Reviews for The Dark Future Paradox
NocturnalRites chapter 9 . 10/16/2011
Eeek, don't tell me Eagle Eye is who I suspect he might be!

I liked the touch of using her father's lighter in the explosion. Sort of a full circle effect. :)

Looking forward to the next update!
lazygirlwhodoesntwannasignin chapter 8 . 10/2/2011
Hello!

It's been a long time since I've read a MM fic and awwwe it's awesome! Some parts are a little vague but I really really like it. Can't wait to read more!

Sorry for the short review :/ but update soon!
NocturnalRites chapter 7 . 9/16/2011
Great Stones reference! And very apropos.

Loved the 'love child of Superman and Dudley Do-Right'...dead right on that one.

You're touching on something that I do think we would have had to have seen had the series continued, which is that the loft world and the Art Crawl crowd would have slowly become the place Wendy didn't fit anymore. She'd still love them, she'd still love to hang with them, and they'd still be friends...but sometimes, you can't go home again.

As always, looking forward to more.
NocturnalRites chapter 2 . 8/21/2011
I'd commented on the first chapter over on MM/WW. Now I see why Lacey took over for Roxy. Now I see why! Good twist.

I like that you're touching on how Wendy would very likely feel about taking over as the Middlewoman, at least in the immediately post-Doomsday era. I was plotting a story the other day and realized a problem she'd have that neither Clarence nor Raveena would have, and that's her age. Best guess scenario from Raveena's disease and experience is that she had to be at least late 30's when she died; Clarence would at least have to be early 30's, and have several years of military training, to boot.

Wendy, on the other hand, is twenty-something, has never had any leadership training, and would have gotten thrown to the wolves. She would have one heck of a time finding an apprentice (can you just imagine the wanna be guys who'd probably try for a few grabs they shouldn't before she broke their arms?) - but you've hit on the one who probably *would* work well with her.

The other thing you've hit on that I'd absolutely agree on, too, is how that experience would affect her. Whether you view her relationship with Clarence as a 'ship or not, I think everyone can agree that a) Wendy had some major trust/abandonment issues going into the series and that b) MM became someone in whom she trusted not to just vanish on her. It's one thing to *know* the possibility of someone getting killed; to have it happen, especially, again, only a couple of years into the partnership, would be a serious blow.

I've actually kind of theorized that one reason he was so obsessive about the Code 47's was not just his anal-retentive 'do it by the book' nature, but because he knew how the lack of closure around her father's death affected her. Of course, MM being MM, he doesn't exactly do a great job at it (and the series did a great job with the humor on that) but I think the underlying motivation is no less the same.

Thank you for the read!