Reviews for Act of Consecration
NJHarris chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
'Kick Ass' is definitely Dave's "first, best destiny". Over time Dave is simply the mask he wears when he's not in costume, the same goes for Mindy. Kick Ass and Hit Girl are who they've become, their true identities. Without their identities they would never have met, most of all, they would never have fallen in love. Though there are the dangers and hardships of wearing the mask, the good things, the rewards, far outweigh those dangers. Dave and Mindy's relationship is the greatest reward these two have received by becoming the greatest costumed heroes in NYC.
This is a fantastic short! Dave reflecting on how far he's come since donning the mask, makes for a great read. The fact he's already proposed to Mindy, was perfect. There was no other girl on earth who he needs more in his life. These two, in the context of your stories, are a perfect match.
Having still not named "The Mistmobile" is the best way to keep it. It remains a trophy of taking down the D'Amico Crime Organisation, and everytime people see it they're reminded of just who Kick Ass and Hit Girl were able to take down.
Dave Lizewski chapter 1 . 11/9/2013
Loved it! Fantastic Job! Especially the ring moment it brought a warm smile to my face.
KrRcksMySx chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
I really like this story, you've put a lot of detail into the description of Dave's gear, but still kept it entertaining and thoughtful. Plus the ending's pretty great too!
redheadkim chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
This was cute. I love that Dave gave Mindy his mother ring. Great one shot!
The Dark Eccentric chapter 1 . 1/13/2013
Good story. With a job like that, I can imagine their would be some solemnity in suiting up. The same problem goes for police officers. Though maybe not "quite" so much. No mask for one. Yu don't become a different person.
Hmm, since you love reviews so much I suppose I'll go back and review "Crazy Prepared".
JMCracer chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Finally we see a reflection on the past from Dave.
Vanirgii chapter 1 . 12/27/2011
That's beautiful, but not in the lame way, I'm talking about the kind that's extremely awesome(:
Stygian Styx chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Well done.
verkisto chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Cool. Lots of great ideas in here. Good atmosphere. Cheers! ;-)
Lizewski chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I too am a fan of exploring who these people are when they grow up. I really like how you take the ceremonial task of changing identities as a simple gaze into their lives seven years later. The details are hinted at and fleshed out just enough that it teases the mind to fill in the gaps. Dave becoming such a serious and somewhat dark crime fighter is an interesting take on the character.
Makokam chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Fun little story.

It sure is an interesting look at putting on the costume. I think I've seen similar things in other movie... actually, it kind of reminds me of the scene where Damon is putting on his costume, actually.

Anyway, it's cute that Mindy keeps "forgetting" to take the ring off. I think she probably just doesn't want to. lol

Makokam out.
virus-of-blossoms chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I loved this. I always wanted Mindy and Dave to be together in the future too!
DavidZahir chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
A very nice little vignette. Found myself wondering about the rest of this 'world' so much like our own but with costumed vigilantes.
DangerousBeauty84 chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Loved it, loved it, loved it.

It was different, but very interesting nonetheless

It was cool getting into Dave's mind..I especially LOVE the ending and the fact that he proposed to her and of course all the details about how his costume is more improved now was also fun to read.
RobGill chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
"Dave's dad, Casimir Lizewski, after learning of his son's costumed activities, had found himself attending Sunday Mass more and more regularly. In time Dave started joining him"

Very profound impact this persona has had on him, psychologically. I didn't stop to think how continuing the good fight indefinitely might affect him spiritually, i.e., making his activities more of a religious crusade.

Upgrading the suit definitely helps (the fact that he survived as long as he did makes him lucky, nothing more), although I can't help, but recall, what Detective Gordon (in Batman Begins) said about 'escalation' in the war on crime; that as one upgrades the weapons and crime-fighting styles, the criminal world, likewise, adjusts. Does this mean that we can expect the criminals of the KA universe, 7 years later, to be even more outrageous, or dangerous?

Also, what does Mindy's future costume look like, as the one she started with was definitely a child's outfit?

"It had only been a few weeks since Dave had proposed to her and she was still getting used to wearing the ring."

Suddenly, the words "until death do us part" take on more ominous implications, given their line of work.

Aaaand...your reference to the Santa Claus chapters reminds me that I need to review them one day. All in due time...