Reviews for The Annie Tyler Diaries
Chris Widger chapter 25 . 12/7/2014
Oh my goodness, what a great story. I haven't actually seen A2A, though now I'm determined to find time because Alex is wonderful. I have to admit, the thing that impressed me throughout was that Guv was so...Guv. I don't know if you had to do research to come up with authentic 80s slurs and find ways to creatively combine them but it sure as hell paid off. God bless that terrible arsehold.

Sam and Annie were so incredible, and I loved you bringing in Maya, and the point about the people in Gene's world slowly forgetting who they were as they settle into their new lives. Some of the stuff later on was heartbreaking - Sam's 'death', his revelation of Annie's fate, and of course the very end. But it just played out so beautifully and true to the characters. I've always loved Annie Cartwright but your first-person account made me adore her even more.
RebelGrey chapter 25 . 6/6/2014
Wonderful story! Excellent ending, wasn't expecting it at all! Loved it
Changeling chapter 25 . 3/18/2013
I started bawling my eyes out all over the place as soon as I realised where you were going with this. Even thinking about it now, I'm tearing up! I think of it as more of a Galex fic... or do I mean Galice? Waaah! So beautiful.
mrwiseman chapter 1 . 2/12/2013
I want you to know this is to me as real as the show! I can't watch Life on Mars without your story being how I imagine what happens next. I mean it is as wonderful as the show.
You are very talented! Well done!
Hotsytotsy186 chapter 25 . 1/16/2013
Lovely story! I really enjoyed your story and your characterization. Great job!
Jo chapter 25 . 11/13/2012
Thanks for all your effort in this. I stumbled upon your story and am so glad, it is excellent. Well done.
Anon chapter 25 . 8/25/2012
I read the whole story in one sitting, I just re-read part of it again. I love the way you connected the two series. I haven't seen S3 of A2A as yet. The twist at the end was brilliant. This is the first time I've ever written a review to any story in FanFiction.
Witty Eagle Proud Ravenclaw chapter 14 . 8/19/2012
I'm wondering the twist will be as much as Alex is wondering it now - this is BRILLIANT. There really isn't enough Life on Mars fanfic out there on this site - or am I not looking in the absolute right place, because there only seems to be about sixty stories altogether in the whole history of LoM.
Miss Romance-Lover chapter 25 . 5/3/2012
I have just read this in one go, I couldn't tear myself away from it! An absolutely brilliant, believable piece of fanfiction. I have just been working my way through the entire LoM box set, and having already seen A2A, I wondered how the gaps between 1973 and 1980 could have been filled. And that revelation at the end about Alice was genius too! This is going straight in my favourites - well done!
aBlue Gillespian chapter 21 . 4/7/2012
Oh no more Sam, *sighs sadly.* poor Gene and Annie. I thought we would get some answers about what happened to the baby, but instead we just got more mysteries. You need to teach me that trick.
aBlue Gillespian chapter 20 . 4/7/2012
Oh that last line was so cryptic. Hmmm... The girl sounds so cute and you are going to kill her, you know that's bordering to evil even for me. :D
aBlue Gillespian chapter 19 . 4/7/2012
Haha the ears. Sorry I know this is not the most important part of the chapter but Gene was making me laugh through the whole thing and that bit just send me in hysterics. Well at least they aren't the Ninth Doctor's ears then Gene would not be able to shut up about them. Oh and the comment about her getting bigger he was so insenitively funny. Well the way she had the baby was a bit unhigienic but at least it wasn't boring. Love the whole chapter.
Kibetha chapter 25 . 3/7/2012
This was an awesome story and gave me lots of pleasure reading it! Very cute, and I love the way you've integrated Ashes to Ashes so smoothly while keeping the focus on Sam and Annie. Not sure about the Alice/Alex twist, it was a bit rushed, though it is cuuute. Thanks for a great read, hope you keep writing!
I HAVE NO NAME chapter 1 . 2/12/2012
"Right then, down the pub… you can buy me lots of whisky while I talk you out of it."

What a line. If the rest of the story is this good, I will be extremely pleased.
aBlue Gillespian chapter 18 . 2/7/2012
I loved this chapter after all the domestic stuff a bit of an action. Oh, but you killed Maya just when I starter to like her in your story. Well at least you didn't do like Brownbug did in Visiting Mars...she killed Phyllis there. For a moment there I thought that you were going to make them shoot Annie...
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »