Reviews for Goodbye, Roxas
Solitudes Shadow chapter 1 . 4/19/2014
I always felt sad whenever xion is mentioned because she was cursed for her life to end in a blink of an eye and to never be remembered further more she wasnt suppose to exist

Her entire life was just one year then fate just decided tossed her away its not like she wanted to be born the way she was and sure she had people roxas and axel to have her back but they forgotten her and who knows if she will ever be able to laugh and act like idiots over ice cream again

Then again all the nobodies never had a heart and they were also just killed off when they werent useful anymore other than namine and roxas who got to meet there original selves due to their unusual birth but still fate was just to cruel
Inmate XIV chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
I always wondered what Xion's last diary entry was...I should write a fanfiction! (Now I seriously think I should) Back to you! I liked this, it made me happy yet I knew I should be...
Chandramukhi chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
This is the saddest and most tragic scene in the whole Kingdom Hearts franchise. It made me cry so much. The worse is that she got forgotten. Being forgotten seems much worse than being dead.

Putting it into words must have been difficult. I think you have done a very good job at this. Writing from Roxas' point of view, from a Nobody's point of view, must have been hard especially since they are supposed not to feel anything. But you all wrote it very well, I especially like how you described his tears. I just felt he couldn't understand what all this meant, how feeling just seems strange to him.

I was listening to "Musique pour la tristesse de Xion" while reading this. Made me even sadder.
Ceri Moriarty chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
:tear:

This was just beautiful. I quite like the way you wrote Roxas, his confusion, his lack of knowledge of things like what tears are, his lack of memory until the crucial point.

Xion doesn't seem to be a very popular character—possibly because she only appears in one game—so it's really wonderful to find good, non-bashing fanfiction of her with her best friends.

I must remind myself not to read really good fanfiction where other people can see me. It's undignified to cry in public.

Absolutely wonderful work. :heart:
fictionalcharacterwish chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
This is my favorite cutscene too! The scene where Axel confronts Xion in front of the mansion is my second favorite.)

For some reason, whenever I hear the song "Missing" by Evanescence, it strongly reminds me of this scene.

Great story! :)
Daedalus370 chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Hello again, MA; it's been a bit of a while since I've last seen you write, but never in my days would I have guessed you would write about Kingdom Hearts (even less so about that great game with the most misleading title)! There's never too many Kingdom Hearts stories on this site, so yay for the addition, hm? Anywho, without further ado, I'll see if I can get to a review:

First off, you depicted this scene between Roxas and Xion, perhaps the most touching one in the series, quite well. You described Roxas' inner thoughts and lack of memory quite well without disturbing the script as much as, say, me, and it flowed nicely. I believe that there was a diary page for Day 357 . . . but I am not so sure, since I haven't played any of the series (I did get an amiable vantage point over some shoulders, though, *grins*). Nonetheless, this was a great interpretation, so good job with that.

Before I waggle on, let's continue to focus on that description of yours. You were already strong when it comes to depicting things, but now you seem to have given everything a better hue by adding uncommon words and brilliant colour. That is great to see in a scene such as this. Each shade and word drives into a reader in ways they might not know and leaves a great impression. Kudos for achieving just that.

Writing about a Nobody is tough without delving deeply into feelings. Though they say that they do not have such things, I always have wondered if they did have some remnant emotions other than strong desires (for example, that one Light and Darkness Eternal guy that everyone misspells the name of and that I refrain from saying and rant onward just because I don't want to P ). Apparently you thought so too, considering he distinctly felt emotion in the paragraph opening up with "I was stunned."

I've spotted a few errors here and there, I think only one spelling error and a few inconsistencies with hyphens and dashes, but nothing too apparent. Oh, and speaking of dashes . . . wow, that's a lot of them. Never before have I seen so many, not even in all of your Golden Sun chapters.

Whatever the case, you have done incredibly well with this one-shot, especially with something as alien to you (I think) as the first-person. It evoked strong emotions from me and apparently other readers, and still had the mien of the original scene. I'd like to see more one-shots from you in the near future, since you are rather good at them.

In short, better attention to detail, drawing emotion, and all those lovely dashes drew me into the story, as per usual. Every time I see a newer chapter I see your growth as a writer and whatever weaknesses you previously had start to fade away. Keep going on like this and I'd probably be first in line for a novel of yours. P Happy reading and writing, MA, and ciao!
Willowfur and Piper chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
It's so sad! I cried on the cutscene too. To make me cry... I cry as often as Larxene, its my nickname cuz apparently I act like her. I nearly slapped my friend for that remark. She's called me Larxene ever since.

Whatever.

I'd like to see more stuff like this. It's pretty good.

Willowfur