Reviews for Exemplar
samepaverge chapter 1 . 4/18/2012
Amazing. Holmes speaks convincingly in this fic. I'm just gushing at it right now...thanks for sharing it :)
lemonpiefirefly chapter 1 . 9/20/2011
I really enjoyed the way in which this piece was framed (that is, as a first-person piece done as part of a failed section of manuscript. Who has written who has not done this? Started on one path and found it had turned personal, or at least allegorical?) In any case, I very much enjoyed the characterization. Holmes commenting on and categorizing the emotions of another is the perfect way to underscore to the reader that he is generally observant of but not particularly participatory in standard emotional life. It makes the transition and reveal in the end all the more touching and, for anyone not keenly familiar with Holmes, understandable. Great story!
tweedisgood chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
In answer to the query about 'surgery', since I can't reply via PM (disabled) - I originally wrote a slightly rambly conversation just after Watson chides Holmes that he can make his own estimate of his own losses, but my beta rightly said it was rambly and off-topic...so I chopped it and wrote Holmes' story about the letters. Much better!
WelcomeToTheAsylum chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Very nice. Impressive writing, impressive logic. What was the radical surgery?
Lady Laran chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
I love how you presented this and the tones of the characters. Very rich indeed!