Reviews for Down on the Slab
Cynical-Smile01 chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
I read this, and I thought it sweet, I thought it great, because Probie Jen stories are my favourite. And it is really great. But it hit me a couple of hours later. One day, the same Jenny Shepard will lie on that table, her red hair will be combed by Ducky. He'll hose her down. He'll stick a knife into her, break her ribs. He'll weigh her internal organs. But that Jenny Shepard will be dead. She won't get up off that table and joke around with Gibbs. Oh, you have to love and hate writer's irony.
Zeki Young chapter 1 . 3/21/2012
Great characterisation really enjoyed it
IluvMonkeys chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
I love love love this chapter, the whole series actually. I usually don't like a lot of pre series stories but you do them so well. Amazing! :)
Mrs. Elizabeth Gibbs chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I seriously cannot get enough of this pre-series stuff. You write them SO damn well. And, I do have a suggestion for another story. What about their first stakeout together? I know you did one about it being hot (which I loved), but what about their first ever one together? I think that could definitely be interesting, lol. Either way, loved this!
MissJayne chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Loved it! I love the way you let them banter and joke, and yet be so serious if they need to be. And I thought Jenny was going to have one of the really messed up bodies to have to watch, but I prefer your version.
HuddyJibbsAddict chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Amazing

I loved that Jenny was the one who made him use the elevator as a conference room

and I loved the way he made her go through the process of an Autopsy.

LOL at Ducky betting and hoping he's wrong

Brilliant, great chapter :-D
Left my heart in Paris chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Really sweet I love the storys in this serise: keep the coming
MTGZ chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Awesome! U got the idea frm ravenous rite?
1Kiko chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
So, I have decided that my favorite part about your "early days" fics is the casual contact and discussion with each other. They talk, and they touch, and they run around and they screw with each other. It's a very normal friendship and makes it very clear to see how they could build a relationship in which the feelings last almost a decade.

And they way that they are honest with each other without going past that line of how much they share is really awesome as well. You can see how the relationship will build, but it starts very strong and I love it.

I also really enjoyed how both Jenny and Gibbs had issues with their first autopsies for similar reasons. You make Gibbs more open and caring even though he's still rather gruff and introverted. It makes a lot of sense, because even when you watch the show you can see him kind of tuck more into himself with other deaths and incidents so it makes sense that he would have started out more relaxed.

The late night autopsy lesson was really cute. And the scenes with Jenny and Robbie, as well as Gibbs and Jenny in the elevator were my absolute favorite of this fic.

It is lovely.

As far as other fic ideas. I would love to see Jenny finding out about the boat, as well as meeting Fornell. I always got the idea that Jenny and Fornell knew each other to some degree. Also, I think that there needs to be something that Gibbs does or says, be it a rule or whatnot, that just leaves Jenny speechless. Oh! And a kid. Jenny's comment later about forgetting how good he is with children means that there has to be a kid.

My apologies, I think I may have gone a little overboard on the suggestions thing. I just really love the way that you write the characters and would love to see those things in your way.

] Kiko
Dixie Dewdrop chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Gibbs is definitely a good teacher!
njcarter89 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011