Reviews for The Tent Standoff
SupernaturalFlames chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Very nice story! Everyone was spot on! Please keep writing! :)
Jinzle chapter 1 . 8/30/2011
Stand strong Cielag. Your writings are appreciated. Erich is a wonderful character, though I wonder at the ease that he let them have the medical supplies. Every bandage he lets Troy and Moffit have is less that his fellow soldiers will have. Even for a decent and moral person, this has to cause some internal conflict. Desert Mouse :)
KitKat132 chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
As always, love your stories. But must comment regarding "anonymous" reviewer.

Regarding "that people glorify what Germany's wrong". Must admit I'm curious how Cielag is "glorifying" "Germany's wrong", unless of course your belief is that all Germans during WWII were evil. Unfortunately, at least with most people I've met over the years, the assumption is not that only Nazis were evil, but that all Germans were Nazis & therefore all Germans were evil. Most assume that all Germans were Nazis, which is of course not true. And "sad that people love bad characters"? I really don't get that one, because again, it assumes that just because one is German that they are bad. There were many Germans who hated the Nazis, & some even from the very beginning. Many of them had to leave the country for fear of what would happen to both themselves & to their families, & many more were murdered as they dared to disagree with those in charge. Yes, there were also far too many Germans who realized too late just exactly what the Nazis stood for & possibly had people been more aware, & more concerned about what was happening to many of their neighbors, in particular their Jewish neighbors, maybe the Nazi's would never had gotten as far as they did. But, at the beginning it was also a time of terrible economic depression for Germany, when people were without hope & desperate. (partly caused by the Treaty of Versailles) Unfortunately, Hitler & his henchman said what people wanted to hear, & at the beginning there was renewed hope for a better future. Of course, it didn't take long to realize that Hitler & those with him were far from what many expected, but by then, they had taken control, & the country was now ruled by fear. (Nazi youth comes to mind-parents afraid of their own brain washed crazy Nazi children)

Oh, & one has to wonder why pretty much everyone is aware of Nazi atrocities & the role of Germany & the Nazis during the war, but know little to nothing regarding the role of Stalin's Russia both during & after the war, (just ask the women & girls of Berlin when the "good guys" Russians came marching in), nor know the evils of the Japanese regarding both civilians & POWs, & yet are certainly aware of Hiroshima & Nagasaki.

But back to Cielag. I like your stories because they focus not only on the evil of the Nazi regime, as so many outlets do whether in books, TV or film, but on what we don't often see, the goodness of those who opposed what was going on, & that many did so at great risk to both themselves & their families. And, considering it is RP fic, I think it is all the more important. It was Hans Gudegast (aka Eric Braeden) himself who changed the role of Captain Dietrich from how it was originally written. The original character was supposed to be the stereotypical crazy Nazi, even down to having an eye patch & a limp. Thankfully, HG suggested that the captain be a more Rommel-esque type soldier, which based upon what actually happened in North Africa, was a much more accurate description of the soldiers there. (There's a reason that it is also called "the Gentleman's War"). Maybe that's why Hitler deserted them; they represented everything he hated. I enjoy your non-typical point of view, & your depiction of both the good, & the evil of Nazi Germany. Please continue your stories. JC
Guest chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Your writings are very good so I hope you do not mind if I question a few things.

As a German I find it unusual that your works are all German-based in that time because of all the wrong Germany did. Even if your writings are not NAZIs, Germans who were not NAZIs did horrible things, both to our own people and to the people of the countries they were in. It was the German people and not the NAZIs who killed many innocents and yet people do not understand this and believe only NAZIs are evil. I, and others, have tried very hard to put it behind us and we find it sad that people glorify what Germany's wrong. You may not see you are doing this but it is the way you write that makes those who read feel sympathy for men who represent wrong. The characters in the television, however honorable, were created to be the enemy of the characters for which it is named and had it continued they would have been defeated or destroyed because the good must win. It is sad that people love bad characters.

As well, I wish you would write more for the characters as, by writing for characters of your own, your writings become more original writings and not fanfiction. There is much richness within the existing men to create upon and I would enjoy seeing your talents in this way.
hogan macgyver chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
Boy, it certainly a small desert! I hope that Erich understands why Troy had to do that when he wakes up. I'm not so sure I would... especially with a good chance of having a headache.
Sgt. Moffitt chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
Whoa! That was a bit of a shock, for Troy to do that to Erich, who had been so cooperative. But you explained that well, and I can see the necessity.