Reviews for Delicious
Northern Light1000 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Beautiful and genuine. Thank you!
PCCTwiFF23 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I absolutely adored this! As many women are, I suffer from nosy image issues. I'm extremely .all Ye weight I've gained through he years have definitely taken my confidence and run with it. Far, far away. On most das
interested party chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Girl, just like everything you write, this was amazing. And maybe even more so because we can ALL relate to it! How many times did I turn my (now) husband away because I was feeling fat? Now, after three kids, and knowing he's seen me in all sorts of sizes and in and out of shape, and knowing he loves me and always thinks I'm beautiful, do I finally FEEL beautiful (well, most of the time). And when I have those scary thoughts of "what if something ever happened to him" and take that line of thought all the way through, and the (ugh) thought of dating again, I always think "ewww, I'd have to be naked in front of someone else!" So all those thoughts are still there, but you are SO right that when someone tells you enough and shows you with their consistency, you do start to believe it.

I feel so sad for my friends whose husbands never tell them they are beautiful - because no matter how confident you are, you need the person who loves you the most to help you see your good sides. Thank you for bringing this amazing story to us!
NeatoBandito chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Loved this one-shot. Your Bella is someone I feel a lot of women, myself included, can relate to. She's managed to find in her Edward someone who gets her, who doesn't just brush off her innermost feelings and helps her a little with just accepting herself, an extra few pounds - or not - and all.
lisamichelle17 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I have to tell you something. You know I love your stories but this is the first one that I could totally know exactly how Bella feels. Being chubby for most of my life it used to be really hard to even realize that a man could be attracted to me for me especially since we seem to live in a society that puts so much effort on looks. I will never be a size 2 and it took a long ass time for believe that I am beautiful. Now I am rambling. To the point, this story was extremely realistic.

1) In the beginning of this story you introduced us to Bella's early life and how Jane's words impacted her. Jane's words is something I could totally see happening.

2) I loved that it was Edward that was pursuing Bella. Something tells me that it was Emmett or Rosalie that probably gave him her phone number. I loved that he took initiative to pursue her. At the same time, I could totally see how he would get tired of her hot and cold routine. He finds her beautiful just the way she is and that was a concept that she never thought she would find. I also loved that Edward eventually moved to his own apartment. He was obviously excited to have a little privacy for him and Bella as well as a little independence from Emmett and Rosalie.

3) I also loved the conversation that they had about them being more physical together. It needed to happen because Edward was obviously not a mind reader *winks*

I know this was only a one shot but I would welcome it if you wanted to write these characters a little more. I was internetless for your birthday but it makes me happy that you enjoyed your gift *hugs* Thank you, Anya, for writing this o/s. It definitely touched me.
Britt01 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Ahhh, I loved this! I really liked how you portrayed Edward, for one. You didn't describe how perfect he was to Bella - she thought he had a too-big head (or, too big hair), was a bit scrawny, but that was an absolutely minor part of things. And at the end, when she mentions his paunch, and that it is simply part of him - it doesn't make him less attractive to her. I love how you wrote a "real" couple - they could be any of us, dealing with similar, every day issues. I liked how you had Edward respond to Bella as well - telling her that she can think whatever she likes, but it really doesn't have anything to do with how he sees her. Nicely written - thank you!
mem4375 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I really really liked this story. It is so refreshing to see a Bella that is not naturally (abnormally?) tiny. My heart broke a little at her poor body image, but the progress at the end was so realistic. You can't change a decade of punishing thoughts overnight. I'm not sure anybody could have handled it exactly right as Edward did, but it would be nice! Another great story. Thanks!
salette chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I loved it. It's perfect for a one-shot fic, of course I would love to see more of this Bella and Edward, but I was happy with the way you ended things.

I specially love the reaction of Edward when Bella told him that she was fat. I hadn't seen that in a fic. Because it's not only things like weight that can make you feel bad but other stuff, like believing that you're not pretty enough, not tall enough, not funny enough, etc... it can be any little thing. And the way he acted about it was simply perfect.

Personally, even though it sounds silly, those words are going to help me a lot when I'm in one of those moods, feeling the way Bella felt in this fic. :)

Another really great story from you, thanks!
HollBeth chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
This was definitely good - but everything you write, to me, is good. If by good, we mean "exceptional," that is.

I loved it and it was good for this reason - this is reality. You've written in B and E, but it could easily have been me and my eye issues (the pupils are malformed and I have always worn super-thick glasses, too) instead of weight issues. Or it could have been a woman who worried or obsessed over some other body part or issue. You perfectly played out how that issue feels and how it limits us.

What you did more, though, through Edward's reaction and Bella's later understanding of it, is show that we all need to remember we need to see ourselves more clearly, but not make others see us through only the negative light. It may be easier to believe the bad than the good, but loving ourselves as we are and accepting that sometimes that's as good as it gets is one of the best gifts we can ourselves and those who love us.

Brava!
quoideneufj chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Beautiful story.
The Irish Cullen chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
i love this one shot lovely story i saw it rec'ced as something nearly every woman could relate to. not wanting to talk about our issues but wanting people to recognise them in some way.
eli-rose chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I believe the "secret" is looking yourself in the mirror and be ok with that you see!Nobody is perfect some are fat some are skinny others are too tall and other too short everyone has flaws either in their bodies or personalities and other people or ourselves only magnify them!e skinny others are too tall and other too short everyone has flaws either in their bodies or personalities and other people or ourselves only magnify them!
SongForEvela chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
So, so lovely!
Roshambo83 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
You really captured it. How many times have I thought all of the same thoughts as your Bella? The neurotic inner thoughts of being a little overweight. Well done.
o chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
"He tends to roam around at home in just boxers, but gets when I do so in oversized shirts, because that's my idea of comfort."

what does he get?