Reviews for Delicious
Cities Below Us chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
This story... Hit me like a bulldozer. You were able to capture the mindset of many many women, including me. When I was reading this story, I kept repeating in my head: That's me. That's me. That is EXACTLY me.
I was really able to associate with Bella. And now, I'm able to believe that there are guys like Edward Cullen. I just hope I am not mistaken.
Thank you for the amazing story that touched me, buried itself in my heart; it will forever remain there to remind me.
great2read chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
This was absolutely excellent. I never really got it before.
Eric's No 1 lover chapter 1 . 8/6/2012
An issue that many people feel very sensitive about, very well handled and written.
RTP4ME chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
I like to fic dive a bit when I'm down and this was a great little find.
You write good happiness w reality.
Xo
BELAVERA chapter 1 . 7/30/2012
I liked the story. When I was in college, I was under weight, very underweight!
When I met my husband, he recognized that I was skinny, I just had a
large bone structure. He did everything he could to help me gain weight.
After we married, I gained about 20 lbs, which was about right. Now I was
on the other side of the fence! Due to various medical problems, I kept
gaining. Bill didn't mind, but I felt bad about it, like Bella. It took some
time, but I know that no matter what I weigh, it is me (and the doctor)
that worries about it, not my husband...he just wants me to be happy!
TheRugbymom chapter 1 . 7/28/2012
nicely done!
pgrabinEdward chapter 1 . 7/24/2012
Wow! So moving and a huge issue so many women deal with- thank you for writing this!
Monday the 14th chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
Reading your fic made me think that I'm on a diet, and the glorious feeling that comes with the knowledge that you're losing weight.

Ten I remembered that my longest diet lasted 5 days, and I contemplated all the food I had today. But yeah, now I want to diet. Which may not be what you were going for here, but still.

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us!
WingsOfEyeliner chapter 1 . 7/7/2012
Another excellent piece. This one spoke to me on so many levels. Absolutely loved. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Great short story. Loved the topic and the resolution to such a big issue for many people. When I was a skinny, young thing, I felt fearful that my significant other wouldn't think I was voluptuous enough. As my body matured, I filled in the narrow lines and finally felt good about myself. Having a family and growing older have changed the narrow lines into curvy ones, but I have never felt more confident in the way that I feel about who I really am. My husband loves me. My kids love me. My friends respect me and I have finally learned to respect myself. Thank you for a story that makes woman believe in themselves. My favorite moment was the one where she licked the ice cream off of his lip. It truly made me smile and remember the ice cream cone that I shared with my husband on our very first date, many moons ago. It was pistachio, chocolate chip. I hate pistachio ice cream but I loved the cool lips that were attached to it.
Decades later, those cool lips haven't changed.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
It's a refreshing perspective; this piece. A typical person would be like, you're not fat, you're beautiful, etc. As nice as that is to hear, it is completely ineffective. I think that a mind can not be changed with a single series of words, especially when one has lived with that mindset for so long.

By saying that his perspective is not hers, it destroys the idea that he thinks she's fat and that is all she needs. As you said, maybe her mind will change (and it did to a degree), and maybe it won't, but Edward's place as a lover is to support her and that's what he does.

I really like this idea. It's so different from anything I've read and it taught me something about people who construct an idea of themselves in their heads. Thank you for this.
orpheuschick chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Just wanted to say what a lovely, heart-warming story this is, and so insightful about the way we women view our bodies. I loved the description of the sticks that inhabit hip new place and the movies - too true! - and that Rosalie's attractiveness is as much ascribed to her attitude as to her physical attributes.

Edward's line about beauty being in the eye of the holder is one I'll remind myself of often - as it happens, this is one of the slef-doubts that has plagued me most of my life (I too can pinpoint the 'when')and which I am just starting to really try to deal with. This recommendation (from Lady Gwynedd) came just at the right moment for me. Now, if only there were more Edward Cullens around to share an icecream kiss with...sigh.
hanadi J chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
So sweet!

I really loved it!
sparklevampFTW chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
This was a very different Bella, and I'm sure it hits home to a lot of girls. Thank you for writing this, it's very truthful to many things. I like that you didn't exactly resolve the conflict, but left it unresolved for the reader to figure out that eventually, the characters move past the problem. I love when authors do that.
SilvaK chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Hello!I've read a lot of your stories and I really love your 's very real and this story,touched me on a personal level,because I am a girl who struggles with my weight and the way I see like Bella in the story I tend to close myself off for fear of ,thanks for sharing this story,because it gives me hope and maybe some strength to do better for myself and maybe find that someone who will inspire in me "certain confidences" as you so well put luck with your thesis,hope you are doing well.
355 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »