Reviews for Last of the Ring-bearers
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Well done. Also, for keeping Frodo and Sam in-character. The details were well drawn out, keeping the story interesting. Frodo's letters were heart-breaking, but written so well that it felt as if he were speaking from the letter, in a way.

Good work. Mind if I put this story in my community, 'A Hobbit's Comeback', on this site?

Aria Breuer
G chapter 1 . 4/17/2004
-Wow, you did a breath-taking and insightful job of expanding on Frodo and Sam's reunion in the West!
-Celebrian's words of understanding to Frodo were wise-it was nice to see her included in the story
-I liked the sincerity showed in the "closings" of each of Frodo's 3 letters
Rasberry Jam chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
Great! This was beautiful. Everything so right, and sad. I can't stop crying and repeating Sam's song.. Every word hit a cord (except the part where 'hell' had slipped in.. was there a hell in middle earth?) and you made them so IC, showing the typical classic Romanticism that Tolkien wrote. Making everything seem so precise and ultimate. Wonderful! Really.. I garantee that I will check "though I do not know the way" right now!

Wow! You are my idol! *huggles* Thank you!

*bow*
AriaStar chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
::swipes hand across eyes:: Gahh. After your author's note, I *really* shouldn't have been listening to the FotR soundtrack while reading this. It probably made this fic even better, though; as a rule, I generally don't cry while reading. I did this time. I especially liked Frodo's letters; you pulled this off wonderfully. In fact, that's it, you're going on my favorite authors list.
Skye12 chapter 1 . 9/26/2002
Eep! Omg I wrote something like that. About what Celebrian said "Even the most complete of cures leaves a scar, Frodo, as well you know; if we could entirely forget our wounds and what we have left behind, retreating into oblivion, we would lose ourselves, lose our souls."

Eeeep I can't believe I just wrote something like that. Exactly like that. But this is the first time I'm reading this. O_o freaked out.

::cries:: The description of the memories of Rosie are truly painful. ::sniff:: "A fire behind his eyes" couldn't be put better. ::wipes away some tears:: bittersweet

I wish I would have thought of adding Celebrian into my own fic. Feels extremely ignorrant now.

::bursts into tears:: Very touching!

skye
Eryniell chapter 1 . 5/1/2002
ooooh, that was so incredibly sweet. I cried. Okay, I'm putting this on my favorites right now. Excuse me while I go grab some Kleenex...
Mish chapter 1 . 4/26/2002
Ah, Flame...wonderful as always! I love it! I was thinking of Frodo's letter to Sam as I was driving home this morning - not a good idea when I'm the one driving! ;) Oh...this is beautiful. I love how you portray these two hobbits (especially Frodo). Thank you so much for posting another story. :)
LisaAmica chapter 1 . 4/24/2002
*claps hands* Encore!
Hope33 chapter 1 . 4/20/2002
gorgeous.

this is probably the best sam-sailing-west-and-reuniting-with-frodo fic i've read (and that's saying something!)

your stories always seem to make me teary!

well done, i hope to read more of your work in the future!

-Hope
LordVaughan chapter 1 . 4/19/2002
This is a very nice story. I like how you've been true to the book, and am very glad that you've shone some light on a part of the "Lord of the Rings" that I've always been curious about, and done it well.

Its because there are stories like yours that I visit . Well done!
Janet chapter 1 . 4/18/2002
Holy cow, is this WONDERFUL! I'm just weeping here. A magnificent story. Thank you.
Tathar chapter 1 . 4/18/2002
Aw, this is so sweet! I love stories about Sam coming to Valinor. Yes, I have read Samwise Gamgee and the Ring, Drowning Alone and Pity (my favorite) and they are all wonderful! I will have to read the others, too. Thanks for writing such great stories!

Tathar
Celes Tilly chapter 1 . 4/17/2002
really sad but very well done