Reviews for Grey Eyes
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 6 . 4/5/2012
I love the little scene of James daring Sirius to do something that would make Severus mad and Sirius kissing Lily on the cheek, I can picture it so well :D

It was nice to see Sirius getting on better with Regulus at home but it's so hard with their awful mother around, killing any happiness Sirius has and trying to turn Regulus away from him. I hate how easy Regulus is to indoctrinate and the fact that he just stood by and watched his brother get hurt by Bellatrix. That rhyming part was really good, the childishness of it made Bellatrix's actions even more sinister. I was cheering when James stepped in, I was so happy that he was there to look out for Sirius, like Professor McGonagall, even when his family most certainly is not.

I hope you haven't abandoned this story! Please do update, I would love to read more, I really would!
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 4 . 4/5/2012
This chapter was so moving, I can't believe how evocatively you describe Sirius' awful position. I don't normally like such sad and upsetting stories but yours is so well written and so realistic that I can't help but admire it. Poor Sirius, breaking down at the end. It's so sad! I want to wail with him!
ArwenFairTinuviel chapter 2 . 4/3/2012
I started reading this the other night but then my internet went and I couldn't review! Sad times. Just wanted to let you know how much I've enjoyed this so far, I do love the way you write. You get the 11-year-old Sirius' reactions spot on and it was so heartwarming to see James come and cheer him up... they're such good friends :D I was also happily surprised by how Severus tried to stop Bellatrix from burning Sirius. It's good to see how he does have a heart under that cold exterior.

PS: I know what you mean about story stats... the proportion of people who read compared to who actually review is astounding, and such a shame!
Serenityofthematrix chapter 7 . 11/6/2011
Really good chapter. Poor Sirius. But good thing he has great friends no? Well I can't wait for more. I hope all is well with you. Until the next one.
Serenityofthematrix chapter 6 . 8/30/2011
The chapter was really good. Oh no Sirius' mother us changing his dormitory thats not nice. But as least is seems the brothers are getting along.
Irisheyes4comrade chapter 6 . 8/26/2011
This is so great! I like that you made the Blacks cruel, but still human. Please continue!
jammin287 chapter 6 . 8/26/2011
It's me again :) Sorry I didn't review the last chapter, but it was beautiful...as was this chapter!
melianthus chapter 6 . 8/25/2011
yay!

blegh I hate Sirius' parents! but don't we all?

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
Serenityofthematrix chapter 5 . 8/23/2011
Hey there! Aww this was nice Sirius and Regulus along with his family getting along. Darn the Kreacher. The chapter was really good. I hope all is well. Until the next one.
melianthus chapter 5 . 8/21/2011
please update. My life is nothing without Fan-fics, nothing but boring eduaction and chores.
Serenityofthematrix chapter 4 . 8/15/2011
Good chapter! Can't wait for the next one.
Serenityofthematrix chapter 3 . 8/15/2011
Poor sirius with shut horrible parents. This was a good chapter.
Serenityofthematrix chapter 2 . 8/15/2011
This was a good chapter.
Serenityofthematrix chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Good beginning. I liked the chapter
niccc chapter 4 . 8/15/2011
Your depictions of Sirius's homelike and his relationships are always so heartbreaking without being overwrought. There's a subtlety in the descriptions, a simplicity of images, such as seeing his family getting on well without him, that makes it all the more harrowing. Too many authors, I think, go for too much of a shock factor and their stories suffer for it, instead of the anguish of not belonging in the one place you're meant to speak for itself.

I really loved the little hints of Regulus still standing by Sirius in a sense simply because they are brothers. I hope to see more of him.

Anyway, good to see you writing again.