooked.
Keep it up, you rock!

Ryousanki
angelus288 chapter 31 . 7/7/2012
That was on hell of a cliffhanger.

I thought that James decision to join the council was going to bit him in the ass. Also, why didn't he ask Twilight on advice before? You think he would talk to her about joining the royal council before making his decision seeing that he did it with Theory Point and the colonel. Here's hoping she calls him out on him transforming from the cynical and nonconformist scientist, which I miss, to the submissive and tame council member.
thefluffyone93 chapter 31 . 7/6/2012
HOLY SHEEEEEEET.
IT HAS HIT THE FAN.
HE DUN GOOFED.

And for some reason, I think he deserves it.
Make the final step to cut connections with humanity,
and fate goes and reveals a way home.
Too bad about that oath, huh?
lelcar chapter 31 . 7/5/2012
Its seems James new membership into the Council has done little to raise his sex-appeal with the mares he knows (nice bitchslap from Twilight, nevertheless :)).

Anyway, Im a bit dissapointed how easily they jump into the conclussion, from the six billions humans from Earth, Eric is the next one who is gonna be involved into Equestrias affairs). Even if they guessed they way from Earth to Equestria involves somekind of weird quantic experiment, that should not be enough to think so quickly in James old buddy.
Bekasaurus Rekt chapter 31 . 7/5/2012
First off, when I saw that this story had been updated, I looked like a kid on Christmas morning.

As always, your writing is great and despite the amount of writing and time you've spent on the story, it only gets better.

Nice cliffhanger by the way. :)

Excited for Chapter 32.
Guest chapter 30 . 7/3/2012
So James accepted Celestia's offer, I'm not surprised and disappointed. I wouldn't have done the same. Princess Celestia said he's not going to be a slave, but it sounds like it. You can't leave the castle with out permission from the Princess and even then you need to tell her where you're going and how long you are going to be, you have to be at her beck and call at all times and the position is for life, no quitting, no resigning and no retiring. I'm with lelcar and dch448, I'm really missing the cynical and nonconformist scientist from the beginning of the story and I'm really disliking how he is becoming as lelcar put it, submissive and tame. I really hope Twilight calls him out on this.
dch448 chapter 30 . 7/2/2012
Not gonna lie here. I don't really like the story. I'm drawn into it and can't stop reading but I dislike it. Especially ur character. Don't get me wrong, back when he was argumentative I luved him. Now it just seems like he's only to eager to give up more and more of himself to the princesses. His personality did a complete 180. And I really don't like what he is now. I can't stop reading... But I dislike how it's going.

P.S. I luv the idea behind it though. Putting an intillectual into equestria instead of the normal athletes? Luv that.
Guest chapter 30 . 7/2/2012
Even though I didn't like how he took the princesses offer, I now think that it was the right way to go. And I'm almost glad he took it. Good job on the ceremony too.
Major Simi chapter 30 . 7/1/2012
well looks like he choose the right side, great chapter, well done
Major Simi chapter 29 . 7/1/2012
well looks like someone else is about to be transported to equestria while James is still thinking hard about the proposal which is a very interesting thing. good chapter, well done
Foulshot17 chapter 30 . 6/30/2012
I didn't like chapter 30 as much as the rest of the story. I was disappointed that he took the princesses offer.
435 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »