Reviews for Spock's Dictionary of Colloquialisms
Allie chapter 1 . 12/29/2016
Okay, you have to, please, do "the real McCoy" (i.e., "the real thing"). Because... well just think how many hilarious scenarios you could dream up for that one? Evil twins, alternate universes or identities, or just plain silliness... it'd be great. Pretty please?

Ooh, and I have an idea... when Jim or Bones or somebody tries to explain the meaning of the expression to Spock, Jim can try to convince Spock that the expression was actually named after their own Leonard H.

Or... somebody outside the ship who's never seen a Vulcan before can be impressed to finally see the real deal and remark to Spock that Spock is "the real McCoy" (meaning, "the real thing"). Of course, hearing himself referred to as "the real McCoy" would confuse Spock hopelessly, as it would make him think he was been insulted by being called an illogical human. Thus would ensue Spock endeavoring to explain that he is not at all a McCoy and actually the speaker must be talking about the doctor. Meanwhile, the original speaker would be believing that Spock is denying that he is a Vulcan and wondering why the obviously-Vulcan first officer seems to insist that the obviously-human first officer is a Vulcan! And the whole thing would, of course, be causing Jim no end of amusement...

Or, of course, you could do whatever you want. Just a thought I had, and I'd be flattered if you use any part of it, even just the expression. Happy New Year!
Guest chapter 31 . 10/15/2016
I just found this - what a fun concept! Are you still taking suggestions? Because I thought "over the moon" could be really good. Since, you know, on earth where it was created it sounds like something impossible, but in space it could actually mean something... just think what you could do with it!

My other best ideas are:

"If push comes to shove" (or "when push comes to shove" - I've heard it both ways)
"In one ear and out the other"
"the jig is up"
"(to cost) an arm and a leg"

I would be rather excited should you choose any of these! Best of luck!
chaoticmom chapter 31 . 10/1/2016
Lol, another one that is slightly different version, I always heard it as a box of rocks! Good chapter. Take care
The Redshirt who Lived chapter 31 . 9/15/2016
Oh man that was funny. BEST description of Dukat ever. Apart from the dumber than a bag full of hammers part. Dukat was sneaky. Although Pah-Wraith possession does tend to cause a decrease in subtlety...

And seriously, I love the way Kirk handled Dukat. If he and Sisko ever teamed up... hoo boy.
The Redshirt who Lived chapter 27 . 9/15/2016
Oh mi goodness this was hilarious.
The Redshirt who Lived chapter 24 . 9/15/2016
I laughed myself silly at this.
The Redshirt who Lived chapter 1 . 9/15/2016
Yeah... Pretty much Captain Kirk in a nutshell. "Oh there's something dangerous! Let's go poke it with a stick!"
waikiki23 chapter 31 . 8/2/2016
Love your story! I have been loving it! If you need some more expressions, here's a few I have used:

1. Finer than a frogs hair (means you're doing ok)
2. Nothing to shake a stick at
3. Through hell and high water
4. Don't rain on my parade
5. He/she one sandwich short of a picnic

Hope you can use these! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Sonar chapter 31 . 7/13/2016
Best ending to that chapter.
lyssander chapter 31 . 7/13/2016
What an awesome idea for a story!
The Ga chapter 31 . 7/13/2016
Doing the happy dance here! What a lovely surprise when I got home from a truly awful day at work to see this update! Love, love, love this story line. And this update was so funny! Thank you!
Bones McCoy chapter 31 . 7/13/2016
I love that Stock's dictionary keeps expanding! All of these are marvelously funny, and I can't wait to see Spock continue to pick apart all the idioms that humans take for granted. :)
Good luck with work, school, or anything else that takes up your time, and keep up the great writing!
Summer 0f '69 chapter 31 . 7/13/2016
I love Spock and his not understanding how human figures of speech work
Qwikshot chapter 31 . 7/12/2016
personally I haven't heard of the bag of hammers, I grew up hearing "dumber than a box of rocks", "not the sharpest tool in the shed", and "not the brightest crayon in the box"
this story is a real hoot! I'm seriously loving it and tend to reread the entire series when a new part comes out ... some possible additions

driving (x) up the wall
like herding cats/kittens
a snowball's chance in hell
as helpful as 3 blind mice
a/an (x ... I grew up hearing "elephant") designed by committee
raining cats and dogs (add alligators if it's a real cloud-buster)
bats in the belfry / light's on but nobody's home
are you blowing smoke?

it's late and my brain's shutting down ... that's all I can think of right off the bat (WEG)
TerraMacMillan chapter 31 . 7/12/2016
I love these updates. I'm so glad you continue to do them. This was a great chapter. I love seeing minor characters brought into the things. Also, I loved the Alexander "Ten Dollar Founding Father" Hamilton bit. It made me laugh. (I'm assuming you were going for a Hamilton reference. You did beautifully.) I look forward to whatever is next!