Reviews for Lessons Learned
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2019
ok this is chaotic and lovely and so convincing, i love it! thank you for writing this, you mastered the characters so so well️
coolaquariun chapter 1 . 12/6/2014
Such well written fic with great characterization. Wish there were more Burktina fics.
Olya-la chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Awesome story. Loved it. Thank you
Guest chapter 1 . 11/11/2014
It had parts I didn't like and parts I loved. I did think that Cristina's dismissal of Owen was bit cold but I am glad that Cristina took her stand. Good that she took time to trust Burke and worked to earn it.
She Just Lit It Up chapter 1 . 11/27/2013
huge crowen fan but i didnt come here to bash

I actually read it thoroughly and fully and i liked it.. well-written and I think the characterization was pretty spot-on.
Red Bess Rackham chapter 1 . 12/28/2011
Ok, so this was huge, and the ensuing review will likely be rather huge, so um, here we go. :D

-The part about George made me tear up, and then when they visited his grave, I was basically full on crying. This: "She doesn't say anything out loud to George; she knows that he can't hear. But if she thought he could, she'd tell him how much he sucked for giving up before any of them made it out of the program. How much he sucked for dying and changing things more than they needed to be changed." HEART. BROKEN.

-The way you colored Owen in this interested me. I haven't watched the newer seasons to have any specific knowledge of how he's been, but I did initially like him and liked the C/O pairing well enough until I felt too tortured by the show in general to force feed it to myself any more. But anyways, he seemed in general a but too hot-headed and rash, but that being said, I liked the lines and insight into him, and I could seem where he was coming from at times. The ease, almost, in which his and Cristina's marriage ended was a bit strange (just in that it seemed to happen very quickly and easily, aside from some angry words from Owen). However, Mer did say that she knew they (C/O) had been "having issues for a while" and in general, I certainly got the feel that things had been greatly deteriorating b/t them for a while, and this was just the straw that broke the camel's back, as it were.

-"Everything about this place has changed; the people are different, the name is different, the soul is gone. Everything he loved about this place has changed" -THIS. This is EXACTLY how I feel about the show, and what I definitely was half-ranting about in one of my other reviews for you today, haha.

-Derek and Burke talking about the shooting was sad and powerful.

-Cristina plopping down beside Mer and saying, "Fine. You're rightish. Whatever." is PERFECT. So... everything that Cristina and Mer are, and their BFFery, in three plain, non-descript words.

-"You deserve a hell of a lot more than a rumor." - Her rant to him was so EXACTLY what she should say to him if he ever really came back. Guh, it was just - YES. Perfect.

-"Meredith stops and turns to look at him, "I cut her out of a dress. I watched her operate with a gun held to her head. I laid on the floor of an OR with her. I watched her marry some guy when she was like a zombie and then I watched him fuck up her career. And it all started when I had to cut her out of the goddamn dress. You deserve so much worse than what she gave you." Also perfect. So Mer, and also so totally what she would/should say when/if Burke showed up.

-"it's that she physically cannot stop thinking that there's a day and a time where he may change his mind and leave again." I loved this - this is an excellent line to show the deep seated change in their dynamic, that no matter how "repaired" they become, there will always be this mistake - this scar - left on them.

-"They'll always have the past but he likes to think they've both learned from it and that they can only continue to grow." - And then this was SUCH a great ending.

All in all, magnificent as usual. You are the best C/B writer I have ever read. :D

~Red
Dysari chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
this was a great story I miss Burke.. wish he would come back.
AmyHale chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
It took me ages to read it but - amazing! The best I've read in a while