Reviews for Flight Risk
Bluewillow78 chapter 1 . 4/15
I've read 500 page novels that didn't make me feel as much as these snippets. Bet they would have been great even as haiku.
Medivi chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I clicked on this with a bit of skepticism, but reached the end with a new admiration. Fantastic job. Don't know that I would enjoy it as much via twitter, but your presentation here is phenomenal! Thanks for sharing. :)
Rose Tinted Contact Lenses chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I try to be reasonably sympathetic to both the mages and the templars, but by the end of a lot of your stories, I'm often seething at the Chantry and its idiocy.

It's the little touches here that get to me:

-He's Harrowed, but they give him apprentice's robes. Indignity.

-Not all the punishments are explicitly stated. In a lot of ways, that makes it *worse*. e.g "That night the pain keeps him awake." We can *guess*.

-The references to people we know: the girl in the bunk above is Keili, I'd assume, and the kid in the Chantry might be Alistair? Reinforces that this is all part of the game world.

And all this in 140 characters or less. Impressive.
karebear chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
There is absolutely no way 140 characters should be enough to make me cry, but I swear, every single one of these "tweets" did (and I don't use twitter either, but if I did, I might stop now). And even though I've been writing Anders for months and *knowing* about this kinda stuff, your stories are really unique, because they make me violently angry with the templars in addition to just really sorry for Anders. You do a *great* job of finding that place where the need to get revenge actually becomes *more powerful* than *either* survival instinct or suicidal thoughts. I think that's what may be holding our boy together even way, way before Justice comes along. F-ing templars...
Krys Hawke chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Excellent! Poor Anders, the living example of a man being ruled by his magic. I love the point where he turns from not wanting to hurt anyone to being so desperate. Well... Love, not the word, it's sad, but its excellent detail into his state of mind.

This makes me need to get back to work on my stories. Wish there weren't so many of them. Haha. I need to get my Rowan and Anders mage freedom team in gear.
deagh chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Oh Anders. I can see why you're so angry. I am glad I can make it at least a little different for you in my little worldlet.

Ok, now on to my review of the actual writing - you do a really good job communicating what he's feeling in these little sentences. And I am indeed grateful it isn't haiku. :)
Amanda Kitswell chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
I like your Anders. Can I have him for a little while? *doesn't wait and just steals*

Wonderful, wonderful job. Seriously. These snippets were absolutely perfect. XD
MsBarrows chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Oh, excellent! Very well done, I love the brief-glimpses-of-his-life feel to it.