Reviews for Proprietor of Want
Schtroumpf grognon chapter 1 . 11/1
that was a very sad story.

Poor Alice. It wasn't the sound of her wings retracting. I suppose it's a common mistake. They were being chopped off, rather viciously, and probably forever. By social protocol no less. I wonder if this was resignation or acceptance, or just apathy. My money is on apathy, because well, c'est la vie.

Or maybe it's not that at all, maybe I did not understood a word correctly in this fanfic. Maybe they were talking of bananas for all I know. (I don't SUPPOSE it's the case, but WELL...) I think that's the beauty of this, to be honest.

I absolutely loved the sentence ''you're a charlatan of nonsense'' such a pretty way to describe him. It rings true to me. Also, the volatility. The atmosphere. The surreal. The strangeness. The absolute disinterest (was it Jeffery- George? Castor? Richard?). I'M HERE for this shit.

Thank you for writing and sharing this. I hope we would see another one of Alice one of these days. Despite the finality of the last words, I do not feel this as an particular ending. For me it's probably death that would be her true ending, for some reasons. I have no idea why, in this peculiar case, I feel this way.
Collaborative Lady chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Goodness. I don't understand. I don't really care. Pretty wings and hallucinogenic riddles.
Alliriyan chapter 1 . 11/3/2011
You're in a league of your own on this site, you know?
waterlit chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
If I could, I would favourite this a few times over.

It took about two tries for me to understand the ending, but once I got it, it was just -boom-

You write really well! I love how you remained vague about the Hatter (was he just a figment of Alice's imagination?) and it's interesting how in the end Alice doesn't get her happy ending but succumbs to the pressures of reality instead.
kiera golightly chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
my goodness ren. you and your writing have grown SO MUCH. not that you and your writing have never been not amazing, but this was seriously so fantastic. this really flowed in ways that some of your old work didn't, and it was extremely poignant for a drabble/oneshot. hjsdgsdjkhsd i am proud of you 3
Annie Sparklecakes chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Oh, Ren. As bad as I felt for adding to your to-do list, I am SO GLAD you wrote this, because it is wonderful. You've always been a great writer, but lately your writing has turned so PRETTY. This is beautiful - and you write a fantastic Hatter.

No words to express how much I love this. I've already read it twice.

On a side note, you think those agents discovered your fanfics? Maybe they read them.
the general girl chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
This is beautiful!
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
ChasingProse chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Ah. So angst-filled. Beautifully done though. I especially like the bit about wings retracting.