Reviews for Blossoms and Shadows
Heine chapter 4 . 11/26/2014
This was great all of your one shits were sweet and funny keep it up and if you could please continue this sometime! Amazing job and work! :)
MoonClaimed chapter 1 . 10/18/2011
I like the way you wrote Tomoe, and the way you had her thoughts flow. And the image of Kenshin flailing around in geta and a kimono is pretty hilarious. :D
MoonClaimed chapter 2 . 10/18/2011
The idea of Kaoru being angry at her father for "lying" about the Battousai is heartbreaking. But then she figured it out so it's all good. ;)

Speaking of which, I like the idea of Kenshin and Koshijirou knowing each other. I also really like the way you write the Kaoru and Kenshin's interactions.

And the police officers' reactions! Loved it!
MoonClaimed chapter 3 . 10/18/2011
I think this was my favorite chapter. And considering you left questions at the end, I'm assuming you're going back to it? I really hope you do! D

This was also the chapter where I realized the story was KenshinXKaoru anyway (must have missed that in the summary). And I can only say: AWESOME. Those two just belong together. :D

And finding out about what had happened to Kenshin in this way was very creative. I've never seen anything like this done before, and not only did I like the concept but you pulled it off very well! And your description of the photo at the end was just wonderful.

And your OCs were great. I wanna find out more about Tokiko's husband!
MoonClaimed chapter 4 . 10/18/2011
Okay, let me be blunt: I wasn't expecting much from this story. The idea of fem!Kenshin had me leery and the summary (again, blunt) didn't really help. But it looked kinda interesting so I checked it out anyway.

And WOW am I glad I did. This is an all together beautiful story and I really enjoyed reading it. Amazing work.

The whole paragraph about it not mattering if Kenshin could win with the sakabatou or not, not mattering because it was the sword she was going to use anyway was great. And I loved the change of Kaoru putting the ribbon in Kenshin's hair instead of him just taking it into battle. It actually makes me think of the pilot Rurouni Kenshin chapter where he wears a girl's ribbon (leaving the girl in question very confused). It was in either the first or third volume...never mind.

Anyway, I really want to see Sano's reaction when he finds out Kenshin is a woman! Wait. I want to see SAITOU'S. XD

And now I am going back to review the other chapters in detail instead of putting it all here because this story deserves the reviews.
Sakuya Kaleido chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
o my gosh this pairing is truly rare...but i like how you write...:)
LadyRhiyana chapter 4 . 8/18/2011
You write fem!Kenshin without sacrificing one bit of his/her character, and your Kenshin/Kaoru interaction is possibly amongst the most beautiful I've ever read. I'm so glad I stumbled across this story.
LadyRhiyana chapter 3 . 8/18/2011
I love stories of Kenshin's modern-day descendents tracing their past history. This one-shot hits all of those points. Tokiko's description of Kenshin's joys and griefs, especially when examining the photo at the end, was particularly poignant.
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
This is a beautiful, very visual one-shot. I can just see the sunset light, Tomoe's dark solemn eyes watching Kenshin struggle to walk, putting out a shy hand to help. Thank you for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
I do believe this is the most authentic and well written gender-bend that I've read. You are able to take Kenshin and bring out the feminine side you'd see if he were female, but not bring him out of character. I look forward to another chapter.
Vampirieangel chapter 2 . 8/12/2011
funny reactions. though i have to wonder does saitou know?
Jaded Scorpio chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I too have lamented the lack of Fem!Kenshin fics. This is far too short! I enjoyed Tomoe's thoughts and inner voice. I'm going to check out the rest of your stories now :)