Reviews for The Ties That Bind
Makorra chapter 1 . 3/27/2012
Damnit! This is so sad. I see you wrote this before we found out that Katara is alive (maybe the only one of the original gang). Still I like your version. And Aang's tie with Ozai due to energybending is GENIUS! I really hope that is the explanation given and not some stupid cop-out. You should write for the show!
hello camel chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
I really, really loved this. Everything about this felt so spot on.

It a beautiful interpretation-especially the ending. Great job.
00Verisimilitude00 chapter 1 . 3/4/2012
such a sad, wonderful story. I especially liked Sokka and Zuko's final words... so in character and wonderfully done. bravo.
Anon chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Very bittersweet. You portrayed everyone perfectly. Well done.
Boogum chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
This is kind of depressing, so I was really pleased you had a happier ending. I like the thought of them all being linked. I still need to watch the show, of course, but I will get there eventually. _~

Anyway, even though I said this was a little depressing, it's not sooo 'death and death and death' where I just feel like curling up into a ball and singing about rainbows. I have no idea if that makes sense (I've had no sleep in the past I don't know how many hours, so my mind feels all mushy), but basically what I'm trying to say is that there was something sweet about this as well. A sort of resigned but hopeful tone. Again, if that makes sense.

I have a lot of fics to catch up with from you, but I don;'t know when I'll next have time to read them. I hope everything is going well for you, though. It seems like aeons since we last talked. :(
Mrs Pettyfer chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
Well THAT was sadder than I expected! Geesh. lol Very good though. I like the idea of Aang being tied to Ozai. I didn't think it made much sense that the gang wouldn't be alive in Korra but this makes more sense. Nice job. :D
Peace215 chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
I absolutely love this piece!

It's so well written, so insightful, and terribly bittersweet that it's just brilliant.

And I think you answered a question that all viewers had on their minds'. Why does Aang die so young (clearly King Bumi was 112 when the series began, why couldn't Aang live as long?), and why none of the others are alive when Korra becomes Avatar. 70 years isn't too terribly long of a life when most are 12 - 17. they could still be kicking. It's mind blowing - but I think you gave us something that could be canon.

Friends being united throughout time is a wonderfully calming sense. As if even if you die, you know when you come back, someone will be there. And obviously you had each character knowing it was to come. Even though they were facing death, they knew their friends and loved ones would be there.

Lovely piece! Can't say enough good things about it!

Peace
Bolin 4 President chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
This had me crying, I admit it. It was just so beautiful and sad and somehow right. I can't imagine a better way for the gang to leave this world and reunite for their next great adventure. The part with Korra and her Krew was very touching, too. I wish you wrote for the show.
ice around the moon chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
This was a beautiful way for all of the characters to go onto their next adventure. It was wonderful, really.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
I like that. Ive always believed they're connected that way too, way too many paralels otherwise.

-Dyslexic Nerd
Alavon chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
;_;

So sad...

Great job!
Tinkerbell chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
This was so sad but also so good. I really like your interpretation and I'd like to thank you for writing this. It was beautifully tragic and hopeful. Thank you.
Kuro Chocobo chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
I love this interpretation. I too believe that the Gaang's bond amongst themselves is so strong, it's spiritual. As you said, like soul mates, they'll somehow find each other again in the next life, aha.
Kylie Potter chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
I wish this was on Facebook so I could "like" it. I really like the idea that the Gaang's connected the way you portrayed them. Though Aang doesn't exactly die young... He's 183 when he dies.
Masayume85 chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
Oh my god you got me to cry! This may not have been Zutara but holy crow I was in tears... still sniffling a little actually. Oh my god ;_;

I've not been looking forward to Legend of Korra because I don't know how I want to deal with the GAang being gone, but since I've still got some time maybe it'll get a little easier.

So. Sad. Still a little teary, that was painfully beautiful.
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »