Reviews for If There's Love
Adrameleck 6 86 chapter 12 . 4/2
Wow, just wow!, every single one of these stories are amazing!. One better than the other one!.
I loved "Liar Liar", it was just amazing!; there were SO many great lines in it!.
For example: "... You didn't mourn six friends Emily, no one told you we were dead and let you think you buried us. You didn't spend seven months feeling like a failure because you couldn't save us.", (that was such a great, legit, in-character line!) or "... I don't need you to let me down easy Emily, I just need you to leave me alone" and many more lines.
As a matter of fact, the entire story was better than all that crap we (the audiences or fans) were forced to swallow, given to us from the show.
It would be really amazing if you'd write a multi-chapter story based on "Liar Liar", focusing it mainly on Reid/Prentiss. Maybe you could start it before her death writing a few chapters about their feelings (friendship or maybe something more) then write how they were both "coping" with her "death" and missing each other; (for example: Emily drinking in some hotel room and Reid going to the fire range) then the reactions of the team (focusing on Reid's) about her return (maybe you could write a better/greater reaction) and how everything develops after that.
Differently from the few other stories out there, you kept it 100 % in-canon, with the possibility of Reid being mad at the others too, not just to Hotch, JJ, and Emily.
I'd like to see a development in Reid's character where he confronts all of them, throwing (and rightfully so) back at their faces everythin they had done to him, whatever they meant it or not, but in an "adult way", staring at them in the eyes the entire time, without yelling and without pacing back and forth, but with such anger and fire in his eyes that he almost looked scary.
It'd be nice to see him changing in the way he carries himself too, like straightening up his back and holding his head higher when he talks and walks.
You could make him carry two guns like Elle used to do, and make him still going at the fire range even after everything was (apparently) fixed. Then, it'd be up to you how Reid and Emily would "fix" their relationship (keeping it a friendship or something more).
Or you could have Reid leaving (which I think it's more believable); he'd go on after the pasta party to make it look like everything was fixed, when at the end of a case he'd go straight to Strauss and give her his immediate resignation. Since in his season seven we had a softer, more human version of the Section chief, you could have her trying to persuade the young doctor in accepting a promotion or a transfer in another unit, telling him that the Bureau wouldn't want to lose someone with his skills but he'd keep refusing and saying he didn't want to have anything to do with the BAU, the FBI and the Bureau all together,any more. So he'd just ask Strauss to keep his leaving in a low profile not willing to let anybody know.
He'd keep acting like nothing was wrong at work, while he was packing stuff ready to leave his apartment and to skip town willing to get away from it all, and to go to find closer to Vegas than D.C., in order to stay closer to his mother. It'd be fun to see him going to a few casinos and win big before leaving, so he could pay himself a house without working for a while.
It'd be amazing to read that after his last day, the team would arrive to the bullpen to see his desk completely empty. While asking explanations the team would get ready for a new case, meanwhile Hotch would take matter on his own hands and go at Reid's willing to talk to him.
He'd arrive there and see he was too late, the apartment would empty with just a note on the table saying "I'm not sorry... I don't feel the need to say goodbye this time.." along with his gun, badge and (empty) wallet. Hotch'd come back to the BAU showing the team what he had found and then all of them would get a lecture from Strauss, explaining them what happened.
It'd be nice to see him getting lots of job offers, from many agencies around the world ( CIA, MI6/7, DSS etc.. etc...) and he would end up accepting one of them.
I'd personally love to read about him joining CIA, and enter a some sort of special super spy program, willing to change himself and his image. At the end of the program, he'd became, secure, muscular, fluent in several languages and extremely good at fighting. He'd later join some special team and take missions around the world. Meanwhile at the BAU, Garcia would cry because she'd miss him a lot and she couldn't find him, Morgan would be there to hold, JJ would silently blames herself and cry at her home with Will comforting her, and both Hotch and Rossi would "mourn" on their own way, blaming themselves because (in Hotch case, he knew about the secret of Emily being alive, played with the team's emotions and even after Emily came back, he never properly apologized to any of them, much less Reid; in Rossi's case, he'd blame himself for not being there for "the kid", and not telling him the few inklings he had about Emily' situation).
Emily, herself, would be the most affected by it, acting like nothing was wrong at work, but crying her eyes out alone at her place, realising her feelings for him and how stupid and selfish those words she had said to him on the plane back from Oklahoma had being. She'd try and find him with her own resources and contacts but she wouldn't make it.
The team would only see Reid again, over 3 years later, seeing him on some photos as a hitman (with a different name and criminal record) of a huge drug cartel leader.
But they'd be barely able to recognize him, because he'd had change a lot; he had long hair (like at Haley's funeral or longer) dyed black and a beard (look for some photo of Gubler with a beard to understand what I mean), and he would look bigger, healthier, heavier, and intimidating.
The team would later come face to face with Reid's new boss, who would tell them to back off, and that he was undercover as a hitman in order to stop the drug trafficking.
It' d be up to you to create how they the team come face to face with Reid again, to write about what everyone was feeling about seeing "this him", so changed, much more mature after so long, and if Reid and Emily' feeling for each other would still be there or they had both moved on, and after the whole case would end, if Reid would come back to the FBI and his old team or stay in the his new team, which were like a REAL family to him, not like the fake, plastic one of the BAU.
(it'd be cool to see one of the members of the new team, being a really hot girl and having feelings for Reid, and maybe, after a while and a bad situation on a mission, the genius would start having feeling for her too).
I apologize for the long review, but I just wanted to "write it out of my system", if you were interested in writing the story (or know someone who woudl) I could give you some more infos, or ideas I have about it.
But anyway, I really really liked all these one-shots, you managed to capture and write down the characters' emotions and his or her way of portraying him/her self in an unbelievably realistic way.
Great job again, and I sincerely hope to read more of Reid/Prentiss from you.

