Reviews for Spock's Dictionary of Colloquialisms
The Redshirt who Lived chapter 31 . 9/15
Oh man that was funny. BEST description of Dukat ever. Apart from the dumber than a bag full of hammers part. Dukat was sneaky. Although Pah-Wraith possession does tend to cause a decrease in subtlety...

And seriously, I love the way Kirk handled Dukat. If he and Sisko ever teamed up... hoo boy.
The Redshirt who Lived chapter 27 . 9/15
Oh mi goodness this was hilarious.
The Redshirt who Lived chapter 24 . 9/15
I laughed myself silly at this.
The Redshirt who Lived chapter 1 . 9/15
Yeah... Pretty much Captain Kirk in a nutshell. "Oh there's something dangerous! Let's go poke it with a stick!"
waikiki23 chapter 31 . 8/2
Love your story! I have been loving it! If you need some more expressions, here's a few I have used:

1. Finer than a frogs hair (means you're doing ok)
2. Nothing to shake a stick at
3. Through hell and high water
4. Don't rain on my parade
5. He/she one sandwich short of a picnic

Hope you can use these! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Sonar chapter 31 . 7/13
Best ending to that chapter.
lyssander chapter 31 . 7/13
What an awesome idea for a story!
The Ga chapter 31 . 7/13
Doing the happy dance here! What a lovely surprise when I got home from a truly awful day at work to see this update! Love, love, love this story line. And this update was so funny! Thank you!
Bones McCoy chapter 31 . 7/13
I love that Stock's dictionary keeps expanding! All of these are marvelously funny, and I can't wait to see Spock continue to pick apart all the idioms that humans take for granted. :)
Good luck with work, school, or anything else that takes up your time, and keep up the great writing!
Summer 0f '69 chapter 31 . 7/13
I love Spock and his not understanding how human figures of speech work
Qwikshot chapter 31 . 7/12
personally I haven't heard of the bag of hammers, I grew up hearing "dumber than a box of rocks", "not the sharpest tool in the shed", and "not the brightest crayon in the box"
this story is a real hoot! I'm seriously loving it and tend to reread the entire series when a new part comes out ... some possible additions

driving (x) up the wall
like herding cats/kittens
a snowball's chance in hell
as helpful as 3 blind mice
a/an (x ... I grew up hearing "elephant") designed by committee
raining cats and dogs (add alligators if it's a real cloud-buster)
bats in the belfry / light's on but nobody's home
are you blowing smoke?

it's late and my brain's shutting down ... that's all I can think of right off the bat (WEG)
TerraMacMillan chapter 31 . 7/12
I love these updates. I'm so glad you continue to do them. This was a great chapter. I love seeing minor characters brought into the things. Also, I loved the Alexander "Ten Dollar Founding Father" Hamilton bit. It made me laugh. (I'm assuming you were going for a Hamilton reference. You did beautifully.) I look forward to whatever is next!
WildChild2014 chapter 31 . 7/12
Good one. Always glad to have Christine and Geoff included in the festivities. Thanks for the update.
HeartofFyrwinde chapter 30 . 5/2
HA! Hmm, I've got one for you: the concept of being "godparents," featuring Dr. Marcus, Jim Kirk and their newborn son David. Another one: "to throw a monkey wrench in the works."
Q would be awesome to see in a future installment, by the way. "Sly as a fox" would apply to that annoyingly silly trickster.
SkySage24 chapter 30 . 4/1
Awesome story. I just came across this and it has to be one of the funniest things I've ever read. My favorite chapter was 'Burning the Midnight Oil'. It was great.

But, ah, you need to correct something. In chapter 22, AOS MCoy described the bridge of the Enterprise Prime as larger and shinier than his own, while the bridge of his own Enterprise was described as a tad smaller, and decorated in blue and orange.

The opposite is true. The bridge of the AOS Enterprise is larger and shinier while the bridge of the Enterprise Prime was smaller and decorated in blue and orange.