Reviews for and this, too shall fade
WitchcraftAndTrickery chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
This was great! Strange layout, and you made it work amazingly well.

Lovely little look int Obi Wan and Padme's relationship :D
Guest chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
I like this.
Lionheart Rising chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
Truly lovely and well written. I adored how you said that she had been queen, senator, and lover, but not his queen, senator or lover.

The beginning of section v. was fabulous, and I loved how you said that it's easy to love Luke, because he loved his parents.

On another note, his comment about her being ONLY a friend was great, and how the loss of her wasn't cheapened by that fact.

Fabulously well written.

-Warring Queen
Chibi's Sister chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
This was very interesting. I liked the depth, yet unity, you brought to Padme's character. A lot of times,in the films it seems like Padme is whatever the writers (George Lucas, of course, but I'm sure he had help and I don't want to blame him for *everything*) needed her to be at the moment. Okay, we need a dignified queen, okay, that's Padme. Oh wait, now we need a kick-butt action girl. That's Padme. Well, now we need someone to be all weepy and emotional. Padme! Your view of her integrated all the different pieces of her characterization into a realistic whole.

I definitely like how you portrayed a deep relationship between Obi-Wan and Padme without making it romantic. The relationship there is so intriguing, but for Obi-Wan to have something going on with his (former) apprentice's wife would be SO out of character it's not even funny. The depth and beauty of a platonic relationship really comes out in the fourth piece and I appreciated it.
bakaindisguise chapter 1 . 12/23/2011
Thanks for writing this beautiful fic. :) Obidala should have been canon...
Annie chapter 1 . 10/31/2011
WOW. Full disclosure, I'm not much of a Star Wars fan and my knowledge of the saga is not overly extensive... However, that certainly did not stop me from thoroughly enjoying this fic. I had goosebumps all over my arms as I read each sentence, honestly! Amazingly well-written, emotive, and powerful. Your characterisations were absolutely brilliant - every character had real depth. Again - WOW. :-)
Childofthedawn90 chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Excellent! I absolutely loved this and started tearing up as I read the last two things in the list. Great job!
SerendipityAEY chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
So beautifully written - love the words you've chosen and the flow if it all. I really love the end, when he says it's easy to love Luke; he loved his parents. And the tone is just perfect. Very nice :)
VisualIDentificationZeta chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
there is too little Obidala in this fandom and WAY too much Anakin/Padme, especially seeing as that arrogant self-centered pr-ck first destroyed who she was as a person and then murdered her. I hate that Padme had to be Luke and Leia's mother and not some other woman.
LadySaxophone chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
An ObiWan/Padme friendship pairing is probably the hardest to do simply because they don't have many scenes together but their obviously good friends(their on a first name basis, he doesnt feel uncomfortable coming over to her apartment,etc.) but i think you did an excellent job. That is just how i thought their relationship would be.
pronker chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Powerful and compelling and I like the way that Obi-Wan admires, befriends and treasures the one he watches grow up into power. #4 seems to shake him up into passion, even though it's a sad section to read - the passion of friendship's loss - and then comes #5, filled with hope. Well done!
Valairy Scot chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Lovely, just lovely.
sachariah chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Excellent pieces, all of these. I especially loved the latter, though I would have expected a more explicit reference to Padme there, but I suspect that was intentional.

The fourth one stuck out to me, especially Obi-Wan's reference to his apprentice/brother/friend, and his relationship with Padme. Such a tragic moment.

That last peice is my favorite, though (all five were excellent). I actually thought you were going to stick in yet another AU Obidala scenario - this is so much better. I don't know how much thought went into the development of Anakin and Padme's characters by Lucas ad friends, but it really isn't hard to see the similarities Luke has with both parents. And you brought that out beautifully here. Many of the attributes Luke had that his father lacked, are in fact very visible in his mother.