P.S.: Have you ever thought about writing some Reid/Elle stuff? I'd love to read it!.
sleeplessinrio chapter 17 . 8/1/2013
This is a really good series. I love the way you write them.
Chrystle Ayer chapter 17 . 8/22/2012
*claps*

Another great chapter! As I've said I don't even know how many times now, Assertive Spencer is my favorite Spencer. Are you ever going to bring this to a close, Karma?
SpemilyFan chapter 17 . 4/7/2012
I love Determined!Spencer. :)
SpemilyFan chapter 16 . 4/7/2012
Angsty goodness.
LoveforPenandDerek chapter 17 . 4/7/2012
very well done!
lolyncut chapter 17 . 4/7/2012
How I wish it would be Emily and Spencer getting married in the season finale and not JJ. I'm sure it's JJ because her mother is going to be there. Keep updating.
lolyncut chapter 1 . 4/7/2012
I'm rereading this story on a nice, lazy Saturday morning. I love these two together. And that was not just a hug. It was a full body contact hug. The writers sure did miss the boat with these two. Between the hug and the hand holding on the plane, Emily and Reid were beginning the ride of their lives, but the writers did nothing about it.

Chapter 17 just went up, but I'm going to reread and make a couple of comments on chapters I didn't review the first million times I've read this.
lolyncut chapter 15 . 3/21/2012
I wish it were these two getting married during the last episode. I hate the thought of Paget leaving. Love your story, with them already married.
SpemilyFan chapter 15 . 3/21/2012
Amazing chapter...I'd say it was worth the wait, but I hate waiting! More soon! :)
Chrystle Ayer chapter 14 . 12/29/2011
Oh, Karma, I'm sorry I haven't been able to leave a review the last few months. Loved the last few chapters! My fave was Liar, Liar! There have been some one-shots of the series in which I've been angry with Emily, but the last, if your intention was for us to hate her, you accomplished that with me! Not even understanding where she was coming from and you giving us some spicyness toward the end made forgive her. You better pull out your best update yet to make up for that, lol! Dammit, though, I really was hoping that you'd get a review explosion by the time I was able to catch up again. I'm really disappointed for you that this fic has been sort of lost in pile-on. Well, I'm off to read your Halloween treat I managed to miss.
Chaney chapter 4 . 12/19/2011
This one hit all my kinks. Hot hot hot. If you ever decide to do more than a one-shot of any of these, this 'verse with the secret marriage and cocksure Reid and tattoos is begging for it ;D
lolyncut chapter 14 . 12/7/2011
Emily is so stupid. I hope she realizes she can't keep kicking Reid to the curb.

I've been reading a blog about CBS possibly making Reid gay. Oh, they can't show Reid with a girl, but they'll make him gay. If TPTB are so stupid that they do that, more than one viewer will stop watching. I'm done ranting.

Please work this story out to have a happy ending. I love fluff and smut. Thanks.
SpemilyFan chapter 14 . 12/6/2011
Great story! I could definitely see something like this going down.
loveforpenandderek chapter 13 . 11/7/2011
really enjoyed this chapter. you captured their personalities well
58 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »