Reviews for Stop Loss
choir-freak chapter 17 . 9/3/2012
This story is getting in my head. I read some of it before going to bed last night and I had a dream that I was in vocal adrenaline.

I love the length of your chapters. I like that they aren't just little snippits. And I've read a few klaine fics but this one is great because they are actually together! So many stories drag it out forever and they don't get together till like chapter 52. Which is fine sometimes. But its nice to read this where they didn't take a million years.

I think you have Jesse's character down really well. I can always imagine him saying all the things in this story. And I really think you nailed the intensity of vocal adrenalines dedication to their show choir. All the crazy things they do and such. It is great.
Long Live Nelly chapter 32 . 9/1/2012
I don't think I've reviewed the last few chapters...life has been ridiculously hectic the last few months. I have been reading though. I can't describe how happy I am when I see a new chapter in my inbox!

I kind of feel like I've already said everything I need to say about this story. It really is an exceptional piece of work. The characterisation is spot on, which is difficult to do in an alternate history kind of AU - very recognisably the characters from the show, but with differences related to their changed circumstances.

I particularly love the way you write Jesse. He's difficult to pin down but you've got his worldview just right, and given him layers - layers! Jesse St James!

The lion subplot is gorgeous, and totally Kurt. If you look at his canon efforts re West Side Story, getting sponsors for a show where the directors laughed in his face at his audition, it is entirely believable that he would do something like this for Blaine. Gorgeous.

Blaine's post-it notes and journal were the most adorable thing ever.

Burt remains the best father in the world.

I love what you've done with Shelby. I feel like the show missed a trick with her and it's lovely seeing some exploration of her character here.

I could (and probably should) go on for many more paragraphs but I feel a headache coming on so I'll save it for the final chapter and a re-read of the entire story.

Hope all is well with you and that situations you mentioned in previous ANs have been resolved or are on their way to being so. Looking forward to the final chapter so much.
Chinablues chapter 32 . 8/31/2012
So excited... and so satisfied. Love this chapter, this storyline, and your interpretation of the characters. I continue to enjoy your strong, confident Kurt. Know that when you post the last chapter *sad face* I'll be reading the whole fic from word one to maximize its impact. You deserve all the kudos.
choir-freak chapter 9 . 8/31/2012
You make me laugh. A lot. I even love your ANs. My favorite thing you've said so far is 'dapper sadness'. Ah it made me laugh so much.

I'm reading this on my kindle and this story gets so cute sometimes I have to use ridiculous amounts of self control not to throw my kindle accross the room in crazy fits of flailing fangirl excitement.
choir-freak chapter 4 . 8/31/2012
This is perfect. You are perfect. I love the thing they have where people don't actually have to go to class. Cause Jesse mentions that in season 2 and you made it work so it makes sense. I love that blaines necklace is phoenix. Is that supposed to be symbolic? Or am I overthinking?
choir-freak chapter 2 . 8/31/2012
Dang it! I was hoping Kurt would hear him sing! I'm loving this. The writing is really good. And I love how Kurt kind of over thinks. I do it all the time so I love when other people do it too. When they were passing the post its or when he touched blaines hair. Its awesome cause you don't over do the over thinking. What Kurt worries about makes sense. Ok. On to read more :)
choir-freak chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
I'm liking this. I never read AU stories but this one intrigued me for some reason. So far I am not disappointed. I am on to the next chapter.
drpepperluvgurl chapter 32 . 8/28/2012
Aww Blaine! He's home and seeing what Kurt did for him! Can't wait for the Kurt Blaine interaction in person. I liked the Jesse action, I think that the relationship he has with Kurt was what really got me into this story and I love whenever it gets brought up even if it kinda helped Blaine run away and distance himself from Kurt.

Nonetheless! Amazing chapter. Can't wait for the next/final one! This story has been so creative and awesome, I'm really glad you wrote it!
Guest chapter 32 . 8/27/2012
I really love how you have written Kurt. It is like how canon Kurt would have been without all the bullying. Your Kurt is strong, determined, snarky yet ever so kind to the people who are important to him. I am uneasy that Kurt's current experience with the new Vocal Adrenaline director is affecting Kurt negatively. Yet I am not happy about him going to Dalton to be a backup singer for Blaine. I just wish that Shelby's hopes for Kurt would come true and Kurt would be recognized for the star talent that he has worked so hard for. Everything seems to come so easy for Blaine.

I actually like Jesse and Kurt together and I think Jesse is trying to change (to the best of his capabilities). As Blaine reluctantly admitted, Jesse was one of Kurt's few supports when Burt was ill. I think Kurt has become smarter about Jesse and he won't give Jesse much chance to manipulate him again.

I am actually starting to forget why Blaine does keep away from Kurt. It seems that though Blaine still has his problems, he is able to interact with everyone else, travel to another country and audition for the Warblers. Yet even though Kurt almost lost his father, had to keep his father's business running and is now dealing with a personal crisis with Vocal Adrenaline, the best Blaine can do for Kurt are some phone calls and a postcard. I know that Kurt's zoo project is an incredible expression of his love for Blaine, all the more amazing in that Kurt has refused to take any credit. I hope that Blaine will be able to do more in his expression of love for Kurt than just say he is now ready to be with Kurt (if even that).
Guest chapter 32 . 8/27/2012
LOVE
shadowjardis chapter 32 . 8/27/2012
Argh, almost done! People really left you hate? Fuck them! Ill never understand why people feel the need to be mean.

So many story lines are kind of converging at this point, and I'm really looking forward to see how things converge and end up working out in the final chapter! Except for Jesse - just can still go away P I get what Kurt is saying, but indefinitely side more with Blaine on this.

I'm so ready for them to get back together. Blaine is so gonna have his heart eyes set to full blast once he finds out that Kurt did all of this for him. Wee!

I also adored your Finn/Kurt interaction, and thought the characterizations were spot on.

Looking forward to the next one, but not ready for the end :(
asweetmoonbeam chapter 32 . 8/27/2012
'Finn shook his hand docilely. "Finn," he replied, briefly holding out the flowers for Kurt to take, before seemingly changing his mind and pulling them back. "Uh, hang on," he stalled, furrowing his brow in concentration.

After a few seconds, his face lit up in recognition. "Thank you for having me in your home," he recited, suddenly more confident. "Rest assured that I come as an ally of the Gay community, with an open heart and mind, and that I bear you no ill will or harm. Also, I'm dating a charming young ingénue who happens to have Two Gay Dads, and I have personally witnessed the complete normality of what others would incorrectly portray as an alternative lifestyle, and wish you all the best in your formative years."

He thrust the flowers at a speechless Kurt, looking proud of himself.'

this might be the best Finn moment I have ever read
petalene chapter 32 . 8/27/2012
You are killing me. Everything you write is so amazingly beautiful. Blaine has got to realize how much Kurt loves him after this. And the bit with Kurt explaining to Jessie he needs to go to his classes-priceless!
shesXsuperXfreaky chapter 32 . 8/27/2012
Just crying rn. I just really really like this story.
amethyst-uk chapter 32 . 8/27/2012
AÑSLJDLKASHFÑKSZHFLJZSHFÑASD GÑASJHFLJDSHFÑKDHBLXDNVCÑLSZ DNVKJDBVÑ . -ÑLDSKVML,DFBVNLÑSDKVÑSDLKHVKSDJFÑK
(you killed me)