Reviews for I am silver and exact
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
And yet, who would have been there to help him if he had shown weakness? When was he ever shown kindness when he was down? Alas, canon does not show us anything like that...only the boot of his latest tormentor, whether it be the Marauders, the Dark Lord, or Albus himself.

"What of my soul?"
lemon-rind chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Aw shit. Too much. Well done.
stereolightning chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
I love this. It reads as such an accurate version of Snape - a jerk, in other words - but it breaks my heart anyway.
her illusion chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
oooh,very nice :)
Robin chapter 1 . 1/25/2013
I really hate Snape, I think. Mostly it's the way he treats vulnerable children, I've had some awful teachers like that, bile people who should never have been allowed children (but for that I partly blame Dumbledore too).

Partly it is this, "Ten years since he had squandered it all", it is uncomfortable how close I am to making some of his mistakes. Giggling babies make me smile, and the laughters of children reminds me that there is something bright in the world, yet I'm never comfortable around them and I would never be a parent or a teacher. I'm too afraid of saying the wrong thing. On bad days, when I have a headache on the train, I find myself thinking up the most unpleasant, cutting thing, I could say, to the brat who is making a row for attention - I never say it but I think it enough, and it's frightful how bitter and petty I can be. So I have a lot of contempt and some measure of satisfication looking down on Snape and the likes who didn't just think it, but said it as well.

Still, if he had offered to make the Wolfsbane potion. Still, however grudgingly, he had safeguarded Harry's life. Still, that last line about Lily's eyes is gutwrenching, and he dies sympathetic.
Bhadra chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
Woah, that was good :D How do you only have six reviews?
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Beautiful, thank you. You have selected some not often described scenes, for which I am really grateful.
icansoar chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
This was very well-written! I especially liked the one during HBP - you really did justice to Draco's character.
nascently chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
Good lord this is amazing. Genius. The last line gave me shivers. Well done.
SuddenPsychosis chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
This was pretty neatly done, from start to finish and each segment. Your point that Snape has never learnt weakness was shown clearly. I felt Snape was in character too.

Well written.

Cheers.
duj chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Beautifully written, but little details don't fit with canon, for instance Dobby being freed before Snape finished brewing the Mandrake potion, Dumbledore being on hand (instead of on the run) to lock away the Pensieve... Also I can't agree with your characterisations: lupin's sense of honour, Dumbledore's humanity, Draco's remaining trust just don't ring true to me. But as a story in its own right, excellent work.
mercurywrites chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
You wrote him perfectly. I am so impressed.