Reviews for Face of My Soul
Forbidden Moons chapter 2 . 2/28/2016
Hmm, now that one comes to think of it, Erik and Dorian can well be seen as two sides of the same coin, or two shards of the same mirror. One whose outside is as beautiful as he is corrupt inside, and the other a distorted face marring a glorious soul. It's a curious thing indeed.
Forbidden Moons chapter 1 . 2/28/2016
Why, this creativity is one-of-a-kind!
UnfathomableDiscrepancy chapter 24 . 7/1/2012
This was a pleasurable read. I was captivated by your characterization of each of the characters you conveyed in the story. Erik was just as deliciously tormented as ever, straddling the temptations of both love and jealousy. And I love how you made Dorian intelligent, but still a weasel when it boiled down to things. Ratting out Erik was the biggest indicator that his character would never develop for the better, and I just *loved* how you managed to convey that, and still make Dorian's character an addicting character by his own right.

Your use of language was also spectacular. I noticed it particularly with Lord Henry's snarky witticisms that you had him continue to deliver (also a proper tribute to his character). And I found it fascinating that Henry correlated Raoul's temperament as something reminiscent of Dorian before he had been corrupted.

In addition, I love how the idea of Dorian and Erik's face exchange remained shrouded in mystery. As most Faustian ordeals tend to linger in the unknown, it made the lack of 'answer' justifiable, and kept the story riveting in exploring the classic philosophies of the human condition at its finest and basest nature.

In short, this was a beautifully crafted fan fiction, and I am happy to have stumbled upon it. Now I feel a strong urge to reread the works of Wilde and Leroux. Thank you for the splendid story. :)
katkah chapter 24 . 1/21/2012
Nice drama. And nice clueless and dumb Raoul as always... gooosh he annoyed me as much as in the original book, if not more.

Brilliantly written crossover. Clapping.

Now I'm going ouit the theatre to write a recension about it.
katkah chapter 21 . 1/21/2012
So Christine turned into a action girl? That will add a whole new twist to all.

Search for a woman in everything, they say...

And imagining Henry actually doing something made me laugh a bit XD
AlteraPars87 chapter 24 . 1/14/2012
The final farewell, just as it should be. It was lovely :)

You entwined the two novels, developed the characters and written an amazing work in a brilliant way. It was a great discovery.

Your story is remarkable and it is going straightly to my Favourites :)
AlteraPars87 chapter 23 . 1/14/2012
Dorians inner revelation is wonderful. I like how you put it together, that he would not regret the loss of those lives but rather his own failure.

Eriks act of self-sacrifice was amazing. For quite some time now Ive been wondering if he would realize his mistakes at last and do the right thing, or whether hed go through with his vile plan. The love within him seems to have won.
AlteraPars87 chapter 19 . 1/14/2012
It had been bothering me for some time, why doesnt Erik get this one thing ( I will refer to the musical and not the book this time ), that it is in his soul where the true distortion lies? And while hes been given a new, beautiful face, he keeps nourishing the monster within. You captured it very expertly in Dorians response: "She is beautiful, but if my suspicions are true that she once knew you as well, then your mask will become thinner and thinner. You will have to change more than your face to win her."

P.S. OMG, six chapters at once (yay!), I better start catching up... :D
katkah chapter 17 . 12/13/2011
Well... shadows can be comforting sometimes when you're one of them.
katkah chapter 18 . 12/13/2011
Well, Raoul interrupted me as much as he did

I really hate those types... heroic and all...
AlteraPars87 chapter 18 . 12/13/2011
Wonderful!

Dorian is becoming a penitent and Erik is getting deadly serious...

I am truly looking forward to reading more :)
Marish chapter 3 . 12/4/2011
My god, this is brilliant! I absolutely love it.

You've merged 2 of my favorite books and done so very artfully.

Your writing flows very well, and your grammar and spelling are correct!

Bravo and keep up the good work!
katkah chapter 16 . 10/27/2011
A good day for the Opera man!
katkah chapter 14 . 10/25/2011
Where's more? I feel like I just came to an end of a episode of a soap opera and was left whining for more. Not that I watch soap operas.
katkah chapter 11 . 10/25/2011
,,Would you love him if he was beautiful?''

A question never answered.