Reviews for One by One
Call Me Bessie chapter 33 . 2/7
I love how you've made this series so that every iteration affects something and changes the future in small ways- Sirius's life saving Tonks and Remus and putting the shield charm on the locket to save Hermione's, which affects the next time around, etc- it's a very fresh take on the back-in-time idea. It's also very realistic - I think that this version of Hermione, who is too terrified to dare changing the timeline, is very realistic. She seems practically bathed in terror, so scared she can barely think - which keeps her away from the conclusion that the timeline can go screw itself until an overload of fear finally snaps her out of it. This seems an accurate way to portray her in this situation, and I love how flawed and ultimately *human* it makes her; not the intelligent superhero, but someone way out of her depth who can't keep from making terrible mistakes and feeling the guilt that comes with it.
In short, this is an excellent story you've written!
amysibbo chapter 33 . 2/6
I've just binge read Before The Dawn and this, and you've successfully managed to completely tear my heart to pieces to the point I was crying, and somehow sew it back together. I love this so much. Well done!
Maida chapter 33 . 11/8/2016
A few years too late, I am, but this is just to say that both this gem and its predecessor are two of the best stories I've ever read in my life - especially with regard to this ship, which is many a time portrayed in an extremely creepy way. You've done justice to an amazing storyline, and I don't think I have the words to describe how much I loved this fic. Amazing, just amazing.
TheBookImaginarium chapter 33 . 8/28/2016
SWEET RELIEF! I'm so happy that there was a happy ending after all. This time my fierce hoping and nail biting paid off! As always, it was a pleasure reading your writing and I enjoyed every second of it, even the miserable ones because Sirius and Hermione could not catch a break most of the time!

Did you intend to do this seprequel all along? Or were you just as crushed as your readers, including myself, after the ending of Before the Dawn? Either way, I'm so happy you wrote this because I absolutely adore your writing, especially the way you portray Hermione/Sirius.
whirligigkat chapter 33 . 8/25/2016
Ah, a surprise ending! Thanks for this, adored both stories- and was waiting in trepidation for her to die again, and Lo and behold! Lovely writing, keep up the good work!
arizonadaydreamer chapter 33 . 6/23/2016
Thank you so much for this ending. Between the 2 stories here my heart definitely needed it! Just a truly beautiful piece.
Guest chapter 33 . 6/17/2016
You are an incredible author. I'm in awe of this story. Thank you!
wolfstars chapter 33 . 5/14/2016
Brilliant ending.
desnoir chapter 33 . 2/19/2016
Marathoned through Before the Dawn and One by One in two days, and it's been an emotional but satisfying ride.

Definitely some rough, long years for everyone involved, but it was great to see the minor (if you can call saving someone's life minor) changes each time around, what with Sirius taking extra care with the locket the second time, and Hermione saving an extra life for each go around.

And it was so satisfying when they - finally! - got their happy ending.
rosesnblueberries chapter 33 . 1/4/2016
Aaaaahh! Thank Merlin for happy endings! And time-travel, because the second chance at a happy ending wouldn't be possible without it! I'm so happy right now! Brilliant story!
Belle of Books chapter 33 . 9/24/2015
oh i feel so much better now! This is delightful and heartbreaking at moments, and the ending is so wonderfully satisfying. Thank you for writing this ending. I love your writing so much, and this two-part series is absolutely wonderful. Thank you.
daniella2cool chapter 33 . 4/28/2015
Love this fic!
AllyrianFlame chapter 33 . 2/27/2015
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THAT BEAUTIFUL ENDING. Usually I absolutely hate paradoxes bc they get all jumbled up in my brain and don't make sense but I can easily get this one sorted out in my brain. Really, I was so sad when reading Break of Dawn and didn't really expect a happy ending to this one though I did have a bit of hope. Thank you for recommending me to read this sequel and thank you for writing the amazingness that this is. Now I can smile happily whenever I think of this fic instead of desperately crying :')
Serenity Blossom chapter 33 . 7/18/2014
What an epic story. So relieved to see them finally together!
The Dark One Rising chapter 33 . 6/5/2014
It's that one lottle change that makes all the difference. Did Collin die? What happwnes to Snape and Malfoy?