Reviews for He Loves Her, She Loves Him
AMillionMilesAway612 chapter 1 . 8/14/2011
How is it that you manage to describe each character’s personality so perfectly just through the tone of your stories? Seriously, this one-shot obtained a completely different tone than your Eli stories, and did not once did I feel like I wasn’t reading Jake’s thoughts. That is such a hard thing to do. Most of the time people just write what sounds good. But you always coincide what you write with what character you’re representing.

“Ugh, gag me with a spoon. He didn't even come up with an original answer. He seriously sprouted that cliché shit to me, and it made me angry.”

Holy crap! I could literally feel Jake’s anger from that line. It was such a teenage-boy thought, yet I could tell there was more hurt than fury in what he was saying. It really showed just how scarred Jake is by all the things that happened with his parents. Nice job.

The way you described Clare was so perfect for Jake’s personality I actually laughed. I laughed because I have no idea how you have the ability to understand a guy’s mind. I know I don’t. Anyway, the way he described Clare’s looks was the perfect blend of affection, hormones, and just his personality in general. He doesn’t think Clare is flawless (the head being a little bit too big literally made me cry from laughter), but he does think she is good looking and he might be kind of attracted to her. Remember how I said you were sometimes a little bit too cheesy? Yeah, well, that ship has sailed )

“That sound just made me feel like I could do anything.”

Okay, that line is the reason I love your writing. It is something everyone can relate to. This is obviously something you didn’t just make up, but rather thought of from your own personal experiences (wink wink). I always pick out the simple lines, but that’s just my style.

That entire phone conversation, by the way, so well illustrated the relationship between Clare and Jake. It was sweet, funny, cute, teasing, sexy…..

Well this is awkward )

That whole “what if someone breaks in?” was just so funny. It is quite obvious Clare is a little socially awkward, and I am so happy that you chose to use that part of her personality in the story.

The moment Jake complimented Clare’s eyes, I was thinking “Oh snap!” Because that would obviously strike a cord in her.

You always know the fine line between dramatic, and over-dramatic. Clare’s reaction to Jake’s comment so perfectly displayed her emotions at the time. (I know I keep saying perfect like it’s the only word I know, but it really is the only way to describe everything) She is desperate to forget Eli, and the only way she can find to make herself feel better is by being with Jake.

But Jake isn’t blind. He knows what is going on. And I love how you showed that side of him you never see on the show- the side that may be jealous of Clare’s feelings for Eli. And even though he may act like everything is perfectly fine, underneath it does bother him that he is being slightly used.

You always manage to portray every layer of the characters. While I was reading this, I felt like my eyes were being opened up to a whole new way of seeing Jake, and even Clare, that I have never seen before.

When Jake wondered if Clare pictured Eli when they kissed instead of him, my heart literally broke. That was such a powerful, depressing image. What made it even more painful to read was the fact that I can totally see Jake thinking that.

Overall, this was some of your best work yet. You always manage to blow me away with how freakin talented you are, and every time you always get better. Congratulations on making me love your writing even more )

-Jenna
cakelover chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
love it!
ilovebooks17 chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I love it. Your a amazing writer!:)
sushi.23 chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Ah-mah-zing!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Cute ish kind of
Lazerlicious chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Wow! I loved it! I have to admit, this was the first "Cake" story I've read, and I'm really impressed! The ending was a surprise twist for me, and I'm certainly not complaining about it. :D