Reviews for Temporary
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
A great story. Very well written.
PatonxJulia chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
*starts sobbing* Oh, gosh, that was heartbreaking and endearing at the same time! :)
Gwedhiel chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Awwww! you have to love Erestor and those twin terrors! I love how they set him up to "kiss it better"! And Glorfindel certainly didn't offer any help at all. :) And likewise, i love the defined relationship between the two. Glorfindel cares for his health as much as he loves to drive him crazy! Which makes Erestor ready to pounce. :) And i liked the thoughtful little gesture he gave through the pastry.

And the poor little elflings! They certainly know how to worm their way into old Erestor's heart. There were many nice touches, small but very effective.

The characterizations, of course, were excellent. I liked how you clarified Erestor's indifference to how much he eats despite what Glorfindel says. :) It was a small but appreciative touch that really magnified attitude of each elf. So well done to that! What a workaholic. :)

I love what a perfectionist you framed Erestor to be. Everything has a spot! And Glorfindel probably likes to mess with those spots every time.

That was a nice transition you did with skipping ahead to Celebrian's departure. And i liked the symbolism behind it. To children (or elflings) a storm grates on your nerves and makes them wonder why such things have to happen and they just want to yell 'go away'! But just like the storm frightened the elflings and Erestor comforted them, reassuring them that it will pass, the attack on their mother was just like the storm. It tortured them, made them wonder why, but eventually it would pass. I loved it.

This was a great one-shot and a great perusal of Erestor's character. And again, i loved his interaction with Glorfindel in here. Never trust the gleam in his eyes! This was really successful and, if the reader pays attention to it, it can really be a lesson to learn by children. Not just about how storms will pass, but how the storms of life will also pass. So besides providing great entertainment, you had a little lesson for younger children to learn (and older if they haven't matured). I loved the humor, and you implied it so naturally that it was easily seen outside the dialog. Spelling and grammar were spot on as usual. :) Excellent though! Very excellent!

Agena K chapter 1 . 8/17/2011

this story shows Erestor in such a different light. You have written him in a touching sweet uncle role. I have rarely had the pleasure to read him in such a wonderful role. There should be more such storytellers as you. thank you. I believe that this is how he truly is (they are in valor they did not die or fade hence the present tense)

Hannon Le,

Mellon nin!

The Pearl Maiden chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
*sniff, sniff* Gosh, s-so...beautifully sweet!
doreenthatshot chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
This was really good. I liked it! A nice, heartwarming tale. :)
Eminnis chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I'm sad to see you don't have near the number of reviews this story deserves. It was absolutely heartbreaking! In a good way! Keep up the great work!

decembersonnet chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
This is wonderfully sweet, and a nice character study for Erestor. Thanks for posting!
theawesomestsisterEVER x chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
so ur prize will tell you how much i adore this story.

Craig Parker in a towel on ur doorstep.

love, me :)
b3cks chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
This was lovely. I am sitting here trying NOT to cry. Thank you for writing such a beautiful story.
Antigone1Evenstar chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
So sad and beautiful. Not that I'm biased or anything by your song inspiration. Of course not.

But I really like how you presented Erestor (and Glorfindel for that matter) but Erestor was excellent. Great story.
Evereven chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Great story with lots of emotion. I really like your Erestor. Tough, but with a good heart.