Reviews for What Ifs and Whisky
Gatewatcher chapter 5 . 7/20/2015
That was awesome! Loved the dream sequence with his mom...very clever! Well done :)
Bones2014 chapter 5 . 5/23/2015
This last chapter is perfect. I love when the dialogue is so spot on between these two that I can picture it playing out. Mission accomplished here! So them. Like your friend, Sunsetdreamer, you possess a gift. I wish I had found Bones FF when you two were actively writing it. I believe it would have been quite an enjoyable experience. Instead, I'll have to settle for the gold mine that are the stories you created:)
Bones2014 chapter 4 . 5/23/2015
Well, that damn finally broke...it broke hard & fast! & HOT! I figured Booth would push for slow & sensual. Fast, hard & passionate makes more sense with these two, fiery, like their relationship. Loved it, as usual.
Bones2014 chapter 2 . 5/22/2015
That was so sad. Would he take 11 perfect years, knowing that it ends with her early death? This has got to be torture for him. You hit them spot on though. And their daughter...perfect. Really parallels their TV daughter...a mini Bones.
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 5/21/2015
Oh wow, I did not see that coming. Duh! Now I see where all of the angst will be coming from...Booth without Bones? Say it ain't so.
Adelled chapter 5 . 1/16/2015
Wonderful confluence of themes and plausibilities. Well done!
delia84 chapter 5 . 12/11/2012
I know you wrote this forever ago, but I'm just now seeing it — and I love it! Especially the ending. Lord knows Brennan will definitely keep Booth on his toes.
the dud pistachio chapter 5 . 11/3/2012
I admit the angst/hurt/comfort genre of this story made me disinclined to read it, but I'm glad I finally did. I've always been fond of the concept of "It's a Wonderful Life" and I like how you've applied it here to Booth and Brennan. As always thanks for the fantastic read! :)
MentalistLover13 chapter 5 . 2/5/2012
I loved this story! I loved how you put Booth's mother in it, the way you had the what if's if they were never partnerned together, if they had the perfect relationship, all of it! It was so beautifully written that I just couldn't stop reading it! Great, great job!:)
Alicia9876 chapter 5 . 9/7/2011
Great story. Very fun to read...
hot4booth chapter 5 . 9/4/2011
OMG! That was so awesome! This last chapter really surprised me. What a brilliant way to keep them as partners. I love how the agents and guys at the gym were hitting on her since they thought B&B had a relationship and they broke up. You are really creative.

I have to ask, though. What about the making love part over just sex? Should your readers assume that eventually happened now that they decided that they were indeed in a relationship? It kind of seemed like a friends with benefits deal before the last chapter.
eitoph chapter 5 . 9/1/2011
Aw Jenn, this was an awesome and fun ending, I'm glad she keeps him on his toes! Everyone at the FBI thinking that they were together before was a nice twist and something I'd never thought of before - it works very well!

Nicely done:)
sunsetdreamer chapter 5 . 8/30/2011
Hahahaha, you are hilarious. I was bracing myself for wrist slitting good times, but then you went and made me crazygrin with this;

"Please." He rolled his eyes. "You nearly mauled me in your office the other day."

"I did not!" She defended herself. "And if I did, it was only because of what you were doing first."

And even more so with this;

"I know you thought you were secretive but seriously, everyone knew. The entire janitorial staff saw you break up on the front steps of the Hoover one night."

I would pay serious money to see this play out. Well, I don't have serious money. I don't even have not-serious money. But I would maybe stab somebody for it. I loved this!
sunsetdreamer chapter 4 . 8/30/2011
This is my favourite chapter so far. Like, oh my God. And I don't know what witch magic it is you're working on me tonight, but for like the second time, it's not even all about the smut! Well, it kind of is. 'Cause it was hot and angry and oh so delicious. But the sheer explosion of emotions... dude. I was like, oh, poor Brennan had a bad dream of her own. Aww, now Booth is being all comforting. Then BAM. Whoa. What the hell happened? And then shit got real. So. Much. Win.
sunsetdreamer chapter 3 . 8/30/2011
I know I told you this before too, but you are the only person who has ever made Jared bearable for me. You know how I feel about him. And even though reading his name sets my teeth a little on edge, the way you write him and Booth feels natural and brotherly without changing the person that Jared is in order to make it work, which I think is the biggest problem when it comes to writing "Good" Jared in fic.

The whole "be good" bit got me. It was another one of those simple things that I reacted to so strongly it took me entirely by surprise. And have I mentioned this chapter how much I love the It's a Wonderful Life of it all? 'Cause I do. Immensely.