Reviews for A Guiding Hand: 'A Slap in the Face'
Thatx1xchick chapter 1 . 5/12/2013
You know after I read this I watched the show and I'm so glad I did. I love that show! Thank you so much. :)
oldtime chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
another good one
Just-Met-A-Girl-Named-Maria chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Great story! Loved how Matthew broke down seeing her bruised cheek. So good!
Liz86000 chapter 1 . 9/1/2012
Well, I for one don't think hitting children will make them understand their mistakes. It will make them fear you, and understand that it's the one who hits the hardest who is respected, which is a bad message.
Now, that said... I must say that with Matthew punching Sully (after hitting Dr Mike), well... I could see Sully hitting him. After all, we are all human. But I think it's what Sully said that worked on Matthew, not the violence.
LenniluvsBrian chapter 1 . 10/4/2011
He SO deserved worse than what he got! Lol.

Great fic!

~Lenni~
patbor chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
I thought you had their characters down pretty good. I always wondered why they didn't lay the law down or have Sully get into it more with Matthew. I thought TPTB let Matthew grow up way to fast. (The powers that be)
Kat A. Fonell chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
great
Ketterly chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I really liked this! Love Sully as a father figure. Hoping the third installment is with Brian! There were plenty of times that he could have used a little tough love.
IMSLES chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
Matthew learned a lesson on being a man, even while being treated like a 'boy'. Seeing the errors in his actions, words and decisions is a giant step in growing up.

~~Sue
TwilightGuru09 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I really enjoyed your story. I agree that Sully seems like he would have done a little more 'guiding' with the boys at least. It was really sweet when he saw his Ma's face how broken up poor Matther was. This was one of my most favorite series so i really enjoyed it. Good job Jamie!
BobWhite chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
good story. Try not using 'yaw' so much, they didn't use that word back then. I mean i know i use a bunch of words that weren't used back then, but that's bc i have brain farts in the middle of writing stories and adlib a bunch of words from this day and age to that day and age
SkyBear chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I dont think they are out of character at all. I belive that Sully did spank one of the boys, Brian I think in one episode, Cant tell you wich one though. This was a great one, cant wait to see what you come up with next.
poohbear123 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
great story
supergirl3684 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I'm so totaly with you! I started to re-watch the show on my comp before it fried and there were definatly times, especially with Matthew that it looked liked Sully wanted to smack them a good one.

Great story! I can't wait for more!
ficwriterjet chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
I only saw a couple of episodes of this show, but I saw enough to know who the characters are. I enjoyed your story a lot. My favorite part was Matthew seeing the bruise on his mother's face, and breaking down into tears. I also liked that Sully stopped the spanking as soon as Matthew said he was sorry, knowing he'd gotten the lesson across. Thanks for sharing.