Reviews for Tortured Soul
Son Goshen chapter 2 . 9/3/2011
gue22, you just gave me a gigantic urge to kill Videl. She's acting so infuriating, and the government wants to kill the guy who saved the world. Honestly, what the heck got into their minds? Great chapter, I await the next.
r chapter 2 . 9/3/2011
a lot better than first chapter...

keep it up...
ZeoUnit chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
The story looks really interesting the way story is starting it self is nicely made. Must admit there some stuff that kinda are not in favor on her plan... I mean... He can survive a lot more dangerus stuff then poison, knife and certainly not bullets. XD

The Videl in this story look very interesting and kinda... can't say dark but aomething on that line and it looks good from some point of view .

The Gohan in this story looks just like the Gohan shiuld be with Chichi as his mother, good and honest and more then with few friends of his age so good job there.

The chapter so far looks pretty good and the concept of the story looks awesome the only thing that is kinda sad is that it looks like the story will not have happy ending, the story is mark as adventure & angst and what can i say i like to see them together at the end but it looks like that will not happend here, other then that everything looks good.

Hope to see new chapter really soon so good luck and good writting from ZeoUnit
ion chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
I think you've got a great beginning here. I particularly love how you showed Gohan having grown up just as ChiChi wanted-and it wasn't exactly as she wanted, she realizes, when he's been so repressed and obedient and goal-oriented that his life's a bit hollow without him even understanding it. But still Gohan, who isn't afraid to do the right thing, and I love his maturity and how he's decided to use his powers against the people making weapons with his uranium rather than having turned into a wimpy human who would've tried to wade through paperwork and get the police to handle it. He's also not so over-the-top good-natured that it seems ridiculous that a government could be worried about what a very intelligent young man with extraordinary abilities and strength could do. Granted, I'm not sure how legally government-sanctioned Videl's kill order for the Delivery Boy is, but it makes sense.

Love the hints at how Videl grew into the woman you've shown us. Really, she was just too cocky and jumped into situations Saiyaman had to save her from in canon, but without him there she would've eventually had to learn a harsh lesson and that definitely would've changed her. Wicked description of her interrogation of Yamcha, and I really liked that you didn't make him a wimp, because he is one of the most powerful humans on the planet and of course he wouldn't be as scared as Videl might've wanted. Not a big fan of Yamcha, either, but I think it fit his personality for the innuendos and remarks that annoyed Videl so much. The drug makes a lot of sense against him, but I wonder if half-human biology would be as susceptible, or if Gohan would notice Yamcha had been drugged and would be on the lookout for it. Despite what she's doing, I liked the glimpse into Videl's righteousness when she approved of Yamcha and the others who were willing to go to the Cell Games and fight for the world-even if she doesn't seem to know who beat Cell. And was she just prepared to drug Yamcha as a hostage, or does she suspect the 'light tricks' and super strength were real when the Delivery Boy shows up?

Great beginning, very interesting premise, and real and flawed characters in Videl and Gohan. I look forward to seeing them interacting next chapter! Please update soon!
rallyracer1324 chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Love the new videl. Probably wrong that it turned me on but oh well keep it up
duh chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
but they had been running radiation exposure experiments on human subjects, trying to quantify how much a human body could withstand exposure before death

destory them all gohan/DB like videl could terminate super sayain
PAS-15 chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Good first chapter
sheenasalam chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
interesting. very very interesting.
animal videl chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
cool story bro!
Gamarabi chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Update this story ASAP! Great start. Really caught my attention.
DragonMasterFlex chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Yeah, the basic facts of DBZ fighting skills make this completely unrealistic. Even a rusty Yamcha is way too powerful to be taken down by Videl. Without training his power level is still in the above the hundred thousand range and Videl is around 200 at best. The concept is interesting, but Videl wouldn't even be able to put a scratch on Yamcha. You'd have been better off having her target be Master Roshi. And even then, she should still lose that fight.
Dirt McGurt chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I like it. It didn't really capture my full attention at first, but after a while, it really got me interested. Update as soon as you can!
MindyK too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I'm intrigued. Also, I think the idea of Gohan not only not getting to go to high school but wanting to go, is a good one. It's always portrayed that chichi forces him to go, whereas in the actual manga or anime I don't know if thats true. I like to think he would've wanted to go.

Also I'm sick of everyone reviewing about power levels and mess, it's fanfiction, who cares. I hate that the z warriors are so inevitable and it's much better for the plot if gohan wasn't there right away.
Mariposa chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
It was a cool flick u wrote please continue soon.
Cody545 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011