Reviews for The Devourer and the Galaxy
Guest chapter 4 . 9/13/2014
nice. Please, continue to the chapters. I would love to see future views.
Kit chapter 4 . 2/4/2013
Go Tyranids, Boo Chaos
OSR fanatic chapter 4 . 10/31/2012
Great Story! :) Update Soon! :)
Halo001 chapter 4 . 2/25/2012
i love this one the devourer see's chaos as nothing that has to be the ultimate insult to chaos cant wait to see what it thinks of the eldar and the tau and especially the necrons since they cannot be devoured and there weapons leave no biomass behind to reabsorb
adrogoz chapter 4 . 2/22/2012
Normally, I'm not much of a fan of 40,000 (I'm usually a warhammer fantasy player). This story, though, is based around one of my favourite 40K armies, and I loved it!
Necron Dragon Lord of D.A chapter 3 . 10/24/2011
The view of the Hive mind with all the galaxy

You are a genius..this in very good to read...and the most anticipated will be this..

How he view the necrons and the star gods (C'Tan)
guiltygear chapter 3 . 8/27/2011
This is really good it looks like a true description of the hive mind point of view of the bids.
Halo001 chapter 3 . 8/23/2011
this is really good i cant wait to see what they think of the tau empire and of course the chaos gods and most importantly the undying necrons that im sure they cant devour they seem to avoid them whenever they can
HalfTangible chapter 3 . 8/22/2011
I'll be honest - i didn't like the way this started. It seemed too small minded for an extra-galactic being, and a single creature suddenly gaining sapience and then becoming the hive seemed... off. The Tyranids strike me as a creature that evolved from a hive creature already - like ants or termites.

By chapter 3, however, i found myself extremely intrigued. The hive fleet is so far beyond the individual it doesn't understand how the Imperium could be anything BUT a fellow hive creature. THAT is good perspective right there. Keep up the good work!
Noob6 chapter 3 . 8/21/2011
"it will take that potential for itself and then feed on the imperium without mercy" sweet, nice pov for the hive mind,
Madork Gunna chapter 3 . 8/20/2011
Interesting. I am intrigued what the Devourer thinks of the Necrons, with their attitude towards life (what's left of a creature after getting hit by a Gauss beam is unsuitable for consumption, no?)
SpiritOfSherwood chapter 3 . 8/20/2011
Fun Fact: the first two hive fleets (vanguards at that) invaded through the eastern fringe of the Galaxy nearly devouring the Empire of Ultramar and enroaching on Tau space. Imperial tacticians were stumped by the apparent randomness of the third hive fleet until they realised that it was invading from BENEATH the Galaxy cutting a path straight to the Segmentum Solar and Holy Terra itself, bypassing the defences of the other Segmentums. One can only imagine the looks on their faces when they realized what was happening.

Good chapter, nice to know that the Hive Mind thinks of us a slightly more than Prey.

The Spirit
SpiritOfSherwood chapter 2 . 8/16/2011
I wonder what the Devourer will make of the Emperor's Astronomican (which is what draws it towards Holy Terra). Its like a big neon "all you can eat buffet" sign over the Galaxy. The Orks too will be interesting to analyze from the perspective of the Hive Mind. I always wondered wether it was a single organism of many wholes or a gestalt consciousness of many perspectives forming a shattered mind that works on consensus. Interesting story you have going here, very interesting indeed. Scary to think how a single insignificant grub can grow to a galaxy eating superpredator. Also don't forget to mention the C'tan "Outsider" and Craftworld Iyandens fight against the Tyranid Swarm.

The Spirit
Ceros chapter 2 . 8/15/2011
I Don't suppose you could write a story on the rise of the Great Devourer and its conquest of its home galaxy? the first chapter piqued my interest
Noob6 chapter 2 . 8/14/2011
yaay chapter 2 excellent work!