Reviews for It's Just a Flesh Wound
Sammygirl321 chapter 8 . 4/29/2013
I couldn't stop reading this story, so that's why I didn't review earlier...

OMG YOU'RE AN AMAZING WRITER! This is officially my new favourite story, and you are officially my new favourite writer!
I love you and your story, keep writing for ever and ever! 3
Anonymous chapter 8 . 9/26/2012
I understand cheeky is a commonly used word where you're from, but in the states we don't really use it , men especially don't say it to other men, regardless of friendship or family. Just sayin, but all in all a good read
Haurvatat chapter 5 . 9/1/2012
Don't get me wrong - I like your writing. I wouldn't still be reading this at the fifth chapter if I didn't.

But

THAT'S NOT HOW YOU USE A DEFIBRILLATOR

NOT EVEN CLOSE

UGH

I'm just blindsided that you clearly did so much research on the other aspects of your diseases in this story and the whole thing... and then didn't bother researching how a defibrillator works. I can't even compute that.

This being said, a lot of research is good, and thorough research is even better, but the best thing in the world is subtle research. There were a couple of times when it was just a massive block of research on the page and not anything that really contributed to the narrative. I understand so well (SO WELL) the urge to share everything you've learned with your audience, but if the main purpose of your story is not to tell everyone how sepsis works, then you don't need to go into quite so much detail. Doctors and nurses also tend to dumb things down quite a lot for us silly empty-headed folk, so they would never go into such a long-winded explanation unless otherwise prompted for the whole thing - after all, they have places to be and other patients to attend.

Now for the stuff I liked.

Your diction and grammar are pretty awesome. It flows nicely (expect for the above-mentioned research problem, which kicks every writer in the nuts at some point in their lives) and the tone is for the most part consistent. The beginning few chapters had to be my favourite, when you weren't concentrating on the medical drama part so much and just letting it flow. Your natural state of writing works exceptionally well for you.

I'm so sorry if I came out sounding mean before. I normal shy away from giving well-rounded reviews with any critique, just because I know how much they always make my heart sink a little when I read them, but... the defibrillator was just too much. I couldn't hold it in. I really am sorry. I don't mean to be a bitch in any fashion.

Good luck on all your future writings!
CC-R2000 chapter 8 . 6/3/2012
This is rlly awesome! Its way too cool!
CeCe Away chapter 8 . 12/9/2011
Fun story. I love these early season ones.
SamWin98 chapter 8 . 11/17/2011
omg!

oh my god!

jeez...this was so...omg...seriously you are a damn good writer! This was very VERY good and sad and... jeez how damn good it was...when Dean was mean to Sam and yelled to him, I thought like "jesus christ this is frigging sad and I still love it" and then Sam went sick and everything almost went awfully way wrong...and when Dean ignored anyone else and all what he thought was "Sam must survive" I almost cried! crying was really, really close, dude! :D

and frigging thanks for that. you saved my day.
doyleshuny chapter 8 . 10/22/2011
I knew it had something to do with Sammys demon blood. BTW Ive always wondered if Sammy's blood is pure now since he came back from Hell? I guess it dosen't matter though. He never fulfilled that whole turning evil destiny crap. I knew my boy wouldn't! Excellent Job! It must be. I read it in one day!Oh yeah I know you're a totally good person. No worries o the slur.
doyleshuny chapter 7 . 10/22/2011
ATTA BOY SAMMY! I'm sure from now on Dean will think REALLY hard befre saying things to his little brother. Oh who am I fooling? Either boy wouldn't know when to shut up if their lives depended on it!
doyleshuny chapter 6 . 10/22/2011
GASP! YAY! I knew Sammy could do it. The boy's much too stubborn to let a little piece of metal get him. Poor Dean and Bobby. I swear the kid must be shaving years off their lives!
doyleshuny chapter 5 . 10/22/2011
And again Sammy Sammy Sammy *still sadly shaking head*. He thought the metal was knocked out? I guess I can understand that. Poor baby. I feel so horrible for Dean and Bobby too. I like Charles. He really seems to care for everybody's favorite little brother! Besides Charles is my husband's middle name so you know that he's a great person.
doyleshuny chapter 4 . 10/22/2011
About now is the time Dean is starting to feel like the most giant ass in the universe. My family has gone through a few deaths so I know that you tend to take out your grief on the closest people to you. I Dean's case that would be Sammy. To be honest I don't know why we do that but we just do. Anyway I hope they get our poor Sammy to the hospital before he gets too much worse.
doyleshuny chapter 2 . 10/22/2011
Okay we all know that one more day is totally going to hurt. That metal thing in Sammy's side will get infected and then he'll get sick cause the poor kid is not taking care of himself. Sammy Sammy Sammy *shaking head sadly* I'm loving this!
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
If Bobby EVER saw either boy talking to the other like that he would explode. I understand DEan's upset but that was the meanest thing he could ever have said. You know he's going to regret it. Poor Sammy.
Spencersmuse chapter 8 . 8/24/2011
Wow! I am new to Supernatural fanfic, but this was an epic story! keep up the good work, you are a wonderful writer!
Yalith's wolf chapter 8 . 8/19/2011
Wow! This is so awesome! :D I loved this! I'm now awaiting more from you!