Reviews for Something Else
Crystal Silvera chapter 1 . 1/25/2014
Finally: A YW fic that isn't totally OOC, actually sounds like DD's writing, and continues /AWOM/. 8D (So this is your reward: a nice long review 'bout two or three years after you posted it! See, that's what happens when someone's a newer YW fan and trying to find some good fics to read . . .)

All right. So this caught my eye 'cos it didn't have "FLUFF!" written all over it (yeah . . . usually the other way around for most readers, huh) and actually seemed to have, I don't now, something that feels fan-made enough to satisfy me but something that still closely resembles the canon style. (And, by the way, I really do think you captured the writing style YW mainly appears in. So great job on that! :D) I can /so/ see this as the first chapter of /Games Wizards Play/ . . .

Out of everything, I absolutely loved the dialogue. It just seemed so-I don't know, it was just all so in character and amazingly perfect! And you even carried the mutant thing through! -Insert happy reader/writer- Yes! And I wasn't the only one who had a feeling either Carmela and/or Dairine (most likely "and," I think) would somehow interrupt our favorite two characters and make fun of them for eternity . . . :D Also loved the peridexis's advice/thought-dialogue. I always liked having wizardry manifest itself and get a voice and a personality, so it was great to see it again in a fanfiction.

(Oh, Nita . . . "Mamvish and Irina saved him, I just sat there and nearly passed out." Our thoughts exactly. XD Just kidding!)

A few typos in the beginning and towards the end, but minor enough that they didn't kill me. (Pyjamas? I didn't know those existed. They sound like food . . .)

You have found your way to my "top fics" list (which resides in my head by memory). :D Congratulations!

(Yes, I did just review at twelve thirty in the morning. So what . . . I'm a night owl. Beat that, -insert name of friend who considers getting four hours of sleep "a lot"-! XP)

One final request: Make this a two-shot? :3 Sorry, but you've thoroughly impressed me and I simply want more . . . If you do I will rejoice like /GWP/ just came out! :D (Well, basically the same thing . . .)
TheLightAndDarknessWithin chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
D'aww! SO CUTE (:
PuppetMaster2 chapter 1 . 5/17/2013
Amazing story! Well written and the characters feel like they do in the books. You could pass of as DD if you wanted to! Can't wait for the next book. You should write an epilogue for that one too!
CryptoSquirrel chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
This is absolutely 100% in-character and perfect and beautiful, and i simply cannot. WOMAN. HOW YOU DO THIS TO ME? [The voice in the back of my head (which is not as cool as Bobo) keeps suggesting that you are not, in fact, the robotamputee from tumblr but someone else with a frighteningly coincidental name. If that's the case, i'm SO sorry. But i'm pretty sure it's not _]

No but actually i'm in love with this story, and my Juanopher shipper heart is doing cartwheels. 3
YoungWizardsFan chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Loved the story, you nailed each character, in my opinion, and you gave me something to help tide me over until the next book comes out :) Great job!
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
Very sweet and humorous. You've done a wonderful job at getting down Duane's narrative tone and the characters' voices. Thanks for sharing!
leyapearl chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Nice. I especially liked Carmela. You did a good job keeping everyone in character.
Introvertedly-BrownEyed-Writer chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
this was soooo cute! i loved it :)
harmonyforever12 chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
Very nice! :) I loved it! :)
That Crazy Hippie Gurl chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Awwwwwwwww! That was so awesome! I thought they were pretty in character, which is saying something for some of the fics in this archive...Good job!
books101 chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Yay! I've wanted to read a story just like this for so long. I even tried writing one, but couldn't make it right. So thank you! The characters were true to form, the dialogue was engaging and funny, and it was well written.
UnderxGravity chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
You know, that line is used a lot. "They vanished." "She vanished." "He vanished." *grins*

Mutant love. Oh how loverly it is! Nice touch of humor there, Helena's "mutant" theory. Did you hear the name of the next book? Take a look online, "Young Wizards book 10 title" if you haven't! Synopsis is online too, courtesy of the great Diane Duane.
redflame1020 chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Its very cute! A nice, fluffy read
Emmeryn chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I loved it! It was completely in character and there were no spelling errors! This deserves to go in my favorites. Though I do have one correction in the fanfiction, it's not "Kretef", it's "Khretef". Aside from that, it's perfect. :)