Reviews for Delicious
sneakygirl08 chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
This was so hard to read ... Because it hit so close to home (albeit in my case without the somebody who loves me part).

As the 'holder' I appreciate yours and Edward's fine words. And as a chocolate lover I object only to the German chocolate cake finale, because like Sally, I like my coconut on the side and refuse to pollute my chocolate with fruit. Nuts, toffee or caramel, though? No problem.
marigold123 chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I really liked this story and I think so many of us feel like Bella. Our perceptions of what we look like is so colored by all the skinny models and actresses we see every day. Even if you're not fat...we all feel some flaw...big nose, small eyes, bad hair... It's a journey to feel secure in one's skin.

I loved how you wrote Bella, showing she wasn't perfect in her perception of herself and her struggle with it. You said a lot in this short tale.

"And when his tongue touches mine, it feels like he's touching me everywhere, even though his hands are on my face. It tastes a bit like dark chocolate now, a bit more like lust and sin, and a bit more like perfect." I really liked the way you described this first kiss. How Bella describes the kiss like dark chocolate. Forbidden on her diet...but so irresistable.

"Bella… feel fat if you want. That's your prerogative to have your opinion on your body. I can't waltz in here and expect that with a few words and the fact that I think you are beautiful, I should be able to change what you believe. But don't tell me what I think. And don't think that what you think is what I think. Because it's not." Edward was wonderful in this. He 'sees' Bella. Edward finds Bella attractive, and he knows he can't erase what she thinks of herself, but she should believe him. I am glad that Bella is finally starting to do exactly that. Feel better about herself. Enjoyed! Thank you for writing.
arfalcon chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
Not only is this one of the sweetest (!), most complete one-shots ever, but in some alternate universe we are clearly related, because you just wrote the story of my life. I've lived that absolute dread when a man puts his hand on your waist or sees you in shorts for the first time.

I'm older now, and I know I'm not fat per se, but I've never been skinny. As my husband has commented, "Anorexia is not one of your problems." (In fairness to hubs, that comment stems from the fact that my older sister was in fact anorexic, so the comment wasn't quite as cruel as it otherwise sounds.) Luckily for me, John (hubs) is kind of like your Edward in that he's always made me feel loved despite the fact that I don't look like the models or socialites he used to date before he met me. But some of his comments over the years are truly priceless. The first time we went out was for lunch as co-workers (lawyers), he spit out a classic. After we finished, he looked at me and said, "I have never seen a girl eat a whole sandwich before." My response was "Welcome to New York," but I was dying inside. He could have used a little more of your Edward at this point in our budding relationship.

Twenty-five years of marriage and three children later, we've obviously made it work anyway. And I weigh roughly about the same. The guy who made the comment that "some girls should never wear shorts" had been dumped long before I met John. And I still look terrible in shorts.

So yeah, I loved this. I should have written a review that focused on your perfect word choices and incredible storytelling. In fact, I adored this sentence: "He kisses me softly on the cheek and it feels like brûlée, delicate and lovely and oh so sweet." But you swept me off my feet with a story that felt so personal, I had to respond in kind. You keep doing this to me! You have some crazy mad skills, sweet girl. Your writing enthralls.
nvrsrry chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I loved it. I loved that in the end her insecurities were magically solved. most of all I loved that both of them weren't perfect.
Cloudous chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
Once again, another big dose of deliciousness from You.

I love the way you portray your Edwards; all charming and considerate. While Bellas; insecure and always second guessing herself. Its all an interesting combo.

You have done a great, great job again. I thoroughly enjoyed every part of it. Keep writing!

regards,

-Rabeeta

P.S: Sending a packet of 'desi chicken biryani' all the way from Karachi )
Oh Carol chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
It was really good, awesome, like everything you write! I only wish we could read the sex, but I understand your option to not write it :)
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
That was wonderful! More true to life! I cried when she told him what was holding her back and his response was so right on. More women are like this Bella than in other FF. We all have body issues. Well done. But then I always love your stories you were one of my first ff writers!
wonderfullybedazzled chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Candie.Apple.Red chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I love, love, love it. Coming from someone who was 16, slightly overweight, very insecure, and dating a hot, buff, 21 year old... I totally understand Bella's crazy. And now, 12 years later, Me, being a slightly overweight 28 year old, married to the same hot, buff now 33 year old, I still get it. I'm always going to be uncomfortable, no matter how often my husband tells me I'm beautiful. But, as Edward said, he's entitled to think the way he thinks about me, and I'm entitled to think the way I think about me. Thank you for writing this, I love this Edward, I wish more women were as lucky as myself and your Bella. Can't wait to read more from you, I always know I'm in for a treat when a ffnet author alert pops up in my inbox for you. Thank you again. :)
Kataleena chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
This made me smile. A lot. This Edward reminds me of my hubby.
CrookedArm chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
What a lovely little story. Fabulously done, they way Edward handled helping Bella traverse her feeling fat and how severely she dislikes her body... "don't you think that what *you* think is what I think." And "he understands" and "gets it" - just how much of a risk it is for her letting him feel her body against his. As a formerly morbidly obese woman, dealing with the leftover fleshy bits, I really appreciate the perspective using my fave couple!
gracie7236 chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
So well done! Had to read it twice. Thanks for posting.
robsjenn chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
i liked it, a lot. it's complicated, this being uncomfortable in your own skin thing, and the story captures how it's not all bad days. i love that this edward is extra-skinny - because, really, imagine how skinny rob would be/is if he stopped drinking beer and didn't have a pro trainer to get him in shape for his movies! i love lanky men, like your bella.

thanks for sharing this!
Koshivuh chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
This is absolutely a story many people can relate to. I know I do. It's amazing, and I think you're amazing for posting it. Thank you :]
Valleegrl chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Wow. How many women can relate to this? Great story.
334 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »