Reviews for Stop Loss
hannah50601 chapter 33 . 5/29
holy cow. that was incredible! why did it take me this long to find this masterpiece?
AncientGleek chapter 33 . 1/7
Just a heads-up: This may sound a bit excessive, but given what I’m feeling, it also may simply be the truth. It also probably will be somewhat incoherent because I’m writing immediately after finishing Stop Loss.

Seldom has a writer held me so fast to a story or moved me the way you have with Stop Loss. I haven’t read any of the other readers’ comments yet, but I imagine you received everything from raves to rants as you posted each chapter. I cannot imagine what it must have been like to read this as a WIP over the course of a year instead of as a completed story in the space of a couple of days. I’m sure other readers have mentioned laughing and crying and cursing and, quite possibly, thinking mildly violent thoughts as they read from chapter to chapter.

I confess, that when I read the summary, I was dubious that the story would be one I would enjoy. Kurt at Carmel with Jesse? And a “damaged” Blaine? It almost sounded like a set-up for yet another “angst for the sake of angst” story or for a cliché of a poorly written D/s story. Instead, I discovered a journey that successfully delves into the personal growth and development of each of the boys—examining their strengths and weaknesses as well as their struggles with each other and, especially important, within themselves.

I apologize for not writing reviews on each chapter, but I simply didn’t want to stop reading long enough to write. So, even if I could retrace them all, I’m not going to try to give a blow-by-blow description of my own reactions to each event in the lives and world you created for Kurt and Blaine, nor will I attempt to describe in detail the appreciation I have for how well you worked within and around canon. Let’s just say I experienced some extremely strong emotions (something I don’t tend to do when reading about fictional characters, despite my fangirl feelings about Klaine), and that I was very impressed with the effective way that you both mingled and mangled canon to meet the needs of the story.

To be honest, I’m not sure why I haven’t read any of your works before now, and I’m not even sure how I came across this story (possibly tumblr-related), but the timing couldn’t have been more perfect. In two days the final season of Glee begins. Having successfully survived the incredibly vast range of emotions evoked by your amazing story, I am much more confident that I will survive the thirteen tumultuous episodes that undoubtedly await. I can only hope I finish the season of canon with as full a heart as I felt after having read the final chapter of Stop Loss.
1gleefan chapter 33 . 9/28/2014
This is positively breathtaking. Why it took me so long to find you, to discover your genious, I don't know. But I can't tell you how glad I am that I did. Thank you, thank you, thank you for this wonderful, beautiful, glorious work of fiction. I hope you will continue to write Klaine. It would be a shame if you didn't. Meanwhile, I'll check out your other Klaine fics. Thanks again. :-)
Hufflelump chapter 27 . 7/17/2014
Really enjoying this, interesting take on Kurt particularly - how he would have responded to popularity and acceptance from the mass, but without the family-like New Directions.

Have to say though, I think Kurt forgave Blaine waaaaaaaaaay too easily here. I mean I get that Blaine's a mess and is absolutely right that he needs some time on his own to get his head together. And I get that Jesse is a manipulative nutjob who is making everything more difficult - but for Blaine to disappear for a week with no contact AT ALL when Kurt's dad was in the hospital, and then transfer schools without even a phone call? That is out of line in a major major way, that even the nicest of letter (and it WAS a very nice letter) can't just undo.
Mystical-Elf-Of-Sorrow chapter 33 . 4/13/2014
amazing
diehardklainer chapter 33 . 12/29/2013
I have to say this is one hell of a story. I found it as a fic suggestion by chazzam and started reading. your characterisation of Kurt and Jesse is so apt and their friendship is so good. Had me crying like baby in a lot of places. The detail you have put to it was so breathtaking. I'm happy I read it knowing its 600 pages long is so worth it.
Your writing is just pure joy and the picture your painted with little details we know about Carmel is like I just watched this fic on my tv. So I needed to come here and let you know
now I'm gonna go check out your other fics.
Writers like you are a gift to this fandom and through fic's like there are how I'm gonna live with my boys (klaine) on whole life.
congotandsja chapter 33 . 10/9/2013
A wonderful, enjoyable fic that made me cry, laugh and beam. I absolutely adored it. The characterization, particularly of Jesse and Kurt, was incredibly spot on. A brilliant fic.
Romy Katherine chapter 33 . 9/11/2013
Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's finished! I have really enjoyed reading this and struggled to stop reading at many points. I actually downloaded the ebook version but it stopped at chapter 28 and I had a mini heart attack that I'd got to the end and that was it. I am always in awe of anyone who can write such a detailed and long fic and this one was brilliant. Well done and thanks for writing it :)
singyourheartout287 chapter 33 . 8/31/2013
Wow. I don't even know where to begin.

I can't remember how I found this story, but I am so, so glad I did. It's been truly captivating from start to finish. I love the way you portrayed Blaine and Kurt's relationship, because the way they handle their conflicts and arguments and their "break" is so adult. It's fitting, though, because Blaine and Kurt are both very mature-beyond-their-years characters. There is not a moment in this story that feels boring, or excessive, or dull, or unnecessary, or out of place. It's all very cohesive and the pacing is wonderful-(even if Kurt and Blaine taking FOREVER to reunite has bothered me to no end for the past few days as I've been reading).

This was a truly wonderful piece that shows incredible strength in your understanding of character. I really liked the way you explored and portrayed the depths of Kurt and Blaine's characters, and even Jesse's. It all felt very realistic and canon, but in a way that fits your individual story and world. It's also a great portrayal of the complexities of human relationships. Kurt and Jesse's relationship is infuriating, but it works, and the several layers to it are clearly and expertly shown in your writing.

Overall, I'd say this is a literary masterpiece. Is there room for improvement? Yes. There always is as a writer. I'm sure you go back and skim through certain parts and think of something you would have done differently, however small. You should feel an incredible amount of pride at what you've created here, though. You're a phenomenal writer, and I have no doubt that if you pursued a career as a novelist, you'd be quite successful.

Cadie
persiegirl20 chapter 29 . 8/25/2013
"I'm still here" by Vertical Horizon as this fic's Kurt solo? Wow! What a bold choice! Whether Glee canon or fanfic, Kurt has never ever sung this type of song, but he should - he definitely should. Just to rattle our Gleek case!
Is anyone else but me waiting impatiently for a Chris Colfer CD?
TheFeehanFan chapter 33 . 8/17/2013
I really want this to have a sequel. The awesome can't just stop like this! The awesome must continue! Is there any chance of a sequel or do I need to prepare myself for the fact that this story is done and I will get no more of it's particularly well written verses.
TheFeehanFan chapter 23 . 8/17/2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Finally someone who uses navy without the redundant 'blue' addition! You just made my day! That is one of my biggest literary pet peeves and almost no one uses navy properly. You are awesome and i wish you much luck and happiness.
hma1010 chapter 33 . 8/7/2013
I LOVED this! So great!
Munchkins.x chapter 2 . 6/26/2013
So far, so good! I can't wait to read the next chapter and I guess that's what I'm going to do now. Your written is really good and I don't know but Blaine is just adorable here.

Love this.
letshaveakiki chapter 14 . 5/7/2013
ooh, Kurt, I like the dominant little thingy at the end, silly boy ;) i really like the intense atmosphere around the two!